Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-12-2008, 20:12

Default January 2009 - who's in PP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollpott View Post
Anyone know if a Forum get-together is being organised for next year? I'd love to meet some of PP Forum people. I know it's a long way off but it would be something to look forward to.
Hi there Guys,

I tried to meet up with Debs/Belladonna last Three Kings . Any of you out then ( Jan 5th eve before the 6th ) ? We're out for Xmas , New Year and thru San Anthoni so a potential meet up in O'Lume after the night of the procession could be a good idea. Catch the Euro at 1 to the pound before it hits 80 cents to the pound next summer ( hope I'm only kidding folks !!!! ).

Any of you up for it ?

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 15-12-2008, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Hi there Guys,

I tried to meet up with Debs/Belladonna last Three Kings . Any of you out then ( Jan 5th eve before the 6th ) ? We're out for Xmas , New Year and thru San Anthoni so a potential meet up in O'Lume after the night of the procession could be a good idea. Catch the Euro at 1 to the pound before it hits 80 cents to the pound next summer ( hope I'm only kidding folks !!!! ).

Any of you up for it ?

BonysLad
Hi BonysLad

Bella and I (and hubby's) are out for San Antoni so maybe we can meet up this year? I haven't forgotten that dinner at Stay you promised..but as the euro's not looking good Burger King will do

Debs
Old 15-12-2008, 22:49
Founder

Default January 2009 - who's in PP?

As requested, I'll create a 'sticky' for each month of the year, just starting with Jan to see how it goes. So if you are about in Jan & want to meet up just post here.
Old 16-12-2008, 10:09

Default Forum get together

We arrive in PP on 4th January and think it would be a great idea to meet in O'Lume on the 5th after the Kings parade. We went to O'Lume on the same night last year and Jaime really looked after us as usual.

Have a good one everyone and hopefully see you on the 5th.

Golfaholics
Old 16-12-2008, 20:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Hi BonysLad

Bella and I (and hubby's) are out for San Antoni so maybe we can meet up this year? I haven't forgotten that dinner at Stay you promised..but as the euro's not looking good Burger King will do

Debs
Look forward to it, We'll definitely be in O'lume on the night of the bonfires as a lot of friends who are appt owners will be out. Probably stagger in there nine ish when we have inspected a few of the fires and sampled the free vino that they hand out around the port . It'll be on afterwards to the dance in the Bar Cultural til the early hours. Hope to be awake in time to see the Blessing of the Beasts next morning !!!!

BonysLad
Old 17-12-2008, 10:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
As requested, I'll create a 'sticky' for each month of the year, just starting with Jan to see how it goes. So if you are about in Jan & want to meet up just post here.
What a brilliant idea - we were out several times during this year and would have loved to meet up with fellow members of the forum.
Unfortunately, not out in January, although it sounds like it will be a good celebration - maybe next year!
Old 17-12-2008, 17:04
Super Moderator

Hubby and i will be around right through from now until at least end of April have already had a great night in O' Lume and intend to be there again very soon. Weather permitting, the last few days have been terrible, boats were really needed to get about in the Gotmar area.
Old 03-01-2009, 00:48

looking at flights from glasgow and only out from globespan on a saturday Jan and Feb
so what are the best dates to be in PP in Jan
obviously this week end out still recovering from hogmanay (hic)
mrs s
Old 03-01-2009, 10:57
Super Moderator

"San Antoni" aka the "Night of The Fires" i am told, is a very good time to be here. It's on 16th/ 17th January. We are looking forward to it, it sounds scary but fun.
Old 03-01-2009, 13:59

Four of us will almost certainly be in O'Lume on the 5th after the procession and there will be six of us in there on the "night of the fires". Hope to see others. Arriving tomorrow - can't wait!
Old 12-01-2009, 21:25

Default In PP in January

We are coming out to check on the apartment next week and also to catch some of the San Sebastian celebrations. We are hoping to be in Palma on 19th Jan and then in Pollensa on 20th Jan. If anyone has any good hints on where to go in Palma and also Pollensa, please let us know. Thanks!
Old 13-01-2009, 11:25

Thumbs up

Hopefully either Debs or someone will add us to the O lume crowd on Friday. Boots at the ready Sparky!
Old 13-01-2009, 18:02

I'll make sure you're booked in
Old 24-01-2009, 20:56

Default Fireworks for Festival of San Sebastian

We flew out to Palma on Monday 19th Jan in the hope of catching the San Sebastian festivities in Palma, including the firework display. Having found a great table in the lovely Varadero restaurant on the Muelle Viejo, which looks over towards the Cathedral, we found out from the waiter that the fireworks had been postponed to Sunday 25th Jan apparently. This was also confirmed by a later conversation with Banco Halifax Hispania staff in PP. So there may be fireworks tomorrow if anyone is in Palma?
Old 25-01-2009, 00:36
Founder

Default Will be in PP from 28th Jan

Hi all,

we will be arriving in PP on Weds (28th) & leaving on Mon 2nd Feb, so if anyone else who is there would like to meet up Thu-Sun (just one date please!), I'd love to meet you all (it may be a bit cold to wear my t-shirt...)

Sparky, if the Ikebana meal gets rearranged for next week we'd love to go.

Is anyone else going to be about next week?