Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree405Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-07-2010, 00:44

And just to combine football - with Jiggs mention of Everton - along with the group of "celebs" here's a few names that will be around the island, maybe even venturing to PP. And I wouldn't know a single one of them if I bumped into them. But I'm sure I would appreciate their fitness! No clarification needed on that!

WORLD CUP WINNING WEDDING FOR PREMIER LEAGUE STAR
By Humphrey Carter
LITTLE did Everton’s star Spanish midfielder, Mikel Arteta and his fiancée, Miss Spain 1999 Lorena Bernal know when they sent out their wedding invitations that many of the guests tonight are World Cup winners.

The Everton player who is being linked with a move to Manchester City and his fiancée have spent the best part of the week going over the final plans for this evening’s wedding at a private estate in Campos. The first of Spain’s World Cup winning side began arriving on Thursday.

Famous for being the star of the party, Arteta led the famous European Champions-winning celebrations in Madrid two years ago. Liverpool and Spain goal keeper Pepe Reina jetted into Palma on Thursday evening looking forward to the weekend of celebrations which apparently include a party at Mood club on Sunday.

Everton are currently on a pre-season tour in Australia and Australian international midfielder Tim Cahill, who played in the World Cup, has been given special leave to fly all the way to Majorca to be Arteta’s best man when he weds the model and actress.

The full guest list remains a mystery, as did the location of the wedding until two days ago.
But, fellow World Cup winner Xabi Alonso, who left Liverpool last year to join Real Madrid, has also arrived on the island. He is due to b joined by Majorca’s Albert Riera who also played for Liverpool prior to moving to CSKAMoscow over the summer.

A host of other Spanish celebrities from the world of acting, music and sports, such as tennis player Carlos Moya, are also expected. Real Madrid and Spain legend Raul is currently on holiday in Minorca, so he too could be popping over for the wedding. Riera and his wife Yolanda Ruiz flew in from Ibiza where another Spanish World Cup winner, Gerard Pique, has been spotted celebrating Spain’s historic defeat of Holland in last Sunday’s final.

But, the Balearics has not only been hosting Spain’s football legends over the past week.
More recently, Frank Lampard and Joe Cole have been holidaying with their families in Majorca while England skipper Steven Gerrard has been making the most of Ibiza with his Liverpool team mate and fellow England player, Jamie Carragher. They, however, went out of the World Cup over two weeks ago.
Old 18-07-2010, 09:44
Super Moderator

Bonyslad, you and i had better wear our disguises when we go to the fireworks tonight......... we don't want any of that list accosting us real celebs in the streets!!! , do we?
Old 18-07-2010, 12:16

Sparky,

Absolutely , have fun tonight .

Back in the UK Tues til late August. Just think of all those folk at Palma airport swooning when they see me in the flesh !!!!

Hasta lluego

BonysLad
Old 18-07-2010, 17:04

Oh well we can all dream lol

As long as people treat people as people with mutual respect who gives dam?

Last edited by eleanor; 03-07-2012 at 16:47.
Old 18-07-2010, 19:19

Ant was indeed in Puerto Pollensa he was with a large group of people incuding Jonothan Wilks(the nearest to Robbie I will ever get!) Glad to say that they were allowed to enjoy their meal in relitive peaceand quiet. Not surprised to see that Puerto Pollensa is a place that anyone can enjoy. They certainly had a blast with everyone else at the roundanout when Spain won the World Cup.
Old 18-07-2010, 19:59

yes its good Ant was left to get on with his life without being harassed. What a pain it must be to be rich famous and constantly recognised! Seriously, if celebs feel they can come to PP and be left alone to enjoy a lovely place then that can only be good for PP and its reputation.
Old 18-07-2010, 20:19

Oh my husband has just reminded me that about 3 years ago we saw Phil Mitchell from Eastenders. He was in a rather old and beaten up Renault. Gosh the list is growing lol.
Old 18-07-2010, 20:37

I remember that, he flow over with us on Easyjet, he has a villa I think, but I'm afraid he falls into the category of, 'you know Phil Mitchel, he was in a soap once'

On island time!!
Old 18-07-2010, 20:44

Yes - I know what you mean! I couldn't remember his name - probably didn't ever know it lol
I had to say to my husband 'you know - he's the drunk in Eastenders"!
Old 18-07-2010, 21:04

Jonathon Wilkes mum has an apartment in the block that I live, well thats my claim to fame.
Old 18-07-2010, 22:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
I remember that, he flow over with us on Easyjet, he has a villa I think, but I'm afraid he falls into the category of, 'you know Phil Mitchel, he was in a soap once'

But I bet his mum and dad are very proud of their son even if most people only recognise him as being 'in a soap once' He's a jobbing actor who had a break and has appeared on tv every week for god knows how many years. Well done Phil..you nasty piece of work!!!! Love him or hate him he will be recognised wherever he goes and may or may not enjoy the attention he gets.
Old 01-07-2012, 18:42

Saw Brendan from Strictly in Pollensa square last night
JMD40 likes this.
Old 02-07-2012, 15:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
Saw Brendan from Strictly in Pollensa square last night
Who?
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 02-07-2012, 15:57

Brendan Cole, one of the professional dancers from Strictly Come Dancing. He's here with his wife.
Old 02-07-2012, 19:16

We saw Elvis last week at Bar Imperial and blow me down by the time we got to the pollensa park hotel there he was again at Palms
sws97sdg, Sparky, tim and 1 others like this.