Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Watersports & Sailing

Watersports & Sailing Sailing, wind surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling and anything else water related.

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2013, 10:29

UPDATE
I was moored out at chicken bay yesterday afternoon for a good few hours along with around 12 other boats dotted about the bay and nobody asked for any money. And I didn't even see the patrol Rib that is sometimes around so all was normal lets hope it stays
Sparky likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-07-2013, 11:22

Nice one fil699 lets hope it remains free for all ! I will be there in September with my new
eco anchor it's a mud anchor as used on the Norfolk Broads to protect the river beds.
I will even get the instructs translated into Spanish for the eco man in the rib.( I have another name for him but cannot use it here for obvious reasons). Have a great time there and enjoy that magical anchorage.
Sparky, lollipop and fil6699 like this.
Old 30-07-2013, 10:01
Super Moderator

An update from the DDM Usuarios proponen hacerse cargo de las boyas de Punta Avançada - Diario de Mallorca, translated by Google.

Quote:
Members proposed take over Punta Avançada buoys
Undertake not to incur and assume maintenance while anchoring is free.
Members and mooring in Puerto Pollensa Balearic Government raised to a solution to the problem of payment moorings Punta Avançada. In this solution the users are offered to manage the buoys without compensation or incur the administration. The only requirement is that the mooring is free of charge.

The group recalls the demonstration occurred last June 30 while acknowledging that after it has fallen into a stalemate. Users take for loss this season but say they "do not spoil you for coming years."
users The proposal includes eleven points of agreement. Among them stands to be appropriate, by the Caib, to rescue the Balearic Center concession awarded to Applied Biology SL for monitoring, maintenance and collection of fees for mooring buoys in Punta Avançada.

Users, in collaboration with the neighborhood association and local governments undertake to install the buoys on June and withdrawing the September 30, to maintain and store them.

They themselves set limits for the proposal to be accepted by the administration, such funding does not allow for more than three days at the same mark. They undertake to provide suitable devices so that users can make complaints of irregularities and mooring association brought before the competent authorities.
Old 30-07-2013, 10:14
Super Moderator

....and this is from the UH Los navegantes se ofrecen a gestionar gratis las boyas de la Avançada » Part Forana » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca,Google translated.

Quote:
Boaters are offered free manage Avançada buoys.
Pollença Boaters ask the Ministry of the Environment of the Government of the Balearic Islands to rescue the concession awarded to the entity Cenro Applied Biology Balear SL for monitoring, maintenance and charging in the field of Punta Avançada buoys and that the award to the Association of Usuaris i Amarradors of Port de Pollença offered to manage floats free in collaboration with the Royal Yacht Club of Port de Pollença, Residents Association of Port de Pollença and different companies in the marine industry .
"Once revealed our disagreement with payment fund in the LIC in the Punta Avançada once publicly acknowledged a series of mistakes by the Regional Administration and, after a reasonable time without any contact or no response from the said Administration, to users and associations promoted the successful and peaceful demonstration on 30th June, we are in a stalemate situation which already lost take for this year in terms of power freely and peacefully enjoy our free time at sea, we do not allow in any way, a situation identical to the current, for the coming years ", said yesterday the president of sailors, Pollenca, José Luis Carsi.
"The funding should be free, nonprofit»
The Association d'Usuaris i Amarradors of Port de Pollença understands that "funding should be free in the area of Punta buoy field Avançada" so in the case of Government awarded the exploitation they undertake not receive any financial compensation in return.
The offer of the partnership concerns only the Punta Avançada but believes that "the rest of buoy fields also can be managed differently from the current." However explain that "we firmly believe that the users themselves in each area, if they think fit, which must manifest the Balearic Government how they should manage buoy fields affecting them."
Old 31-07-2013, 12:51

Thanks, Sparky time will tell how things work out, I say charge the boats that anchor just
off Pine Walk, looking at the web cam they would make a fortune today ?
Sparky likes this.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:19
Super Moderator

Another update from the DDM here :- El adjudicatario propone instalar 30 boyas en Punta Avançada para residentes - Diario de Mallorca.

Quote:
The Contractor proposes to install 30 buoys in Punta Avançada for residents.
On Tuesday a meeting between the representative of the entity awarded the buoys field Advanced Tip, Juan Francisco Mir, and President of the Association of Boatmen, José Luis Carsi. The meeting proposed the installation of buoys about thirty more for anchoring residents in the part closest to the coastline of Advanced Tip, within the limits of the restricted anchorage area. The price is about four euros per day and buoy and outlets are yet to be determined, but is expected to reach an agreement with the Council accepts to handle the sale of bonus-residents.

