Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Administration

Administration This area is for the forum administrator to make any announcements regarding the forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-12-2006, 20:32
Founder

Default Changes to the Pollensa Forum

Dear Forum Members,

after much thought I have decided to ensure that the Pollensa Forum is returned to its original and key purpose, namely that of an information resource for those intending to holiday or live in the Pollensa area. To that end there will no longer be facilities for general discussion and both the Happy Hour and Chat Room will be removed shortly.

There has been increased unpleasantness in both the Happy Hour and Chat Room during the last few days. Having been on the receiving end myself of some particularly vitriolic outbursts I see no reason why I should carry on spending both a lot of time and money (this forum costs Holidays Webs several hundred USD per year and is provided FREE to its members and visitors) in order to let a minority of unpleasant individuals intimidate the rest of the membership.

Contrary to the belief of one member I have received several Private Messages of support from members who no longer wish to post on this forum for fear of being rebuked and who supported the recent banning of a member.

"Keep up the good work."
"Perhaps people will start to post again now ***** has departed. I think he's bullying has been one of the main reasons for people to stop posting in the past."
"I want to let you know that I am 100% behind you on your stance with *****. "
"I would like to express my support for you regarding the above topic. I do not post very often maybe sometimes it is because of the responses one gets. I found ***** to be an unpleasant character ...I hope the site gets back to what it was instead of all this unpleasantness from some of the regular posters"
"I have been appalled by the behaviour of a certain person on the forum in recent months, so much so that I was delighted to hear that he was no longer going to visit the site....I don't normally feel so strongly about issues like this but I was appalled by his behaviour and I have spoken with other members on this site who have told me in chat that he has caused trouble in the past for them."
Unfortunately the banning of individual members has not proved sufficient and I am not prepared to spend any more time and experience any more grief for the sake of a few troublemakers.

As of this moment the Happy Hour has been suspended. Both the Happy Hour and the Chat Room will be removed from Jan 1st. For those of you who would like a general discussion forum, there is nothing to stop you creating your own ezBoard Community - see www.ezboard.com/content/view/73 for ezBoard Products. If you do so I will be happy to post a link to it here (send me details by my ezInbox) but it will not be associated with Holidaywebs Ltd or puertopollensa.com I am leaving the Happy Hour in 'Read Only' mode until Jan 1st to allow those who have posts that they wish to retain such as jokes, recipes etc. to copy them elsewhere.

Any future posts that are not related to holidaying or living in Pollensa will be removed as will those that go off topic.

I am sorry that it has had to come this but unfortunately the forum has been spoilt for the majority by a few individuals.

And finally, on behaf of Holiday Webs may I wish You and Your Families a Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year.

Webmaster
Sponsored Links