Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Bill payments (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/13268-bill-payments.html)

Dilly17 11-02-2017 22:55

Bill payments

Hi all
Just a little question
As I understand it all bills relating to a property purchased are sent to The property address in PP ?
Who do people usually appoint to take care of this in their absence ?
I'm sure utilities can be done by DD
I was thinking more about The official Tax related ones etc

Thanks in advance

P:)

Matt&Deb 12-02-2017 09:52

Hi there, yes it is quite easy to set up the direct debits for all major utilities and the community taxes. Sometimes you just need to persevere with some of the translation on the websites! That said when we purchased last year our Solicitor - Oscar at Dell a Cruz was brilliant in helping set these up. As in the UK you can log-in to see your account on line for most things. We still receive post to our Pollensa post box, but this is mainly statements of account. Best wishes to you :)

lollipop 15-02-2017 18:06

We pay all of our bills by Direct Debit. Just as in the UK if you change bank, they change the DD for you.

Lorenzo 15-02-2017 20:05

Whilst bank charges in Spain could warrant a whole new thread on this forum :(, do also allow for bank charges when paying your utility bills by direct debit.

We also use our solicitor in Pollensa as our 'gestor' and our income tax bills always go to him first so there is no chance of anything getting missed.

Yorkie 16-02-2017 09:50

We have all our bills on Direct Debit now but it has proved to be a bit of a slog. The only "bill" we get by post is an advisory bill from Endesa for the electric. 20 months after purchasing our flat we have finally got the last thing - the basuras/garbage charge - on DD. Our solicitor vowed that they would sort all of this out for us but didn't. In the end we had to go to the Wednesday morning Council Office session held in PP and do it ourselves, this January. We set up the DD and paid last year's bill, 356 euros, which they printed out for us to take to the bank to pay. Our solicitor had also arranged for an auditor type of firm to assess our property tax. They charged us 230 euros to do the work and the actual tax bill was 38 euro (19 each) LOL! We will be looking at an alternative for that. But neither of the tax people sent a bill. Interesting approach. Nobody seemed too worried though, except us.

rebel 17-02-2017 11:46

We've purchased a couple of times in the port, and the property agents selling the property sorted out the change of utility bills, taxes, etc. with our bank for us at no cost it was part of the service, is that not the case now.

graham 16-05-2018 17:26

Paying bills is a minefield. Does anyone know anyone local who can help with queries to Utility companies (I seem to pay a huge amount), and can explain the income tax situation? I pay my local taxes by DD, but every now and then my solicitor gives me a figure for income tax handwritten on a bit of paper and asks me to pay it to him! He then gives me a hand written receipt. Nothing official whatsoever. I'm not suggesting he's anything but honest, but it does seem a crazy way of doing it!

Anyone know a better way?

Bircho 16-05-2018 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by graham (Post 122739)
Paying bills is a minefield. Does anyone know anyone local who can help with queries to Utility companies (I seem to pay a huge amount), and can explain the income tax situation? I pay my local taxes by DD, but every now and then my solicitor gives me a figure for income tax handwritten on a bit of paper and asks me to pay it to him! He then gives me a hand written receipt. Nothing official whatsoever. I'm not suggesting he's anything but honest, but it does seem a crazy way of doing it!

Anyone know a better way?

That will be the annual tax that is due each December. Can really recommend this person for this. http://spanishtaxforms.co.uk

Will work it out for you and do the paperwork which you can either pay yourself or arrange for them to do for you. This is the one bill you cannot pay from outside of the country - you or a representative has to present in person.

Council tax, refuse, energy, internet, etc etc etc can all be paid by dd.

alcanadakid 17-05-2018 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bircho (Post 122741)
That will be the annual tax that is due each December. Can really recommend this person for this. Spanish Tax Forms Ltd: Spanish Tax made easy!: Home

Will work it out for you and do the paperwork which you can either pay yourself or arrange for them to do for you. This is the one bill you cannot pay from outside of the country - you or a representative has to present in person.

Council tax, refuse, energy, internet, etc etc etc can all be paid by dd.

We pay our non resident tax by bank transfer, the details of which are submitted on the form itself. No need to be present