Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Members Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/members-area/)
-   -   48 hours and counting (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/members-area/13538-48-hours-counting.html)

HarrysDad 06-07-2017 15:33

48 hours and counting

Only a couple of days until we're back in PP for the 4th year running, can't wait.

The itinerary is all worked out, arrive at Palma airport, pick up the hire car, drive to PP and try not to get a speeding ticket, lunch at Cappuccinos (when you order a burger you get 2 - what's not to love). Buy an ice cream, walk round the marina, drive to Eroski, buy wine and beer, drive to the villa, get sent back to Eroski because I forgot to buy things like nappies, food and baby formula, get back to the villa, jump in the pool, have a beer, fire up the BBQ and relax!

There's nowhere better than PP for a family holiday, can't wait!

Disorderly 06-07-2017 16:46

Here's hoping for flights being on time and no daft queues at passport control. We too are travelling out on Saturday, in our case for the 23rd successive year. See you in Eroski by the beer counter!!

lovemallorca 06-07-2017 21:08

Passport control at PMI has moved into the 21st Century - There are now machines that scan your passport and when they are happy with it, scan you finger. Once you pass the "approved digit" over the electronic door sensors, you are free to enter Mallorca.

(Although you may also get sent to a booth instead for a cursory glance at your passport!)

Gentlemen - Eroski currently has big bottles of Estrella Damn on offer at 1 Euro. I find as a casual drinker that the store next to Lidl sells out quicker, and tends to mainly have cans. The bigger store on Carrer de Joan XXIII always seem to have better stocks. I understand that they also sell nappies.

Have a great holiday!!

Luckyone 06-07-2017 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemallorca (Post 119158)
Passport control at PMI has moved into the 21st Century - There are now machines that scan your passport and when they are happy with it, scan you finger. Once you pass the "approved digit" over the electronic door sensors, you are free to enter Mallorca.

(Although you may also get sent to a booth instead for a cursory glance at your passport!)

Gentlemen - Eroski currently has big bottles of Estrella Damn on offer at 1 Euro. I find as a casual drinker that the store next to Lidl sells out quicker, and tends to mainly have cans. The bigger store on Carrer de Joan XXIII always seem to have better stocks. I understand that they also sell nappies.

Have a great holiday!!

Not lucky enough to be sent via new passport scanners.

Did though have to wait for every passenger to have their passport scanned both at entry (3 June) to Mallorca and exit! Never had this before. We were one UK flight with another UK on entry. However, all nationalities were being scanned on exit 20 June.

Roy&Myra 07-07-2017 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemallorca (Post 119158)

Have a great holiday!!

As a Senior Citizen, Who only remembers Terry Towel nappies.
A Question for the younger generation.
What are the nappies for // Mopping up Spilt beer or filling with ice to keep the beer in by the pool.
Surely the babe cant wear nappies and his little budge smugglers at the same time in the pool. So a roll of cling film Problem solved.
Now buy some more Beer.
Mines Cruze Campo Cheers.

lovemallorca 07-07-2017 19:30

Cruzccampo with a side-order of soiled Terry Towelling Nappy.

Not sure that one will make the Ruta del Tapeo.

HarrysDad 11-07-2017 14:05

Flights were delayed by 20 minutes so no big deal. No queues at passport control either (but we were the last to get off the plane and had to change the little one in the terminal first - I think he'd done a poo somewhere over southern France and the seatbelt light came on before we could change him).

Everything went as planned, Hertz even gave us a free upgrade on the car! Now it's time to lie back and have fun

lovemallorca 11-07-2017 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarrysDad (Post 119197)
I think he'd done a poo somewhere over southern France

That is what I love about this forum - The broad spectrum of topics that it covers!:D

Gommar Goffer 11-07-2017 16:56

to be honest not that many people live there considering the space so it probably missed everyone:D:eek:

HarrysDad 11-07-2017 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 119204)
to be honest not that many people live there considering the space so it probably missed everyone:D:eek:

If only we could have jettisoned it mid-air ....... good old pampers kept it all in, and after the coach ride to the terminal in >30 degree heat he was becoming quite pungent.

Poor little lamb, he hadn't been on an aeroplane before and after take off from Gatwick he had to equalise the pressure in his tummy with the reduced air pressure in the cabin. He sounded like a vintage tractor that hasn't been maintained properly.

I think I might have gone off topic somwhat! :o

copper 11-07-2017 17:45

As you mention Passport Control it has reminded to post about the problem we had leavng Palma Sunday before last

About 11am we queued for 45mins to go through Passport control We had allowed 2 hours at airport and checking in took quite a while Security was very quick but Passport control was awful Queuing downhill no air con Lots of people late so push shove but it appeared all booths were open Not good

We only just got to the gate in time and no shopping or coffee stops so next time we will allow longer if this is a common occurrance !

Disorderly 11-07-2017 17:48

We also had on time flights, a breeze through passport control, bags off pretty quickly and a Hertz upgrade. Already been to Brisa Marina, C'an Josep and Stay......all absolutely brilliant. Next up a BBQ at the villa and hopefully Zarzales tomorrow. Love this place so much. Spent a lovely morning on the beach yesterday. In heaven!