Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Using the Pollensa Forum

Using the Pollensa Forum Please use this Forum to discuss using the forum ONLY.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 17:15

No problems Susie..... Sparky's reason for deleting half my post made it look as if I had said something Awful if only she had left it blank, I probably wouldn't have even noticed.

Last edited by favie; 12-05-2011 at 20:40.
Sponsored Links
Old 13-05-2011, 08:51
Under Moderation

With reference to keeping things on topic can I also ask why people are posting the same questions time and time again. Why not look through old posts before repeating the same old boring stuff? Like being on a roundabout!
Old 13-05-2011, 13:15

I have debated whether to post this or not but have decided that i need to say it but do not really want to start it all up again.

I have to say that I am disappointed that this debate has started once again.
As a longterm reader of this forum, I know the rules as requested by Pollensa as I am sure most others do. I think that we should respect Pollensas wishes & keep posts on track. My family & friends holidays have been much enhanced by the tips & info gleaned from this site over the years, from booking accommodation to the price of sun beds. And this forum has cheered me up in the depths of winter with talk of lovely restaurants & whats happening in the Port. And I love the reviews & tales of being in the Port.It would be a awful if this information was not available for new & existing members.
It is a shame that people get carried away with posts that would be best suited to private messages, but should accept that when this happens they are reminded of the rules & not go off in a sulk.This has happened so many times that these long term members should really know better!
I would like to thank Pollensa & the other mods for their hard work, it must be difficult sometimes.It is a great site & i would be lost without it.
Old 13-05-2011, 13:50

Totally agree 100% with all you say Cheryl. Like you, I have also debated on whether to post on this topic or not, firstly because it has all been said before and secondly because although I knew exactly what I wanted to say I was unsure how best to say it. As susiejb said previously, it can sometimes, for whatever reason, take courage to post. You have summed up my thoughts perfectly and I want to add my thanks to the mods for all their hard work in making and keeping this forum the great site that it is.
Old 13-05-2011, 14:05

Strange how we all have different ideas 100% agreeing with one and 100% with others......I think this could turn into another "Bony's Thread" if we are not too careful and should be left alone now.
Can I just say in defense of any "old time members" no-one actually "sulked off"....it was decided it wasn't where they wanted to contribute to anymore..their choice, simple as that but as I have said before, will be missed .
Of course, the PP Forum is full of wonderful information....goes without saying!!
Old 13-05-2011, 15:09

Default Come back Bonyslad

Hi all, I don't consider myself an 'oldtimer' although I've been a member for years. I only post 'on topic' which is all I'm personnally interested in, however, I'm regularly cheered up by Bonyslad's humour. My other half often asks me why I'm babbling to 'meself' when on the website. I personally cannot take any umbridge for the quite short straying off topic the he and others make. I think it shows the community has heart.It's really a good humoured and informative site. I've now even disciplined myself into using the 'commercial links' for things such as Car Hire Insurance. Come back Bonyslad
Old 13-05-2011, 15:42

Bonyslad..... are you there!!! I'm shocked, missed the forum for a day and a half and you've apparently gone!!!! Many, many people obviously enjoy your posts and your sense of humour..... funny posts are not easy to do, or always get away with.
I have always been a rugby man all my days - played, reffed, coached, etc., etc. I've always thought it good to play hard then buy the opposition a pint and have a good chat afterwards. In my opinion that's what you do. You do play hard (in a soft sort of way!). You do keep us amused. You (seemingly) upset some people. You are also very, very informative about P.P. We like your knowledge about the place.
So EEHHH!!! Off you rear quarter and get back on here, buy that pint and keep chatting.
Sure you'll be excused by the masses..... just this once though!
Old 13-05-2011, 15:51
Under Moderation

All this thanking is over the top in my opinion. The forum is only as good as it's members and if they stopped posting then that would be that! Therefor any thanks should be directed to the members who post! Also I don't think anyone has SULKED OFF! I just think that some have decided not to post. Perhaps being treated with disrespect has caused them to move on! A loss in my opinion.
Old 13-05-2011, 16:24

With rexpect Kym, if you look back no one was treated with disrespect, the rules were made clear, again, and some people have decided not to post, their choice

On island time!!
Old 13-05-2011, 16:28

It may be just as simple as Bonsylad is pre occupied. One of his friends has been admitted to hospital for emergency surgery and he has been taxiing the wife to Palma. If I see him I will tell him he is missed.
Old 13-05-2011, 16:34

Just wanted to share my thoughts . I do not subscribe to any social network sites face book etc have no time for them. But I do enjoy everything about PP.com including the harmless and amusing banter. I feel it adds to the sense of community and in no way distracts from the often invaluable information that this site offers.
PP is very close to my heart having spent over 20 years visiting and being lucky enough to own a beautiful home there now for the last 5 years . I honestly believe that this site offers 2 things information and also a camaraderie and a sense of family for the people who both visit and live in PP. Please don't change things I enjoy my daily read when I am on my travels and I am sure the light hearted banter just lets people know what a friendly community PP has and what a great place it is to visit. The light hearted banter in my opinion encourages people to read and post on the site which breaths life into the site.
Old 13-05-2011, 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
It may be just as simple as Bonsylad is pre occupied. One of his friends has been admitted to hospital for emergency surgery and he has been taxiing the wife to Palma. If I see him I will tell him he is missed.
Please do lollipop and hope his friend makes a swift recovery as well

On island time!!
Old 13-05-2011, 17:37
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
Just wanted to share my thoughts . I do not subscribe to any social network sites face book etc have no time for them. But I do enjoy everything about PP.com including the harmless and amusing banter. I feel it adds to the sense of community and in no way distracts from the often invaluable information that this site offers.
PP is very close to my heart having spent over 20 years visiting and being lucky enough to own a beautiful home there now for the last 5 years . I honestly believe that this site offers 2 things information and also a camaraderie and a sense of family for the people who both visit and live in PP. Please don't change things I enjoy my daily read when I am on my travels and I am sure the light hearted banter just lets people know what a friendly community PP has and what a great place it is to visit. The light hearted banter in my opinion encourages people to read and post on the site which breaths life into the site.
Thank you for your comment. And thank you to those further up who thanked the moderators. There has NEVER been any suggestion that there should not be any light-hearted comments or banter on the forum - if you look back to my post above http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...html#post58297, ALL that had happened was that the odd thread went way off topic with more posts off-topic than ones relating to the original thread, a request was made to keep things on track which was ignored so we deleted a couple of posts and a few other posts were moved to new threads to make things clearer for people to find the information they were looking for. We made a request to ask members to try & stay on topic and to be aware that we may need to move posts about if necessary. Nothing has changed. The forum has always been run in this way. So please keep posting!
Old 13-05-2011, 19:19

As a newbie I think the forum contains great information and I enjoy the banter, but do think we should now draw a line under this, imo!
Old 13-05-2011, 19:50
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalou View Post
As a newbie I think the forum contains great information and I enjoy the banter, but do think we should now draw a line under this, imo!
I think so too.
Closed Thread