Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-06-2016, 12:19

I emailed on the complaint form twice but unsurprisingly I have not had a reply. I have since been told that residents and businesses have complained a lot but it seems the bus company are not bothered. It is actually really spoiling my holiday as I love peace and quiet but not nearly as much as it is spoiling the lives of the residents and businesses in this vicinity as who wants to sit outside to eat and drink with the noise and fumes and also the heat this generates. I know this only affects a small area and hopefully is only temporary but I feel this is a far more serious issue than the state of the new paving, which incidentally looks fine to us!
LK1960 and Rosie34 like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 27-06-2016, 12:40

@tangofan

You could also trying filling out the contact page rather than the complaint form -
Contact - CTM

There's also a Twitter link on the bottom of that contact page.
@TIB_Mallorca
Some companies respond better to tweets for whatever reson.

Though reading your latest update, the drivers seem to be a stubborn crowd (not unlike here) ...
Old 27-06-2016, 20:28

Unhappy

This is dreadful news for us. This new bust stop is right outside our apartment block. Not only will we have more noise/fumes but we have lost parking spaces!
We are not happy.
Old 28-06-2016, 12:52

Carol, have you tried complaining? If so did you get any response - I assume you mean you own your property?
Old 28-06-2016, 14:50

Unhappy

I am talking about the new bus stop on Calle Falco - could just be one for coaches to park? Who knows - out on Thursday - not sure where we will park the car!
Old 28-06-2016, 17:50

I am talking about roger de flor where the post office is so don't think we are talking about the same place Carol
Old 29-06-2016, 08:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
A new bus stop has appeared on Calle Falco (the bypass) which would possibly indicate another change of route or just an additional stop. Very handy for us may I say!
Hi Whaley, whereabouts excatly is the new stop, we stay very close to you so interested where it is. Does it say yet what routes it will be, cant see the bendy Palma bus getting up the service road, and hopefully it will be a request stop only also? TIA

On island time!!
Old 29-06-2016, 09:24

Unhappy

Yes it is on the service road - right outside our apartment - not good news at all for us - yet more fumes and noise! At least hopefully only a 'parking' space. Will keep all informed - out on Thursday. Our president will be making an official complaint to the council.
Old 29-06-2016, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Hi Whaley, whereabouts excatly is the new stop, we stay very close to you so interested where it is. Does it say yet what routes it will be, cant see the bendy Palma bus getting up the service road, and hopefully it will be a request stop only also? TIA
Hi Steve, the new stop is just off the roundabout nearest to us, more or less just outside the block you stay in. Re the bendy bus, I don't think there would be any problems as its straight off the roundabout, up the slip road and back onto the bypass at the next roundabout.
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 29-06-2016, 10:30

Ok, thanks Whaley, it is useful to have a stop there and hopefully they will only be picking up and dropping off and not waiting here, back in 10 weeks, look out for the flag!!
whaleywanderer likes this.

On island time!!
Old 29-06-2016, 13:42

Carol
You said it was dreadful news for you as though you were in roger de flor. Trust me you just have a bus stop outside your apartment it is nothing compared to here. There are three bus stops here including several buses just waiting with their engines running for long periods. It is very noisy and a lot of fumes. Business are losing customers and residents are in despair and the bus company are ignoring complaints - apparently the police can fine drivers who do this bit nothing is happening. All the parking spaces are gone too. I think if you just have a bus stopping to pick people up you are lucky !

Someone suggested tweeting the bus company but I don't have a Twitter account but if anyone has and can tweet that would be great. I didn't take up Sparky's suggestion of going to police station as there are often police around here but they don't do anything.
It has spoiled my holiday but nothing in comparison to what local residents and businesses are putting up with
Old 29-06-2016, 14:30

I do know they were looking at putting in more stops in LLenaire and Gommar in readiness for moving the buses to the new bus station.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:33

I've heard tell that a sink hole has opened up on Carrer de Traumantana, surely this is because of the busses using the road and increased wear?

Are the busses still stopping behind the church?
Old 01-07-2016, 09:49

Default Pot hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab11 View Post
I've heard tell that a sink hole has opened up on Carrer de Traumantana, surely this is because of the busses using the road and increased wear?

Are the busses still stopping behind the church?
Yes there is indeed a large hole in the road on Tramuntana and the Tarmac along Roger de Flor is crumpling up all over the place,all caused by the increase in bus traffic.
And to answer your question,yes the busses are still stopping behind the church.
Old 26-07-2016, 11:41
Super Moderator

This has been posted on FB by the local police. From 1th August. Changes to the bus stops at the port de pollença :-

13620056_1077018805684573_145685893887790719_n by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr
sws97sdg and Doogz1874 like this.