Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

Like Tree291Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2017, 17:21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
They said it was heading off to Alcudia, whether for storage or to be used there they didn't say.
I think someone said that was meant as a joke.
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 02-02-2017, 18:32

Bearing in mind the huge crowded queue that used to gather and mill around the hut in August I wonder how much the restaurants either side of the ice cream parlour will like having their customers crowded out as they queue to get in the shop?

Car77
debz1 likes this.
Old 02-02-2017, 19:55

I find all of this a bit confusing.

Have the results of the tender ever been published or are they still awaited?

I understood the council had put the rights to space up for competitive tender, but I have never heard the result.

When the hut closed at the end of the season, the comment placed on Valls' FB page said that they were awaiting the outcome.

The hut belongs to them, so I guess has been dismantled rather than demolished with the intention of being reused.

My question is, if Valls win the tender, will it be relocated in a position similar to its previous location - Potentially giving a win-win for Café 1919 and Valls.
Old 02-02-2017, 20:43
Super Moderator

Quote:
The hamburger stand and the Gelats Valls kiosk in Puerto Pollensa are no more. A crane removed the kiosk this morning and took it to a plot in Llenaire where it will remain while a judge decides if it is the property of the Valls family or the town hall's.

Despite what it said previously, the town hall has finally decided not to issue a tender for the kiosk for the coming season. A statement notes that this has been ruled out as there was no guarantee that the concession would be for a local business, as has been the case until now, and nor could there be a guarantee that it would be for the sale of home-made ice-cream. It is legally impossible to stipulate such conditions.

There are differing opinions locally about developments. Nostalgic ones maintain that the Valls kiosk has been part of the landscape of Puerto Pollensa for decades. Others say that it has been necessary to regularise the situation with the kiosk, as it had never gone out to public tender and is a profitable business.

It was the complaint of the owners of the cafe next to the kiosk which raised the whole issue of the irregular nature of the kiosk. The Valls family has argued that it has a concession and will fight the case in court in order to recover the kiosk. Mayor Miquel Ángel March today made clear that there is no plan to authorise an expansion of the cafe's terrace and to so occupy part of the space left by the kiosk.-------------------------
The full story is here :- http://majorcadailybulletin.com/news...ensa-more.html
lollipop and Tangoman like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 02-02-2017 at 20:58.
Old 02-02-2017, 21:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Oh I do hope so, always a battle when one wants to get a table at the busy and popular cafe 1919!
Seriously though, it certainly opens up that corner and it's not as if the ice cream parlour doesn't have another premises only yards away. Maybe a tradition gone, which I do agree is sad, but who of us really knows the legalities of it all? Some are very quick to prejudge without really knowing.
Just my opinion folks....
That must be the first thing you've ever posted I agree with nick.
Old 16-02-2017, 09:06

Investigation of Pollensa mayors over Gelats Valls affair » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin

Quote:
The Gelats Valls ice-cream kiosk in Puerto Pollensa may have been removed, but the legal consequences of the affair look set to drag on. An Inca judge has opened proceedings which seek to clarify if there is substance to a charge of malfeasance.

This is specifically to do with the complaint registered last July by Café Capuchino 1919 against the current mayor, Miquel Angel March, the former mayor, Tomeu Cifre Ochogovia, and members of the town hall's board of government ...

Essentially, what happened at the May 2015 meeting, when Cifre was still mayor, was that there was an extraordinary authorisation to use the kiosk that was not to be extended beyond the 2015 season. ...

see full article on the MDB-website
Old 10-05-2017, 09:08

https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...r-dropped.html

Quote:
The legal action against Pollensa's mayor, Miquel Àngel March, which claimed malfeasance related to the Gelats Valls ice-cream kiosk in Puerto Pollensa, has been dropped.

It was alleged by the complainants, on behalf of the café next to the kiosk, that the town hall had favoured the Valls business. ...
See full article on the MDB website
Closed Thread