Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Accessible Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/accessible-majorca/)
-   -   caves of Drach (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/accessible-majorca/6455-caves-drach.html)

springjean 23-08-2010 18:24

caves of Drach

Hi has anyone visited the caves Drach, and if you have could you tell me if they are wheelchair freindly, or indeed worth a visit.
thank you
Jean:rolleyes:

Belladonna 23-08-2010 20:11

Its been a few years since we went, but its definately worth a visit or two!
On their site on the FAQ section, someone asks about pushchairs and they do advise against it, but I can find nothing regarding wheelchairs in particular, although I personally do not think it advisable, I cannot remember any special facilities.
Have a look at their site to check out further information;

CUEVAS DEL DRACH

Disorderly 23-08-2010 21:17

The caves are very interesting - certainly worth a visit.

Sadly, my recollection suggest that a wheelchair would be a very bad idea.

Sorry!

Duncan

springjean 24-08-2010 19:15

thanks it was worth a try.

eleanor 16-08-2014 14:55

Can anyone tell me if it is safe for someone who suffers with asthma to visit the caves please? I know there is much talk of salt caves being recommended to help with breathing but wondered if anyone has any opinion regarding those in Mallorca? Drach is a long way to travel to find it isn't advisable. Thanks.

alcanadakid 16-08-2014 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleanor (Post 97379)
Can anyone tell me if it is safe for someone who suffers with asthma to visit the caves please? I know there is much talk of salt caves being recommended to help with breathing but wondered if anyone has any opinion regarding those in Mallorca? Drach is a long way to travel to find it isn't advisable. Thanks.

I wouldn't have thought it is a problem there as the ceiling is very high, but I am no expert. They are not salt caves, more limestone or granite I think. Worth visiting if you can, but choose your timing carefully to avoid clashing with coachloads of tourists.

If you want salt caves then the ones near Krakow in Poland are stunning. I was going to say breathtaking but then realized what I was saying!

eleanor 16-08-2014 15:47

Lol AK and many thanks. I thought that was the case but was unsure. It is a friend who asked me and I did suggest she ask her GP to be sure.

Thanks for the Poland suggestion too. I enjoyed Drach when I visited a couple of years back. You are right about trying to dodge the coaches - we weren't so lucky!

Must take a look at our local caves too - Just up the road from pollensa but just never got atound to it!

Rosie34 16-08-2014 17:02

Yes Eleanor - the caves at Campanet are well worth a visit:) And the seating area around the outside gives stunning views - really lovely setting:)

eleanor 16-08-2014 17:06

Thanks Rosie I MUST get there! Have often said it's just up the road and must go but Never enough time! :) Have been to Drach which I really enjoyed so must cross Campanet off the list too.

lollipop 16-08-2014 18:48

Campanet are probably the prettiest caves of all those on the island.

roig cat 17-08-2014 07:37

The view from the terrace at Campanet is my current screen saver!

marilyn 17-08-2014 07:43

A trip to Cuevas de Campanet is a must every visit just to take coffee on the terrace. One of the best views IMO. So tranquil only spoilt occasionally when a large group of cyclists arrive at tbe cafe. Caves are interesting too!