Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports

Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports A favourite with visitors to Pollensa.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-2013, 11:54

Default Pollensa Cycling

Hi
Has anyone rented a bike from here recently?
My husband is a mad keen cyclist and I'm trying to get him to hire one rather than drag his with us.
Any advice appreciated
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 29-05-2013, 14:56

Can not praise them enough !! even if you drag your bike with you - they are excellent for tubes ,tyres and all things bike.
Old 29-05-2013, 18:15

I would say Pro Cycle Hire are the best in the port. Have been using them for 7 years now.

Cycle Hire in Mallorca
Old 29-05-2013, 19:10
Super Moderator

There are a number of cycle hire companies here :- Walking, Cycling in Mallorca - Majorca .
Old 30-05-2013, 08:44

Thankyou I have looked at those. I was after some personal recommendations from those who may have used them too. Pro cycling seems the most popular but both looked good. Any further advice would be great. Thanks.
Old 30-05-2013, 09:45

Used Pro cycle last week with the usual excellent service. However they don't now hire treking bikes (similar to MTB with 700 wheels) only road bikes with flat bars, so higher cost. They suggested the likes of Rent March if this is the type of bike you require. Rent March · Calle Juan XXIII, 89 · 07470 Pto. Pollença
Booble likes this.
Old 30-05-2013, 10:05

dont know if this will help or hinder but here goes

Scenario 1. pack up beloved bike in its own suitcase with lots of bubble wrapped and pipe lagging to keep it warm and safe during its journey and then wait with baited breath to glimpse its arrival at PMI --Its arrived phew !!

then reassemble it ,reinflate the tyres ,etc etc etc --- disposable gloves are always good at this time as specks of oil appear from no where and then try and store the cumbersome case without spending the holiday trying to work around it and stubbling ones toes.

Scenario 2 arrive refresh and relaxed at hire shop, depending on the company you use either receive excellent customer service and advice -be fitted for bike ,or not as the case may be ,complete the necessary paper work and the Island is your oyster.
Having cut down on excess baggage only needing to pack own saddle and pedals ..this is NOT necessary as bike do come full loaded !!but your saddle and pedals are like your bed ,other peoples - are just not the same - I am told.

Plus helmet ,repair kit ,water bottles ,small pump , spare tube ,lock with keys if applicable and just in make sure you both have a key ! just in case:Plus shoes !!! and if you forget any thing be sure that there are many places where you can get forgot bits of kit ie arm,leg warmers ,overshoes ,racing capes and all the other gubbins .

I have mentioned the repair kit ,pump etc as NOT all companys offer this in their package ie you pay for what you get and some hold back a small sum for cleaning of the bike unless you fettle it before it is returned.

So basically email around get an idea of costs and whats included or not ie hire, insurance and excess if applicable and weigh this up against airline costs ,extra transfer costs (if on a package hol the tour op will charge extra for transfer of bike case to and from resort )

I have no connection to any of the companies mentioned or who may or may not advertise on this forum or are based at hotels BUT am biased to one company on the basis of past experience.
Sparky and Booble like this.
Old 30-05-2013, 10:09
Super Moderator

Very useful info Tiggy, thanks for posting .
Old 30-05-2013, 11:27

Thanks Jodave - he has road bikes so i imagine that's what he'll be after anyway. He's looking into it
Old 30-05-2013, 11:30

Thanks Tiggy- lots of useful info there. You would get on with my husband tremendously- i just get a glazed look when he starts on about bike stuff
I'll pass all this onto him.
He bikes around 200 miles a week at home so will get some kind of withdrawals if he can't do it for 2 weeks. The idea of us having to manage all the luggage, a hire care, our little one and his bike fills me dread so if he can just get one there, that doesn't cost the earth that all his bike stuff seems to then i will be happy
Thanks again!
Old 13-10-2013, 18:31

Just got back from our week in PP and saw a lot of people riding Cubes (the bikes not the Rubik things ) Not sure where they hired these from but next year I may fancy a spin around the place on a decent road bike so may look into it
Old 13-10-2013, 19:08

Cubes are from Max Hürzeler rental stations
Old 13-10-2013, 20:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
Cubes are from Max Hürzeler rental stations
Great - thanks
Old 14-10-2013, 09:46

Hi Pepperoni Man. Just saw your query and thought I'd add another hire shop for you to consider. I’ve been hiring top end bikes from Bruce at his Pro Cycle Hire shop in PP for the last 9 years. Personally, I cannot fault them. The hire shop is by far the most professionally run in the PP area – run by guys who are themselves cyclists and are well aware of the needs of the holidaying public wishing to hire a top-end road bike (or mountain bike) rather than your ordinary, everyday ‘push bike’. Take a look at their website. ( Pro Cycle Hire :: Bike Hire Mallorca - The original and still the best professional cycle hire service for Mallorca! ). Choose your bike, send them your measurements beforehand, pick up the bike, and away you go!
Old 14-10-2013, 10:17
Super Moderator

There are a few cycle hire companies, here is the link to them Walking, Cycling in Mallorca - Majorca .
pollensa likes this.

Last edited by pollensa; 14-10-2013 at 13:11. Reason: link updated :)