Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Travel Companies

Travel Companies Discussions related to experiences with specific travel companies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-08-2010, 21:54

Default Villarenters

Hello. My husband and I have visited PP many times with our kids and rented several properties advertised through this site. In the past we have always sent payment directly to the owner. We are interested in renting a property next summer which is advertised on this site but the owner has advised that they manage their bookings and payment through Villa renters. I have never heard of this company previously and I am slightly sceptical about paying a third party as it's obviously a fairly substantial sum of money. Does anyone have any knowledge of this company and any idea how safe this is? Am worried that they could go bust and my money might not have been passed to the owner??? Am I worrying unnecessarily???? Any info/advice would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-08-2010, 22:23

Hi GC

I have never used this company yet, but I do have them on my "favourites" list.I have added the link to their website.....have a look and read all about them, maybe someone who has used them will reply later.

Private villas and holiday rentals Puerto Pollensa. Rental property, villas in Puerto Pollensa for rent.
Old 16-08-2010, 07:52

It does seem rather strange that someone has gone to the trouble of paying to advertise their property privately - get response and then pass on that response to a third party who they then pay commission too?? - Everyone to their own thing, of course! Anyway - I have heard of the company and i'm sure you will receive many replies from those who have indeed used them.
There can be no guarantee with any company so i suppose the obvious needs to be in mind. Not that i'm suggesting for one moment that this company are in trouble as i have no idea. I suppose if you pay by credit card or have insurance you will be ok and also I suppose if the company have the recognised body as backing.
I do know of a company a few years ago which ceased trading due to a death of the owner and it caused holiday makers and property owners many problems, with holidays no longer happening and property owners not being paid.