Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2008, 12:11

Question Super CDW/Excess Waiver

Hi, does anyone out there know how much Goldcar/Europa charge at the airport on collection of a car for Super CDW/full excess waiver? I've used them before but booked through Villaparade who had some sort of deal. this time I'm going it alone, but can't get any answer from their website or any answer from them on e-mail. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-04-2008, 13:30

We use goldcar all the time dont know about super cdw? but cdw and excess waiver are included in the price, on occassion we have received a damaged car, when reported to golddcar (we don't want the blame!) they tell you not to worry as you are covered by insurance?! they don't appear to be too bothered the only extra they offer you is for the wheels.
Old 20-04-2008, 13:37

We also use Goldcar and the only extra insurance we pay is 15 Euro for wheels and tyres. Last year someone bumped our car in a car park, I reported it to the Goldstar office when we arrived back at the airport, they simply said that's ok and did not even look at the car.

PP76
Old 23-04-2008, 20:23

Default Goldcar and Auriga Crown

Just got back from PP today after a week's hire with Goldcar and I can confirm a 17 Euro charge for insurance for wheels/tyres, otherwise no excess and a relaxed attitude to damage. We've used them for years and they are a really good firm.

However.....for some reason we seem to have picked up a booking for two weeks in June with Auriga Crown, who are off-site and that worries me somewhat. We did see them busing people about this morning, and it seemed pretty efficient, but does anyone have any experience of them, please?

It's bad enough queuing for over an hour in the terminal without the same queues + busing!
Old 23-04-2008, 22:43

Auriga Crown are a nightmare, maybe cheap but when you arrive at the off site depot there are hardly any staff and a long slow que...

Staff did not care, staff arguing with each other ( in spanish, but was obviously very heated )

minibus driver talking on his mobile phone while driving.

When you return the car you have you wait in the same que as new arrivals that are waiting to collect cars, just to return the keys and have the car checked....

We only just made it back to the airport in time, plane was boarding by the time we got through check in and security.

Ruined the first day and last day of our holiday.

there is a thread about it here:

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...n+auriga+crown

I would contact whoever you booked with and ask to be changed to an on site hire company or cancel.

We now use http://www.autosroig.com/ everytime, not cheap but are high quality cars and service with no que or stress at all as a very happy laid back spanish man meets you with the keys and paperwork and the cars are in the car park at the airport.

( You do need a few euros to get the car out of the car park , as it is in the public multi storey side of the car park, only maybe 2 or 3 euros for the ticket I think)

Mark.