Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-09-2017, 12:42

Bekki I wish you only the best with your purchase. I answered your question as you asked for opinions. I certainly would not suggest mine to be your correct answer. I didn't want you to lose out not knowing if there might be others waiting to offer to. I hope things go to plan for you and good luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-09-2017, 13:06
Super Moderator

If any member has a personal issue with any posts i request you sort it out by using the PM facility and not on the forum, this thread is for advice on buying a property and not for petty squabbles, thank you .
pollensa, El Gordo, Tommo and 2 others like this.
Old 24-09-2017, 13:09

It may well be a buyers market but that may depend on the property. A property with a license according to Ruisch agents is increasing in price and becoming much sought after.

May I also remind those that own a property that by supporting an offer drop of 20% on the asking price is devaluing their own property value. Just my opinion!
pansy potter likes this.
Old 24-09-2017, 13:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
If any member has a personal issue with any posts i request you sort it out by using the PM facility and not on the forum, this thread is for advice on buying a property and not for petty squabbles, thank you .
I totally agree Sparky. This is not a petty squabble on my part as I had attempted to help Bekki and give her the opinion she asked. No site should support any form of personal attack which is what I feel is apparent. I have asked this to stop so I assume it will stop. Apologies you and this site have been pulled int something which is unnecessary when only attempting to help.
pansy potter and Tiggy like this.
Old 24-09-2017, 13:49
Super Moderator

Nobody has been "attacked", you have voiced your opinion as have others so i feel it's time for you let this go now, thank you.
Tomir likes this.
Old 24-09-2017, 13:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Nobody has been "attacked", you have voiced your opinion as have others so i feel it's time for you let this go now, thank you.

Yes I have let this go by saying it is unacceptable and yes i'm afraid I have been attacked over time ( please read back) I assume you will be having words with the other person as mediator so will leave with you. I have attempted to help Bekki and others so feel comfortable with that.

Thank your for your support.
Old 24-09-2017, 19:42

Why, Tomir, do you take such unnecessary offence to the opinions of others, and yet are so pedantic in your own opinions? You seem to ignore the possibility that some vendors may advertise a property at an inflated figure, in the hope that someone may be daft enough to pay close to their asking price. In the end, it is a commercial transaction, and there's really no aspect of causing "offence"...... the seller simply rejects an inadequate offer.

You do seem a bit "over sensitive " if I may say so. It's just a conversation, not a condemnation.
debz1, rebel and Rob19Lee like this.

Last edited by Disorderly; 24-09-2017 at 19:48.
Old 25-09-2017, 11:46

If you pay below the valuation that the Hacienda put on a property, they will claim extra tax from you at a later date. This has happened with several apartments in the complex I live in.
Old 28-09-2017, 20:48

We bought our property in 2006. We asked the agent if 10% below the asking price was a reasonable start and with them saying yes we put in our offer. Within 24 hrs our offer was accepted. We love our home but often wonder what we might have got away with. It turned out our sellers had their heart set on a property on the front line near Tameralls which had received an offer from another party and to secure it for themselves they needed some of the funds from the property we bought. Good luck with the negotiating they can only say no.
Tommo likes this.
Old 07-10-2017, 19:36

Thank you everyone for your advice and kind comments on this thread. We did put in an offer and have found out that our bid was accepted. Not at the original starting offer of 20% below the asking price, which was a starting point. The owner was not offended and was expecting an initial bid of around this point they said. We came to a mutual agreement and everything has been extremely amicable yet below the original asking price. Our agent has been superb and we cannot prasise them highly enough. Overall up to now a good experience. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that the final stages go through smoothly
pollensa, PP76, debz1 and 3 others like this.
Old 07-10-2017, 21:38

Best of luck Bekie!!!!!! I am so envious!!!!!!
Old 17-11-2017, 13:41

Hi Bekki, As someone going through the process of buying, I found your posts interesting. Which Agents are you referring to that have been excellent by the way? I have had dealings with two Agents myself and found both very helpful. Having said that...when I realised that they make 5% on a sale, you can understand why!

Whereabouts have you bought? We're buying a property in Llenaire.
Old 17-11-2017, 18:50

Forgive me if it isn't directly relevant to this thread, or if it has been mentioned before, but I learnt today that no future licences to rent property will be issued to non-residents.

So, even if you buy a property that has an existing licence, you may not be able to continue to use it for that purpose as a non-resident.

It will be interesting to see what further pressure that puts on property pricing.
Old 17-11-2017, 21:06

Hi Rockape,
I will send you a PM about who we used.
Old 18-11-2017, 16:53

One thing my solicitor insisted I ask for is the Cedula de Habitabilidad.

The Balearics are one of the few places in Spain that having this document is not essential to be able to sell and transfer deeds.

It is basically a piece of paper handed out by the local council to prove that the property has been inspected, and passed, by the authorities.

Without it, one cannot, in theory, ask for energy and water supplies, and if you ever want or are obliged to have a private water meter when the building has a community one, the company will ask you to show it to them.

I said in theory, as my solicitor has come across cases where the property has electricity, but didn´t have this document, as they used a meter provided for a well, workshop or even a nearby neighbour.

The fact that the property is inscribed in the Registro de la Propiedad or in the Catastro, doesn´t guarantee that it has a Cedula de Habitabildad.

Last edited by Julian Simms; 18-11-2017 at 16:59.