The position of the association held, ie absolute gratuity claimed in Advanced Tip funding being radically opposed to fund payment.
maintain also the need to protect the seagrass meadows wherever there, promoting a responsible and respectful funding with the marine environment.

Untitled by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr
Old 03-08-2013, 10:22

Presumably the owners of the vast villa on the headland (the old fort) own the waterside frontage - or is it the military, or even the local authority for access to the lighthouse.
Presumably this also means that although boats can 'anchor close in', the occupants of those boats cannot go ashore. Perhaps 'fil' or 'plackeyman' can confirm this, or otherwise. I ask purely out of interest.
Old 03-08-2013, 14:37

Hello Pescador2009,
There used to be a sign stating no going ashore as it was Private although in recent years the sign has disappeared and some people walk their dogs & climb over the little boat house
which is not good for people that just want to picnic,swim & snorkel there.Once again the few spoil it for the many or am I getting old and grumpy !!
pescador2009 likes this.
Old 03-08-2013, 20:19

the majority just anchor up and enjoy the lovely waters for swimming and snorkelling its very rare any body actually ventures ashore onto the rocks it is a very rocky water front.And the ownership of it has always been a mute point. This is a very safe haven for boater and a very short trip from the Port. Weekends are very busy with local family's all having there fishing boats tied together and enjoying family picnics. I was out there again on Thursday and thankfully no sign of any buoys or anybody requesting any payment
pescador2009 likes this.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:49

Thanks fil6699, I am out in PP end of September, looking forward to going over there to enjoy that unique spot as I have for many years with other boaters.Perhaps us Forum people should fly a special Forum flag !!!
fil6699 likes this.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by plackeyman View Post
Thanks fil6699, I am out in PP end of September, looking forward to going over there to enjoy that unique spot as I have for many years with other boaters.Perhaps us Forum people should fly a special Forum flag !!!

Perhaps a Union Flag with the top left hand quarter displaying Sparkys 'half full half empty' glass, on a white background? Perhaps with the letters www.puertopollensa.com in a semi circle below the glass....
fil6699 likes this.

Last edited by clinkham; 04-08-2013 at 11:26. Reason: Redesign of the ensign..
Old 04-08-2013, 11:38

am heading out there this afternoon will look for a suitable spot to plant the flag lol
Old 31-08-2013, 20:10

Update
Well August is all but over and the good news is the Bay has been the same as always no fines no fees no problems. I have been out and about almost every day and mooring has been the same as usual dropping anchor in the sand. lets hope this continues.
Sparky likes this.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:58

Smile

Thanks for the update fil, I am out end of September & looking forward to enjoying visiting my favorite anchoring spots. I always have anchored in the sand, in fact my light weight anchor holds better in sand.Happy boating to all !!
Old 13-11-2013, 10:39
Super Moderator

Oh dear!! I just read this in the UH and it looks like there are going to be more changes for boaters. El Gobierno ordenará la bahía de Pollença para reducir los fondeos ilegales » Part Forana » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca, translated by Google.

Quote:
The government will order the bay of Pollença to reduce illegal mooringsThe mayor traveled to Madrid yesterday to ask about solutions
The Secretary of State for the Environment, Federico Ramos de Armas, was yesterday willing to regulate excess moorings in the bay of Pollença with the growing lawlessness that detected the Consistory.
So, I said Mayor de Pollença, Tomeu Encrypt (PP), that after the meeting with Ramos and CEO of Costas, Pablo Saavedra, and which was also PP deputy Miquel Ramis. "We have asked that we ordered all this space and we provide possible solutions that are feasible, not only from the point of view of economic, but also in terms of environmental sustainability," explained Encrypt.
The mayor noted that uncontrolled moorings have occurred due to "the elimination of the moorings of the bathing area of ​​the first 100 meters, lack of moorings both ports Islands as at the Yacht Club. In a very small area of ​​few acres have grown to over 300 illegal moorings in the months of July and August and this implies a very high ambient pressure, "added the mayor. Encrypt said that once an order for the space to other government requested help to develop this management solutions involving sea on the coast.
"The Secretariat of State and the Directorate General of Coasts we have to say how many anchor points can be and where they should be, if there affect seafloor and if no need to put a few berths, which are managed sustainable way, "he added.
"In short, it tries to identify the use, frequency and boats. What can not be is that from anchoring in the bay in an uncontrolled manner without management. It is a technical work whose realization urges' Encrypt said, adding that "the suggested solutions could be regulated moorings publicly or privately, increase the number of pontoons through concessions, etc.."