Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Accessible Majorca

Accessible Majorca Information about Access in Pollensa and the rest of Majorca for people with limited mobility.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 22:44

Thumbs up Picnic at Lluc

At 8 this morning the heat was intense in PP so we thought we would have a picnic in the mountains.
We arrived at Lluc and had a lovely day.

For the PICNIC-
On arriving, follow the road into the main carpark and turn sharp right. Go as far as u can ( very short distance) then turn left. Drive up the hill and park accross from the green disabled portaloo cabin. At this point, there is a short crazy paved path to the shady picnic area. Unfortunately, the paving does not extend to the picnic tables, the surface is fairly flat but bumpy. And I resorted to reversing with the wheelchair but it was only a short distance. There are several designated wheelchair picnic tables ( enabling u to push the chair into the table with no restrictions)
For the really organised picnicer... each table has a brick BBQ (rem to take charcoal, tho)
The disabled portaloo was clean and spacious, but no hand washing facilities.

For PARKING-
Tho there are plenty of disabled parking spaces in the main carpark, there is a single disabled space at the roundabout at the entrance to the courtyard in front of the Monastry.

For Info-

Before heading down to the Moanstry, there is a nice wee information centre( same side as Farmacia... at the start of the cloisters) Not wheelchair friendly and tiny office anyway... but has a webcam on the Black Vulture nest and also some good info leaflets. Staff helpful and with good english.

For Monastry-
From the courtyard approaching the Monastry , the wheelchair ramps are to the left side of the Monastry ( same side as the Placa Cafe) providing access to the Monastry and also the disabled toilets within( V.spacious, clean and with washing facilities)

For the Botanic Garden-
Now this is only for the seriously determined Wheelchair Shover !
If u look to the right, just inside the gate, there is a sign showing a wheelchair only this way. It is in fact the last section of the trail, but is on the flat (???)
I would suggest that the 'shover' parks the buggy and does a quick reccy ahead cos I am a relatively fit, 56 female pushing my Dad,12½stone and it was quite an effort but managed and it was worth it !

It was lovely cool day in the hills, our first proper picnic in Mallorca (flasks and all ! lol) and we had a great day... only downer was I missed the meet in the Port... so if anyone is still up for a face to face... Im out here till the end of the month.

Miriam
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2010, 13:35

Thanks for the info, Miriam. I always had the idea in my head that Lluc wasn't accessible. We might now give it a go this year if we get the opportunity.