Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Accessible Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/accessible-majorca/)
-   -   Accessible puerto pollensa - vista boquer (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/accessible-majorca/2837-accessible-puerto-pollensa-vista-boquer.html)

Stocktonmackem 17-02-2008 17:51

Accessible puerto pollensa - vista boquer

Hi I am new to the forum and would like some advice. My husband is a full-time wheelchair user and we will be visitin p.p. for the first time in July. I am staying in an apartment in Vicente buades. The apartments are called Vista boquer , does anyone know them? What is the immediate area like, will it be suitable for wheelchairs etc. Is it far to walk to the Bars and restuarants.
Thanks in advance for any info.
:)

JH02JLH 17-02-2008 20:14

Hi stocktonmackem - Welcome to the PP forum...

You might get more replies if you re-post this question under the Accommodation section. This section is just for discussions about the new move.

Jane:)

PS - My husband asks...are you a Sunderland supporter??

Stocktonmackem 17-02-2008 21:37

Hi Jane. thanks for the tip. Tell your husband that yes I am a Sunderland Season ticket holder and proud of it.;)

Hamcas 20-02-2008 15:07

As a Stockton Smoggy I should tell you appartment is miles from anywhere but infact it is fairly central. 2-3 minutes down to the beach and 2-3 minutes to the square where there are plenty of bars and restaurants.

Sharonh 20-02-2008 20:08

Hi

Not having a wheelchair but needing a buggy for my young child I have always found PP to be very accessible - more so than most resorts. There are no big hills to climb around the centre which is where your apartment is. Ocassionally I have seen cars parked accross the dip in the pavement which is handy for buggys and essential for wheelchairs but I suppose you get that everywhere. As far as bars & restaurants go the majority of them should be fully accessible. :)

Stocktonmackem 21-02-2008 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamcas (Post 18608)
As a Stockton Smoggy I should tell you appartment is miles from anywhere but infact it is fairly central. 2-3 minutes down to the beach and 2-3 minutes to the square where there are plenty of bars and restaurants.

Thanks for that Smoggy, who knows we may even live in the same street.:D

LK1960 06-08-2008 09:37

Vista boquer

Hi stocktonmackem

I read that you have booked to go back to this apartment again next year so I take it everything worked out well.

I've never rented privately before but found this year we had completely outgrown the aparthotels and really need a little more space and comfort. There are so many lovely properties for rent on this site and I've literally spent days going through them. However, having narrowed it down to those in my price range and with the facilities we would need, there are a few apartments in this block on my list.

Could I ask how you found the apartment location wise and whether you think they might be suitable for two children (they'll be 13 and 15) who'd like the use of a pool?

Many thanks. LK

Stocktonmackem 06-08-2008 11:52

Hi LK
The apartment block was superb. Its a new building with a modern feel to it. The pool is only small but is only used by a few people at a time because the beach is very close.if you get one that faces the main road the mountain views are lovely. As for location everything is very close .You are only a few minutes fom the pinewalk, maybe 5 from the square and harbour.There is a big supermarket close by and on the next street down lots of great restuarants, Guru, Trio, Tribeca etc. I would recommend it to anyone. Pm me if you would like to know anymore:)Pat
Forgot to say my 17 year old daughter came with me and she loved it. Plenty of internet cafes for them to use if they get bored

LK1960 06-08-2008 12:08

Pat

Thanks so much for the quick reply and the information. Its a great help.

LK

Stocktonmackem 06-08-2008 15:46

Sorry LK ive just noticed you have been before, i must sound like a right nutter.:D

LK1960 06-08-2008 17:41

Vista Boquer

LOL! Not at all. I've been to Puerto Pollensa many times before but this will be our first time renting privately so your information on the apartments and surrounding area is extremely useful and exactly what I was asking for. Thanks.