Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Travel Companies

Travel Companies Discussions related to experiences with specific travel companies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-2010, 22:13

Exclamation WARNING - puertopollensa4all.com

Anybody used this company to book a accommodation in PP?

Been coming to PP for past 16 years. This company seem to offer reasonable prices on accommodation and (given the current climate unbelievable prices on car hire (£190 for three weeks for a Fiesta in August!?!). Company registered at Companies House in Feb. 2010 and have an address in Coventry but on the basis that "if it seems too good to be true it probably is" I'm just wondering if they're "kosher".

Some of their properties appear in Pollensa Pines and Bellamar brochures but others are'nt named and are'nt obviously identifiable (We know most rental properties in PP after all these years). Would be grateful for any feed-back.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Old 28-03-2010, 22:59
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by super7 View Post
Anybody used this company to book a accommodation in PP?

Been coming to PP for past 16 years. This company seem to offer reasonable prices on accommodation and (given the current climate unbelievable prices on car hire (£190 for three weeks for a Fiesta in August!?!). Company registered at Companies House in Feb. 2010 and have an address in Coventry but on the basis that "if it seems too good to be true it probably is" I'm just wondering if they're "kosher".

Some of their properties appear in Pollensa Pines and Bellamar brochures but others are'nt named and are'nt obviously identifiable (We know most rental properties in PP after all these years). Would be grateful for any feed-back.

Cheers
This is the first I've come across them & looking at their general page on PP, they are yet another site who has plagiarised our front page! I'll be in contact with them over that.

Their domain name is registered to:

Jeanette Helmchen
Sunny Holidays Ltd.
Glockenblumenweg 131a
Berlin, 12357, DE

registered on 26/02/10 & the site is hosted in Germany.

Can anyone offer any feedback on using them?
Old 29-03-2010, 00:10

Prices do appear to be too good to be true for the accomodation and the car hire ............... I have also seen both of the photographs of PP before but can't quite remember where

One example is a 3 bed property at £1350 for a week in July / Aug with a 10% reduction for full payment on booking ................ similar properties in same block are advertised direct by their owners on this site for between £1700 and 2400 euros ................. that coupled with the very cheap car hire just doesn't feel right to me

I would be very careful until proven to be ok

But I guess some people will get great value deals if it is all above board
Old 29-03-2010, 06:34

Hi

I live in Coventry and im in the area of the office address today i will check this out as i think if i have the right office block its totally empty.

I will let you know later.

Gordon
Old 29-03-2010, 10:25

Having just looked at this website they appear to have removed all the villas from it... very mysterious. They are still advertising apartments though and their unbelievably cheap car hire. Don't like the sound of any company which can 'only answer their phones for a few hours every day'... Personally I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
Old 29-03-2010, 11:37
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1 View Post
Hi

I live in Coventry and im in the area of the office address today i will check this out as i think if i have the right office block its totally empty.

I will let you know later.

Gordon
I think the registered address is probably genuine as it used by a company formation company simpleformations.com. The company 'Happy Holidays' is registered to a German based in Palma who also has mallorca4all.com! Unless we hear of an 'owner' whose property is being mis-advertised we cannot be sure although it does look very suspicious.
Old 29-03-2010, 12:18

Red face

Thanks for the feedback. Be interesting to see what Gordon has to say, although Google Street View didn't throw up any clues really.

Received this email back to my questions.

"We are interested in the 2 Bed Apt PPA 5. Could you let us know the exact location within Puerto Pollensa and/or the name of the block?
I can mail you a google map with the location tomorrow afternoon.

Also could you give us a price for car hire for the period of our stay(3 Weeks) (5 dr Fiesta sized vehicle) and the name of the car-hire companies you may use.
I can make you an offer for this car type of 190 GBP for 3 weeks. We are using a car broker company.

We are likely to want to pay by credit card as this seems the easiest way, will this still involve PayPal?
Yes
Finally you say we can qualify for 8% discount, will this require us to pay the full amount up-front?
Yes

Also would the three week booking entitle us to a further discount?
This can be discussed depending on your payment option and method. Just make us a suggestion per e-mail.

Regards
Peter Knoll"

Some of the accommodation can be identified (The Bonanca apartments, Urano down near Singala) but much of it cannot. My current thinking is that the accommodation is near enough price wise to be almost believable but the car hire at 25% of the lowest price currently being quoted is not. I've got visions of turning up to the Record desk with my "voucher" only to be laughed at .

I'l keep you posted on the Google map
Old 29-03-2010, 13:19
Founder

Re the advert for PPA5 - look at the photos & you will see 2 different living rooms. I think I have identified some of the properties from the descriptions but the photos don't always tie-up. At least one of them also advertises with us so I've contacted the owner to see if they knowingly advertised on this site.
Old 29-03-2010, 14:50

None of the photos seem to tie up to be honest Pollensa. Views of balconys overlooking the bay are then mated with living rooms looking out onto different balconys with trees surrounding them. There's also one very square looking block of apartments that have a bathroom and bedroom with sloping ceilings

The address in Germany looks residential on Google Earth and has a marker on it "Business Communication Network UG"

It'll be interesting to see what your contact has to say.
Old 29-03-2010, 15:49

Been down to this office block today and there are about 4 companies in this block however there is not one that relates to this company but it could be within in company.

There is nothing that say The Meridan. To me if it sounds to good then it may well be and to get the cheap car hire you have to pay up front!!!!

Hope that helps

Gordon
Old 29-03-2010, 16:36

Cheers Gordon

Actually if you Google the address there's loads of companies registered with the same address (and I mean loads).

Cheap it might be but I don't think I need the stress. Booked with a private individual and I know where they live ;-)

Still interested in what Pollensa comes up with though.

Last edited by super7; 29-03-2010 at 16:37. Reason: spell
Old 29-03-2010, 18:14

Super7 - I think you have done exactly the right thing! By booking with a private individual you can speak to them 1-1 and get to know the ins and outs of the property and area and build a good relationship.

To have booked with this company probably would have caused you much worry between now and your visit. If you look at the comments on this site re car rental and the prices you will realise that to get something as cheap as quoted is just not a runner - literally!!
I think you may have found yourself without a car and without somewhere to stay and perhaps without your money had you taken the chance.
Old 30-03-2010, 12:02
Founder

I have now managed to contact the owner of the apartment that I could identify & she is adament that she does not advertise on this website & is very concerned that it is being offered at such low rates. This sounds rather simlar to last year's scam site where we know that people lost money - see http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...liday-com.html
Old 31-03-2010, 07:31

Just another point having looked at this site is they offer payment by card but if you look at the mastercard logo at the top its the correct one but further down it is in black and having looked at mastercard logos it is with a white background it would appear that the logo has been copied from a website.

Gordon
Old 31-03-2010, 08:29

Just done a google search on them, came up with 7 hits, you do one for this site you get 170,000, I think that says everything, also 1 of the 7 sites was this one, a domain name listing site in the US.....

New Registrations on RZONE.DE for 02/28/201028 Feb 2010 ... puertopollensa4all.com rabatt-apps.com radio-sundream.com rail-solution.com rampensau.info realmofnz.org reforval.com rejektpresse.org ...
www.nsspy.org/archive/rzone.de/2010-02-28/1.html - United States - Cached

On island time!!