Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 23:38

Default Golf - deals/discounts?

Hi
Hope this is in the correct area of the forum.

We're coming out toward the end of September 2011- anyone have any contacts/links which would make getting a couple of rounds of golf a little more reasonable than the prices quoted on the clubs websites.
Realistacally could play on any course on the Island but any reccomendations/advice would also be appreciated.
TIA
EB
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 09:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by el bee View Post
Hi
Hope this is in the correct area of the forum.

We're coming out toward the end of September 2011- anyone have any contacts/links which would make getting a couple of rounds of golf a little more reasonable than the prices quoted on the clubs websites.
Realistacally could play on any course on the Island but any reccomendations/advice would also be appreciated.
TIA
EB
The course at Al Canada is very good, not the cheapest but a great course.
PP76
Old 11-09-2011, 08:10

Tried to send you a private message about this but it was refused (maybe because you are new to the site) If you send me a private message with your email address I can forward some info.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:58
Super Moderator

Deanscroft new members usually need to do 3 posts before they can use PMs.
As long as you don't insert direct links you can can post the information here.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP76 View Post
The course at Al Canada is very good, not the cheapest but a great course.
PP76
Thanks for the info - more or less backs up what I'd read elsewhere so just the matter of the 100+ euro a round fees to get round.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanscroft View Post
Tried to send you a private message about this but it was refused (maybe because you are new to the site) If you send me a private message with your email address I can forward some info.
Cheers, as soon as I can, I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Deanscroft new members usually need to do 3 posts before they can use PMs.
As long as you don't insert direct links you can can post the information here.
So I don't come unstuck what are the rules on posting links? is it just self advertising or links to any commercial site that are not allowed?
you can link to news clips etc I take it?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:01
Super Moderator

Quote:
Cheers, as soon as I can, I will.

So I don't come unstuck what are the rules on posting links? is it just self advertising or links to any commercial site that are not allowed?
you can link to news clips etc I take it?
Hi El bee, the rules do not allow direct links to commercial websites that do not advertise with us but of course you are free to discuss them as long as they are in the Pollensa Town/Port or Cala San Vincente area.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Hi El bee, the rules do not allow direct links to commercial websites that do not advertise with us but of course you are free to discuss them as long as they are in the Pollensa Town/Port or Cala San Vincente area.
Thanks for clarifying that.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:15

Quote:
Thanks for the info - more or less backs up what I'd read elsewhere so just the matter of the 100+ euro a round fees to get round.
Golf Pollensa (just 10 mins South of the town of Pollensa) Is a nine hole course, with exceptional views, their fees this year were 45€ for a round (I think!), obviously you can go round twice, making 18 holes but that brings you up to 90€. I think club hire would be on top of this.
Old 12-09-2011, 16:52

I looked last year at playing but found all of the course at least double what we pay in UK, so did not bother!
Tony
Old 14-09-2011, 14:21

Pollensa 9 Hole is 40Euro, but combine it with the Menu del Dia lunch for 10Euro (great value) on a terrace with spectacular views and a cooling pre-lunch dip in the pool and you have a great experience (thats how we roll!..my lad and I)

For general info you can invest in a Mallorca golfcard for 99 Euros that gives 2-4-1 golf up to 15th Sept (ie tomorrow, so too late for you this time) if you are on a full golf tour and playing multiple courses on the island...the following are courses that participate:

Club de Golf Alcanada
Golf de Andratx
Capdepera Golf
Pula Golf
Golf Park Mallorca Puntiro
Golf de Son Antem
Arabella Golf Son Vida
Golf Son Gual

If you are driving Pula golf course is around 65 Euro a round (18 holes)...

You can also do 9 holes at Alcanada. It's a great course and I recommend the picturesque second 9 with many tee shots elevated and hitting towards the blue of the bay... still dear though as it is privately owned by Mr Porsche himself!

Maybe use the driving range and chipping/putting facilites at Alcanada one day (10E), have a shandy on the lovely terrace...then actually play on one of the cheaper options?

Swing smooth!
S

Hope this is useful..
Old 14-09-2011, 20:26

I'm a golf nut and most of my trips to PP these days are for golfing purposes. I've had some great fun playing all over the island. My user name is not a reference to where I am based when I'm out there, it is a tribute to one of my favorite golf courses in the world, and one that is on the doorstep of anyone based in the Pollensa area.

I think others on this thread have covered the 9 hole course at Pollensa. The last time I played there it was in a shocking state, but I'm sure it's recovered. I have had some great fun on there whilst on family holidays. You can slip off for a couple of hours without disrupting the day. As I said earlier these days I'm normally out there on a golf trip and I prefer some of the other options.

It's true that the green fees are quite expensive during the Spring and Autumn and Alcanada is probably close to being top of the price list, perhaps second only to Son Gual. Both of them are stunning golf courses and it is a delight to play them. Andratx is also expensive, it's an interesting course but not worth the green fee in my opinion.

However there are some better priced options around although none are what I would call cheap. In the 70 Euro bracket you can play Son Termens and Maioris. I like both and it's well worth checking out the Maioris twighlight deal. I played it for 35 Euros in April because I teed off after 1 'o' clock! I haven't tried either of the Son Atem courses but I think they are around the same price mark. Canyamel is a great course and about 80 Euros a round. From memory Capdepera and Puntiro are similarly priced and both of those are good fun if not sensational.

As Shotokan said Pula has dropped its green fees considerably and can be played for 65 Euros. Pula hosted a proper European tour event earlier this year and the winner was Darren Clarke, rumour has it he picked up another win a month or two after that...

I do not like Bendinat or Poniente but that is just my opinion of course. There are 3 courses in the Son Vida set up. I played Son Vida itself when I was a teenager and can't remember much about it, and I haven't played the other two. I think the green fees at these are ok if you are staying in the Son Vida hotel but otherwise pricy. I don't know anything at all about the courses at Santa Ponsa and if anyone has any opinions on these, Vall D'or or the Son Atem courses I would be interested to hear them.

Sorry for the length of my post!
Old 15-09-2011, 00:03

Better off down the south of the island where the courses are better and the green fees cheaper.

Alacanada is a decent trek but at well over 100 euros for fees, buggies and club hire I would prefer to keep my dough and play one of the courses on The Open rota in the UK.

Pollenca is a dump. The greens are crap, the rough poorly thought out, scrub bunkers in the mddle of the course, lack of yardage guidance from tee or fairway and nobody really seems to give a monkeys. Oh yeah I forgot. Its bloody expensive crap.
Old 15-09-2011, 06:16

Lol so You don't like Pollensa golf then Rab?

Actually isn't it up for sale yet again?

Last edited by eleanor; 15-09-2011 at 06:20.
Old 15-09-2011, 09:27
Super Moderator

That's what the local rumour mill is saying, i guess only time will tell.