Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Watersports & Sailing

Watersports & Sailing Sailing, wind surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling and anything else water related.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 17:38

Default Coastal Environment Agency

Hi all

Has anyone who keeps a boat out in the bay on a mooring had a fine imposed upon them from the Coastal Environment Agency? Or has anyone been charged fees for their mooring? We are deeply concerned and wish to contact anyone with information, who may have had a similar experience as us. The swimming area was extended last summer and all boat owners had to pay to move their boats further away, which we did. Now we are being fined heftily. Any help would be appreciated.

Diver Val
Sponsored Links
Old 13-10-2011, 12:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Val View Post
Hi all

Has anyone who keeps a boat out in the bay on a mooring had a fine imposed upon them from the Coastal Environment Agency? Or has anyone been charged fees for their mooring? We are deeply concerned and wish to contact anyone with information, who may have had a similar experience as us. The swimming area was extended last summer and all boat owners had to pay to move their boats further away, which we did. Now we are being fined heftily. Any help would be appreciated.

Diver Val
I am sorry to hear you have had this problem its crazy that they punish boat owners when we bring so much to the Port.
I think the first thing you need to do is establish exactly what the fine is for. I Keep my boat in the Port from April to October and then store it on my land during the winter,so have not had a problem. The environmental agency boat did come over to us and other boats anchored in chicken bay one day during this summer to ensure the anchor was not in the sea grass. and they made several boats move.
So are they fining you for the mooring being in sea grass? or are they fining you because the boat was moored to close to or in the swimming area ?
Either way I would advise that you deal with this promptly specially if your boat is still moored out in the bay. As I understand it they do have the power to sees the boat if fines are not paid. So you need to establish what they have fined you for then you could look at possibly challenging it. But my feeling is you will have to pay it.
I would be interested to find out exactly what they have fined you for.
Please let me know how you get on
Good luck