Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 06:36

Default Eating Out Late December & New Year

We arrived in PP on 27th December. Compared to the usual holiday season most eateries were closed. We ended up eating in cafes most days as choice was limited but still enough places were open to give a choice.

Cafe 1919 at the roundabout at C/Joan was open and whilst we haven't used this place much in the past we found ourselves in it most days at some point. Usually after the beach to get my three year son a 'Clown' ice cream. I worked my way through most of the various coffees and always found the service excellent and the coffees & ice creams good.

We ate in Cafe L'illa in Pollensa twice during our stay. I had pa am oli queso on both occasions - simple but very nice. My husband and son had toasted sandwiches - not very adventurous but the full menu was not available.

We had dinner at La Piazza in the Square one evening - the first time we had eaten here. It was fine. We shared the piazza starter - mushrooms, courgettes, cauliflower & broccoli in breadcrumbs with a garlic dip and a tomato dip. It was lovely. I had macaroni with vegetables in a pesto sauce for the main course which was very nice. My husband & son had pizza which were ok. My son had ice cream for pudding which met with the usual approval.

One of our finds on this holiday was a place called Suttons which is just past the roundabout at C/Joan heading towards Alcudia. From the name we expected the place to be English. However, it appeared to be Spanish. They only had a menu of the day which was two courses and looked excellent but we only wanted a light lunch. When we explained this the manager said that he would do baguettes, homemade burgers etc. My husband and I settled on baguettes which were lovely - very fresh and good tasty ingredients. I asked for a burger for my son. It was homemade and looked lovely. When my husband got my son to look away he confirmed that it tasted really good! The place was frequented by a lot of locals who all seemed to choose the menu of the day.

La Font de Gall in Pollensa was open over the Christmas period and the menu looked great as usual. We didn't get to eat there however as it only opened in the evening and my son's ability to stay up late isn't great.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2008, 17:12

Thanks for the review, sharon!

We liked Suttons as well when we went in last summer. They made me a delicious Campari and lemonade! It was very refreshing as that evening was very, very hot!

Jane