Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree53Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-07-2016, 09:15

Sparky, shouldn´t that be Million ? If not, we are paying way too much tax !
Sparky likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 27-07-2016, 09:46
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molt de Renou View Post
Sparky, shouldn´t that be Million ? If not, we are paying way too much tax !
I just copied and pasted the whole thing from the page, will change it to million .
Old 27-07-2016, 13:06
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
So pleased that the Council have taken into account the concerns that were shown about the quality of workmanship in the first phase of the pedestrianisation. It's excellent news that they have now got the money to put this right in the second phase

This article is a rough translation from the Ultima Hora newspaper article. Original is here :- El Ajuntament de Pollença prevé una inversión de 2,1 millones de euros para mejorar la primera línea del Port » Part Forana » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca
It looks like the opposition parties have vetoed the plan. This has just been posted by the UMP on FB :-

Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTICIA DEL PLE D'AVUI:
TOTS, PI I ALTERNATIVA VOTEN EN CONTRA DE LA DOTACIÓ DE CRÈDIT PER A LA SUPRESSIÓ DE BARRERES ARQUITECTÒNIQUES DEL CENTRE CULTURAL I DE LA MILLORA DE LA PRIMERA LÍNEA DEL PORT DE POLLENÇA.
Des de l'equip de govern lamentam haver perdut la primera votació de la legislatura i TOTS, el PI i Alternativa han votat en contra d'un suplement de crèdit de 12.379,86€ per a asfaltat de vies públiques, de 200.000€ per a la supressió de barreres arquitectòniques i de 2.100.000€ per a la segona fase de la primera línea del Port de Pollença.

Important news of the house today:
All Pi and alternative vote against the strength of the credit for the elimination of barriers of the cultural center and the improvement of the first line of the port de pollença.
From the team of government lamentam having lost the first vote of the legislature and all the pine and alternative have voted against a supplement of credit of 12.379,86 € to paved roads, £ 200.000 For the removal of barriers and £ 2.100.000 for the second phase of the first line of the port de pollença.
Old 27-07-2016, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
It looks like the opposition parties have vetoed the plan. This has just been posted by the UMP on FB :-

Speechless ...which is probably a good thing!!!
Golfaholics, mike_dublin and Nick like this.
Old 28-07-2016, 10:03
Super Moderator

Yes this is crazy, as reported in the MDB below, full story can be seen here :- Opposition blocks second phase of Puerto Pollensa pedestrianisation » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin.

Quote:
Opposition blocks second phase of Puerto Pollensa pedestrianisation.

The Pollensa town hall minority administration of Junts Avançam and UMP (Unió Mollera Pollencina) has suffered a major setback in plans for the second phase of Puerto Pollensa's pedestrianisation project. At yesterday's council session, opposition parties combined to block the proposal to spend 2.1 million euros for work due to start in November and end by Easter next year.

The proposal, which includes further work on pavements, on the bike lane, on the road itself and on the installation of more benches and vegetation, was kicked out thanks to the Alternativa per Pollença (which has typically supported the minority administration) siding with the opposition led by former mayor Tomeu Cifre Ochogovia of Tots per Pollença.

Cifre attacked the "arrogant attitude" of deputy mayor and councillor for urban planning, his cousin Tomeu Cifre Bennàsar, saying that the proposals had been revealed to businesses prior to being shown to the opposition and to therefore arriving at a consensus. In addition, the ex-mayor queried the availability of half a million euros from the Council of Majorca to help fund the project. No agreement for this has been seen by the opposition. Nor is it evident that any permissions from the Costas Authority have been granted.

A further objection centred on the fact that funding for the project is being tied in with work to remove access obstacles at the Guillem Cifre Cultural Centre. The opposition argued that this project should be separated (the centre is in Pollensa town), but the administration didn't wish to. Both projects have therefore been knocked back.....................
debz1 and Tommo like this.
Old 28-07-2016, 10:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Yes this is crazy, as reported in the MDB below, full story can be seen here :- Opposition blocks second phase of Puerto Pollensa pedestrianisation » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin.
Madness
Nick likes this.
Old 28-07-2016, 10:24

I have been told that it is being used as a bargaining chip to force the present town hall to do things the previous one wanted to do but the present one haven´t or don´t want to do.

As always, polititians caring more about themselves than the citizens they are supposed to represent.

It´s also a case of VERY sour grapes, in other words we are very pi..ed off that we had the idea but you are getting all the plaudits.
Tommo likes this.

Last edited by Molt de Renou; 28-07-2016 at 10:45. Reason: speling mistake
Old 28-07-2016, 11:02

Red face News reports 2016.

Typical small minded me me me attitude, from self interested people.
I worked in local government for more than thirty years and witnessed this sort of behaviour on too many occasions to count. You wouldn't believe some of the real reasons behind some of the committee decisions.
Still this is democracy in action.
Old 29-07-2016, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molt de Renou View Post
I have been told that it is being used as a bargaining chip to force the present town hall to do things the previous one wanted to do but the present one haven´t or don´t want to do.

As always, polititians caring more about themselves than the citizens they are supposed to represent.

It´s also a case of VERY sour grapes, in other words we are very pi..ed off that we had the idea but you are getting all the plaudits.
Not sure about the last line MDR there are very few plaudits, and quite rightly in my opinion ,only complaints about a botched job .The politicians aren't doing their job properly if they don't query the administrations plans. The front clearly needs a rework but grand ideas aren't good enough from the current administration, after this years debacle they must demonstrate not only a good design but the financial resources and project management skills to make phase 2 a success.
debz1 and Lorenzo like this.

Last edited by Chelseadons; 29-07-2016 at 23:34.
Old 30-07-2016, 07:08

The problem with any '' public works '' are that the are usually some ones ''Vanity/Legacy project ''

when it works they can puff their chest out and smugly claim what a wonderful sucess and then it fails blame everyone else for not meeting their expectations.
Old 30-07-2016, 07:25

You could look at it that at least this stops them making an even bigger mess than that already created.
debz1 and whaleywanderer like this.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:18

I have been told the following about the work that is supposedly going to take place this winter. Not in order of importance.

The road inbetween the roundabout and Avda Paris will be finished with paving stones up to the same level as the pavement. Cars will be able to drive along this stretch. The bike lane will have a smooth finish.

Taxis will be moved most probably to the stretch of road inbetween the paseo and the Stay.

The road inbetween Avda Paris and the Llenaire roundabout will be re-tarmaccced and it is planned to put flower pots or similar inbetween the bicycle lane and the road.

The sea wall is not going to be pulled down. Instead the plan is to remove the cement benches and then cover the wall with stone. New seating will be on the pavement facing the sea.
whaleywanderer likes this.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:02

Do you have any info about whether the bus stops will be moved Molt? At the moment they are right by where we stay so won't come again until they are moved.
Old 09-08-2016, 17:20
Super Moderator

Fire is reported here Fire in Albufera near Sa Pobla » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin .
Old 09-08-2016, 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofan View Post
Do you have any info about whether the bus stops will be moved Molt? At the moment they are right by where we stay so won't come again until they are moved.
From what I have told they are going to remain as is.
Closed Thread