Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   Collage of wooden doors of Mallorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/10542-collage-wooden-doors-mallorca.html)

MissLittleDeer 19-08-2013 15:17

Collage of wooden doors of Mallorca

I have asked this question before, without much luck unfortunately, but wondered if anyone knows where I can get a poster/print of the above? The duty free shop in Palma had a framed one on their wall. The caption was simply 'Mallorca Doors' and the small print on the bottom was 'Gustav Brauer 1999 European Images'. A neighbour, who has since moved away had the same poster on her wall. I have searched the Internet timelessly, but no luck there! I am thinking it has gone out of print now. Would love to know if any of you die hard forum members can help?! Thanks so much.

Belladonna 19-08-2013 16:21

Hi Miss! I know exactly the one you are talking about and I too have searched for it with no success! It was really popular about 10 years ago and you could find it everywhere - Palma was the best place to get it. I think you are right about it now being out of print, and it is no where to be found, even on poster sites! Lovely ones with doors from Italy, Ireland and San Francisco, but not quite the same are they?!! The last time I saw it was in Lluc Monastery about 5 years ago, but it wasnt there this year. I'm sure that if anyone sees it now anywhere they will let you know! ;)

pescador2009 19-08-2013 16:29

Unfortunately I can't answer your direct query, but might have a idea for you.
I also really like the vast array of door designs to be found on all sorts of buildings in Mallorca, from those on dwellings to those on large buildings like the churches and monasteries, as well as gateways to some of the many large villas and estates.
There are some wonderful 'pine' doors both ancient and modern, I have taken photo's of several in 'old' Pollensa on my hol's. The grain of the pine is most striking.
Perhaps you could take lots of shots of doors you admire in Mallorca and try to form your own collage / poster of the ones you like the most. I am sure a good photographers shop or a 'computer buff' would help you to format a poster if necessary. A bit like doing a calendar of your favourite photo's. Good luck in finding the poster you mentioned.

MissLittleDeer 21-08-2013 13:33

Thanks for your reply Belladonna. Maybe now we have highlighted how much we like that poster, someone may just see it lurking around somewhere and let us know! I am no photographer, Pescador, but it sounds like you are! Maybe we can rely on you to produce a new one?! Watch this space? Thanks again. :)

sws97sdg 23-05-2014 16:22

There is a picture of lovely old doors in TOTN this issue, is this the poster in question?

Belladonna 24-05-2014 16:19

Sadly not, but well spotted! ;)

Sparky 27-05-2014 09:08

This question was asked last August so maybe MissLittleDear managed to get a copy but if not i wonder if it might be worth having a search on EBay ;).