Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Accessible Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/accessible-majorca/)
-   -   Taxis with wheelchair facilities (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/accessible-majorca/4686-taxis-wheelchair-facilities.html)

CathB 26-05-2009 22:42

Taxis with wheelchair facilities

If you need a taxi try Antoni Riutort Llofriu mobil 619 05 50 90./fax 971 54 68 92- they now have 2 taxi's for disabled /access with wheelchair ramps.etc..we have used the Tony and his family for years for our airport transfers (70 euros same as everyone else)..

family gal 17-08-2009 19:11

Thats really useful info-------thanks

Lindavid 22-07-2011 13:42

Many thanks for that information. I have been going to Pollensa my husband for the last six years but last year we had to cancel our holiday because he a had a severe stroke. Now 12 months on and we are planning to go again in 2012 but now we will not be able to hire a car and I would really appreciate any information that anyone could give me reagarding airport help for disabled and transfers. He can walk very very slowly with the aid of a stick but to go any distance I have to push him in the wheelchair.

JMD40 23-07-2011 11:28

Palma airport provides an excellent assistance service. The important thing is to book FULL WHEELCHAIR ASSISTANCE with your airline when you book your flights. On arrival at UK and Palma airport there are helpline areas with a freephone direct link to the fluorescent jacketed staff - in Palma its called ´Moviemento Sin Fronteras´ or similar. You will be met at this meeting point and assisted/guided through the check in process and taken through to the boarding gate or on arrival at Palma airport you will be collected off the aircraft (the important thing is not to attempt to move and struggle alone - stay in your seat until assistance arrives), taken by wheelchair/electric car to the baggage reclaim where the helper will assist you with your cases and wheel your husband out to your taxi driver. Toni Riutort provides a first class service and I have been using him for all my clients who require private taxis for many years and he does have a taxi specially adapted to take a wheelchair if you prefer.
I presume you will be travelling with your own wheelchair? It is important that the airline, hotel and taxi driver know this. Enjoy your holiday and if you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me via my webpage or private message. Property Rentals, Sales and Property Care in Pollensa, Mallorca from Parasol Property Rentals - Jan Dexter, formerly of the Travel Club of Upminster...... Another site hosted by THiNX IT Solutions

pinns2 08-08-2011 15:09

Thank you for this info, always good to have another taxi number especially one that has wheelchair access.