Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-08-2011, 23:03

Default Blood testing in PP

Hi everyone
We come over this weekend (whoop) and my mate who is travelling independently from the USA has just heard she may be pregnant and will need some blood tests (for hormone count) whilst she is away. Can you recommend anywhere in PP or nearby who do these - ideally with same day results? Also, which is the best hospital to go to for gynae things (if potential problems).
Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 25-08-2011, 14:08

Not sure you will get same day reults from anywhere in the port but if you go to Muro which is the private hospital then you may. I guess as your friend is american she would need to use private facilities anyway. You could try the Balederos Clinic on the market square aroundd the corner from Bony's but I don't think he does same day.
Old 25-08-2011, 20:23

Thanks Lollipop
My mate is British but over there at the moment. She has an EHIC card. Do you think it is easier to pay for the blood tests locally(I imagine they can't be too much) than going off to Muro? (excuse my ignorance but how far is Muro?)
Trying to juggle lots of things at the mo!
Old 26-08-2011, 12:36

The private hospital de Muro is actually located in Playa de Muro which is Pto Alcudia to you and I!!! Its a 15min drive away. I doubt that they will have same day results and social security definatley do not have same day - often not even same week results!!
To go to the hospital for a blood test I think you will require a `blood test request´from a local Dr. I would suggest popping into Dr. Paco Caro who can provide this for you and advise your best options.... and he should be able to advise of approx. costs.
Old 26-08-2011, 13:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD40 View Post
The private hospital de Muro is actually located in Playa de Muro which is Pto Alcudia to you and I!!! Its a 15min drive away. I doubt that they will have same day results and social security definatley do not have same day - often not even same week results!!
To go to the hospital for a blood test I think you will require a `blood test request´from a local Dr. I would suggest popping into Dr. Paco Caro who can provide this for you and advise your best options.... and he should be able to advise of approx. costs.

Thats great. Thank you JMD40. Can you offer any information on the Inca Hospital? I believe they have a gynae department. Where is Dr Paco Caro based? We are staying at Villas Egeo - I just can't get my bearings until I have been somewhere and walked around. Also, how do you get an appointment to see a doctor over there. It is something I have never had to do abroad (thankfully). Appreciate your help.
Old 27-08-2011, 12:28

Hello again,
The Inca Hospital is run by social security so I do not think they will get your blood test results before you leave the Island unfortuantley. They do have a gino department but I do not think they will perform a blood test without a form from a social security Dr. which tells them what they are testing for. You need to go up to the surgery on the back road in Puerto Pollensa almost alongisde the public swimming pool to make an appointment to see Dr. using your european health card.....
Dr Paco Caro is a private Dr, located behind the sea front Burger King in Pto Pollensa. You do not need to make an appointment to see him, its ok to walk into his surgery and wait. He can complete a blood test request form and send you to Hospital de Muro or maybe even Palma if he thinks it will get the results quicker. You will have to pay him and the hospital for this as it is unlikely that the insurance will pay for it. GOOD LUCK, LET US KNOW HOW YOU GOT ON SO WE KNOW FOR OTHER CLIENTS.
Old 27-08-2011, 12:42

One of our visitors developed a problem and we whisked him off to Muro hospital. They did a variety of tests including a blood test and the results were given within the hour. Fortunately he was OK and it was only a virus. Service was impressive though and they had an interpreter on hand too.