Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-11-2017, 12:35

Thank you JS, I have contacted DKV Seguros and waiting to receive their quote.

After spending much time analysing the different cover packages, ASSSA informed me that they do not cover Balearics!

Again, more analysing of various cover packages provided by Sanitas, I whittled it down to a choice of 3 packages that would suit (all include reduced dental treatment and emergency cover abroad):
Sanitas Mas Plus (low excess) 58 Euros
Sanitas Mas Plus Optima (has excess) 50 Euros
Sanitas Mas Salud (no excess) 69 Euros p/m
Sanitas then advised me that if you apply for residency, their only accepted plan is a No Excess plan. If only I had known that at first glance! So now I know this, when asking for quotes, I say it's for residency application!

It appears that many health policies here, use this excess structure, known as co payment. Dependent on level of cover, an expected example would be:
'0 - 6 SERVICES 0€/service
7- 10 SERVICES 4€/service
e.g. if you use the policy 8 times (consultations) the excess would be 6 x 0€ (0€) + 2 x 4€
(8€) a total of 8€ (applies per person per year)'.

AXA PPP Int'l can only offer Worldwide package, however as it covers Worldwide, it's expensive with Standard cover (self-funded primary care) at 191 Euros p/m.

I am also waiting to receive quote from AXA in Pollenca, who I already have my home insurance with, along with a quotation from my bank Sabadell.

I will then call it a day with this research and make a decision from the information I've received. It's driving me insane! - but hopefully it can help other forum members with their investigations and decisions.
El Gordo and Gommar Goffer like this.

Last edited by Big Sal; 18-11-2017 at 12:42.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-11-2017, 16:26

My company (Mapfre) charge a small amount every time I use their card.

Like all these sort of things, the devil is in the detail.

I am not someone who throws money around but the charges quoted seem to be very economical, and if I were a cynic, I would say too economical.

They canīt be telling you the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

It is worth asking which clinics / private hospitals they use in case of emergencies, as some only use their own or not so highly reccomended ones.

It is also worth asking how much a customer 10, 15 and 20 years older than you pays to give you a rough idea what you will be paying when the time comes, obviously not taking into account inflation etc. My policy charge increases by around 2% per annum.

A prospective male customer should ask what type of coverage they have for prostate cancer and what procedure they would pay for if the prostate needs to be removed.

Having said this, we are lucky to have an excellent NHS service here, where emergencies are treated just as well and effectively as in the local private hospitals.

Last edited by Julian Simms; 18-11-2017 at 16:36.
Old 18-11-2017, 21:59

Thank you Julian, and thanks for your pointers.

I just contacted Mapfre in Pollenca who quoted promotion of 55.95 Euros for ages up to 50, and ages 51-65 92.34 Euros p/m, with dental health +4.50 Euros p/m. I've google translated their package comparisons, but need to confirm which cover and what they are offering. I need reassurance that their team can offer English as a language and provide policy details in English, so I will follow-up. Unless, Julian you have experience of this?

Last edited by Big Sal; 18-11-2017 at 22:37.
Old 23-09-2018, 16:40

A further option is to pay into the Health Service of the Balearic Islands (Ib-Salut), health insurance scheme Special Agreement. Patricia.riutort@ibsalut.es provided statement below:

'It must meet as a requirement to be registered in a municipality of the Autonomous Community of the Balearic Islands and have an antiquity of registration in any Spanish municipality, for a continuous period, a minimum of one year immediately prior to the date of the application.

The person subscribing to the Special Agreement undertakes to make the corresponding economic compensation during the validity of the same, in accordance with the following conditions:

If the subscriber is less than 65 years old: monthly payment of 60 euros. If the subscriber is 65 or older: monthly installment of 157 euros'.

Could be considered on par cost wise with private cover, but I assume the above would include all medical conditions, such as pre-existing.
Lorenzo likes this.

Last edited by Big Sal; 23-09-2018 at 16:56.