Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Spanish Will (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/13749-spanish-will.html)

Diver Val 22-02-2018 18:11

Spanish Will

We own an apartment in the port and wish to make a Spanish will. Could anyone recommend who to go to please?

kate1 22-02-2018 18:36

Toni de la Cruz has a good reputation - we've always found him very helpful with various legal issues.

majprop 22-02-2018 20:26

I would go direct to a Notary, it is after all the person who draws up the will, there is one in Pollensa and Alcudia. this cuts out the lawyers fee. Both have someone speaking English

its cd 22-02-2018 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 121374)
Toni de la Cruz has a good reputation - we've always found him very helpful with various legal issues.

I second that

Tommo 23-02-2018 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 121374)

Toni is very good.

bhanmer 23-02-2018 17:22

I just did one with Tirso Tarragó, cost was around €150

Deanscroft 25-02-2018 11:59

Go direct to the Notary. Thats all the solicitor does. It will cost you around 30€.

Big Sal 25-02-2018 15:52

I processed my Will at the Notary in Pollenca in 2015 for 64€.

I e-mailed the Notary at their request, with some personal information such as passport number, maiden name, place and date of birth, UK address and parents names.

A clause was added, at my request, 'The testator declares that her national law, which she declares to know, does not acknowledge compulsory heirs, wishes of the testator that her estate is governed by it's current law'. If Spanish Law were to be applied to my current situation, my estate would be passed to my sibling as default.

I was also fortunate that my estate agent accompanied me at the notary to act as my translator.

Diver Val 26-02-2018 08:35

Thanks for all the above replies. We are going to use the Natary in Pollensa. Thanks again.

Rockape 21-06-2018 10:47

Hi Val

how did you get on with the Notary, was it reasonably straightforward? I've been quoted a total of 332 euros by my Palma based solicitor, so thinking of doing what you did.

I recall reading posts that mentioned the importance of stating terms about UK law etc. But can't seem to find it. As we are out from 13/7 for 12 days, I want to get it all sorted and wouldn't mind saving 250 euros on it if its not to arduous!

Any thoughts would be welcome!:)

Disorderly 21-06-2018 17:42

I had the same dilemma. In the end I came to the view that Wills are extremely important and, needing to update my UK one as well and wishing to be absolutely sure that they dovetailed nicely, I chose to use the services of my UK solicitor abd Toni de la Cruz in the Port.

Yes, it’s an expense, but I’m not legally trained and I don’t think I felt at all secure with the DIY option. I am now very confident that both my Wills adequately protect my surviving relatives.

Teflon 21-06-2018 21:07

Totally agree, do not take short cuts on anything legal wise in Spain.

Also totally recommend Tony de la Cruz :)

bobley 21-06-2018 21:31

I'm going to see Oscar Coll in August (he's Tony's business partner). He gave me the full low down on what we need to do via the notary in Alcudia though. Price wasn't bad considering whats involved and that I'm lazy....

Diver Val 22-06-2018 09:28

Spanish Wills

Hi all

That’s done now, we can relax. We went to the Notary not far from the Cloisters in old Pollensa and filled in the basic forms, passport number, date of birth, maiden name in my case, then told to come back on Friday with a translator, which we did. (Your translator needs to bring his passport with him as well)

We inserted the sentence “ this Will to be governed by its Current National Law”

All quite straitforward and the cost was 160 Euros for the two of us.

Hope this helps.

Val

Rockape 22-06-2018 10:00

Thanks all........will probably do at Bobley suggests will probably take it on the chin and know its been done right.