Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Members Area

Members Area This forum is both for new members to say hello and introduce theirselves and for ALL members to post when they are coming out to PP, arrange forum meet-ups etc. But please don't post anything here that would be better suited to the more specific forums.

Like Tree77Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Debz1 is on the Portsmouth/Santander ferry......i hope the Bay of Biscay is calm .

Sparky it was like a millpond We really enjoyed the 24 hour crossing...it was like a mini cruise. Food was good, cabins fine and the highlight was spotting lots of dolphins. Stayed in Santander last night which is lovely and off to Zaragoza today before catching the Barcelona ferry to Palma tomorrow evening. Much more fun than flying
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 09:29
Super Moderator

We did the Santander trip many times from Plymouth just spending a few hours there and then sailing back, it's a nice city. The Bay of Biscay was always calm but when we were driving down to live here it was quite rough and we drove through a blizzard between Santander and Zaragosa but that was in early December so you shouldn't have to worry . Safe journey .
debz1 likes this.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm View Post
Well hopefully they will be more dog friendly on the continent. Leaving Glasgow Wednesday morning and picked out a few places to stop on the way. Never heard of it but quite fancied a place called Thame, just off the motorway. The Swan, no dogs, the Spreading Eagle, no dogs, I did send a picture of her afterwards to let them see what they were missing and I tried to upload it on here to give you fair warning what a Maltese Lion Dog looks like! but need a bit more practise. Folkestone on Thursday night and through the tunnel on Friday, which is the 70th anniversary of D Day, so heading to Normandy first to see where my father in law, ( drum Major in the Argyll,s) won the war. After that taking advice from fellow posters, missing out Paris and heading for Barcelona.
No hurry, but looking forward to taking the Lion dog for an evening stroll round the square.
Are you on the Sunday night ferry? Coincidently we used to live 3 miles from Thame and it is lovely town. Re dog friendly or rather not, I can see both sides really. Having 'dog' sat my dental hygienist's 7 month old cockapoo for two weeks recently ( don't ask!) I was very pleased that our local pub 2 miles along the canal path from my house was very welcoming...even to a completely off its head bonkers puppy!! However there are a lot of people who don't care much for dogs or may have allergies. The Spread Eagle in Thame is well renowned and does a lot of events, weddings etc and probably not well suited for dogs. Was it the Swan in Tetbury? Another rather grand pub with an antique shop attached? However there are plenty of other dog friendly pubs in the area.

Good luck with your journey and have fun. We are
Old 01-06-2014, 11:30

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Are you on the Sunday night ferry? Coincidently we used to live 3 miles from Thame and it is lovely town. Re dog friendly or rather not, I can see both sides really. Having 'dog' sat my dental hygienist's 7 month old cockapoo for two weeks recently ( don't ask!) I was very pleased that our local pub 2 miles along the canal path from my house was very welcoming...even to a completely off its head bonkers puppy!! However there are a lot of people who don't care much for dogs or may have allergies. The Spread Eagle in Thame is well renowned and does a lot of events, weddings etc and probably not well suited for dogs. Was it the Swan in Tetbury? Another rather grand pub with an antique shop attached? However there are plenty of other dog friendly pubs in the area.

Good luck with your journey and have fun. We are
Hi Debs, it was the Swan in Tetbury but it's no problem, we will get one and it's only for the one night to break the journey. As far as I know it's the early morning boat from Barcelona to Alcudia I'm going on while my wife and dog fly from barca to palma ( Lola under the seat for take off and then up on the lap).I'm actually fine tuning the journey just now as I'm in no hurry for a change.
anne10aber likes this.
Old 01-06-2014, 22:55

Just wrapped today and am free of work in the UK for the next few weeks.

Flights and car booked - Next stop Eroski's on Tuesday morning. Beer, cake and ice-cream section should expect to be hit hard!

Can't tell you just how much I can't wait to be back
Closed Thread