Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 04:38
mark1875

Default Mussels in PP

Carrying on the food thread, I was telling my lads about our successes on the birthday cake, bikes and pescaditos fronts when the youngest pipes up he prefers mussels to pescaditos. Mejillones ala Marinera, where do you think sells the best vesrions in PP?

Me, well I have to say the best sized portion and nicest taste was at the family owned restaurant who's name I always forget in Caller San Pere (the wee alley way off the main roundabout on the seafront) ran by the family who are on the short size, but very friendly?

You can tell I am a) Hungry and b) needing a holiday

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2008, 06:38
abbotsworld

Hi Mark - I think you are referring to the Ca'an Ferrer or "the Ferret" as I prefer to call it.How do they do those Mussels for just over 6 euros a portion - best value dish in the port in my opinion. Me and my better half like to get a portion as a starter between us .All the juice must be mopped up with the bread - its the law !!! ENJOY !!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:03

Mussels as part of a light lunch at Stay!!!! Not the cheapest in the Port, but when you add the view, service and setting into the equation, it can't be bettered.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:55
Alcanada

Ca'n Ferrar it is. Known in my circle of friends and family as "Danny's" due to the passing resemblance of the head man to the actor Danny DeVito. Every dish there is amazing value including the mussels. But take on the sangria at your peril
Old 08-02-2008, 09:08
mark1875

C'an Ferrar it is! When we were younger, my brothers and I used to call the two eateries, Ronnie Corbettos, again because we thought the father and son (s?) looked a bit like Ronnie Corbett!

Great value food though!
Old 08-02-2008, 18:51

Just to throw a spanner in the works - I am sure that my husband really likes them at Bona Cepa.
Old 08-02-2008, 18:58

And I had some delicious ones at Ca N'Olesa in Pollensa old town!

Jane
Old 08-02-2008, 20:04
Alcanada

I like Ca N'Olesa and its neighbour Giardino. But I don't think I've ever had the mussels at Olesa. In PP Tango used to do a good bowl of mussels but I gather that the restaurant is a pile of rubble right now, athough may be reopening this summer at Can Pepe?

Cocoa - I've been meaning to try Bona Cepa for years. I'm going out to PP on Sunday for a few days. If its open I'll give the mussels a try and report back!
Old 08-02-2008, 21:23

I had them (the mussels) in a tomato and onion sauce and they were delicious. This was back in 2005 though so not sure if they're still on the menu. Delicious!

Jane
Old 08-02-2008, 22:57

Best mussels I had were in Tolo's a few years ago - the New Zealand green lipped variety with a tomato / onion sauce.

However, I also had an excellent bowl at one of the other restaurants on the front - can't remember the name - but be warned - they were flavoured with chillies. I thought it was just rather tangy, but my wife tried one and got half a chilli with it and nearly exploded!

allanglens
Old 08-02-2008, 23:08
irisheyes

i had them in the torre playa i think (restaurant after the bridge where you find the kids fishing). from memory, they came in their shells, rather large ones at that, the mussell meat had been minced/mashed and they were topped with breadcrumbs, very very tasty, followed by shoulder of lamb in rosemary and honey glaze, etiquette went out the window and the bone was promptly lifted and stripped of what was left. all this talk of food is driving me crazy, im still tryin to loose the stone i gained last year in the port, just in preparation for the one i will gain this year, roll on the 30th june.

gary
Old 09-02-2008, 00:40
Hamcas

Best mussels to be had at La Goleta on the sea front in PP.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:30
smiddy

Default Best mussels?

El Posito! Unforunately Toni's mum(who made them) has now retired, but she does pop in now and again to keep her hand in. A starter/soup/main course all in one big bowl
Old 09-02-2008, 17:18
mark1875

Default Re: Best mussels?

You know I have eaten in El Posito probably 10 times now and don't remember the mussels at all. There ye go eh?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:33
smiddy

Default Mussels

Mark, You'll have to speak nicely to Tony and he may bring in his mum. The chef they have at the moment is top notch, but concentrates more on other dishes. Lunch time would be a good bet for mussels as his mum helps then, sometimes.