Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Using the Pollensa Forum

Using the Pollensa Forum Please use this Forum to discuss using the forum ONLY.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2008, 21:13

Default Help!!!!!!

Hi everyone - just this very minute 'joined up' after thinking about it for 'years!' Thing is, I'm not very good with this computer stuff and am very confused about the 'new' Pollensa forum. What does this mean to someone like me? What's different about it? Do I have to re-join (oh 'eck!)? And can someone tell me how to get a 'pretty picture' to go with my postings (cos now I've got the courage to join up to this site and talk to loadsa folks about PP, there'll be no stopping me!!! Thanks very much.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2008, 23:55

Welcome to PP forum
Old 11-03-2008, 09:13
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy-B View Post
Hi everyone - just this very minute 'joined up' after thinking about it for 'years!' Thing is, I'm not very good with this computer stuff and am very confused about the 'new' Pollensa forum. What does this mean to someone like me? What's different about it? Do I have to re-join (oh 'eck!)?
Welcome to the forum Jazzy-B. By the 'new' forum, we mean that we moved it from ezboard who used to host it. Apart from that it's much the same as before. If you have posted here then you don't have to re-join, as you must have already signed up here. Re-joining is needed for members of the 'old' forum, which I assume you weren't!

Quote:
And can someone tell me how to get a 'pretty picture' to go with my postings
The 'pretty picture' is called an Avatar. To add this click on 'User CP' (listed above) & then Edit Avatar. You can then upload an image from your PC.

Hope that helps & explains things a little,

webmaster
Old 11-03-2008, 18:12

Default Help!!!

Thanks Snowy and Pollensa for your welcome. Pollensa, I'm almost ashamed - - to say, but I don't know how to download a pic from my computer. Are there any 'stored' pics on this site I can click on and use? Thanks in anticipation ...

Jazzy-B
Old 11-03-2008, 18:20

Hi Jazzy - welcome to the Forum. Could search google images for any picture you like and then right click and "save picture as" it will then store it on your PC - usually in my documents.

Think the picture needs to be of a limited size to use though. Why not search for online help or windows help on your PC. We all have to learn somewhere - you are not alone!

Hope helpful,

Lala
Old 11-03-2008, 23:27
Founder

Please be careful if you are looking for images online as you must have copyright to any image that you use here. There's often plenty of clipart with your word processor software or your own photos.

However there's no need to have an avatar & I'm afraid it's quite difficult to explain how to find one & then upload it if you have limited computer experience.

Perhaps you could find a helpful child to help you! No offence but kids are whizzes on computers & fearless!
Old 12-03-2008, 16:18

Red face missistee

Hey, you should worry! I've just registered myself to join this forum and I can't find a way in to start asking questions about Pollensa - any clues??
Old 12-03-2008, 16:27

Default Help!

Thanks Lala and Pollensa - take your point! No. 1 Son is web designer, but I don't even understand the language when he tries to talk me through things. Have to go through my many 1000's of photos and do a bit of grovelling next time I see him!

Jazzy
Old 12-03-2008, 17:52
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by missistee View Post
Hey, you should worry! I've just registered myself to join this forum and I can't find a way in to start asking questions about Pollensa - any clues??
Welcome to the forum missistee!

If you would like to ak a question, first of all please 'search' the form (listed above) & see if there are already questions & answers on what you are interested in.

If there aren't, do go to the 'home' page of the forums at http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com & look for the one that is most appropriate e,g. accommodation, car hire etc. If you have several questions, do ask a separate question in each of the relevant forums.

To do this click on the title of the forum. You will see the current 'threads' (topics) listed. To start a new thread, just click on the 'New Thread' button at the top & fill in your question. You managed to post in here, so I'm sure it will be fine.

In case you hadn't realised, the pages listed down the left-hand side are pages from our main information website http://www.puertopollensa.com - here you can see hotel listings etc. & book holidays, flights, car hire & enquire about private rentals.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-03-2008, 17:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by missistee View Post
What sort of questions do you need answering? The forum is split into different sections:

Accommodation
Eating Out
Car Hire etc, etc

Just have a read of the different sections and decide where your question best fits.

Jane