Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-01-2017, 18:55

Default Estate agents

I'm doing some research and wonder if people can give recommendations (or warn aways by PM) for agents who might have properties around 130000 Euros
Sponsored Links
Old 14-01-2017, 19:00

I think they all do! I would recommend the delightful Veronica at Mundo Mediterraneo, who helped us through our house purchase a couple of years ago. Extremely efficient and a lovely lady to boot!
Old 15-01-2017, 12:59

I presume you have looked on Rightmove to see what might be available.
Tomir likes this.
Old 15-01-2017, 16:34

I have known Maria Llamas at Living-pollensa for many years now,she would be a reliable help in finding an appmt. Her office is near the playground/cloisters in the town.Google her, she is there.
Old 24-03-2017, 06:46

I have decided that once my apartment is sold and I have bought my villa I will be making a list of agents and how useless they are. I will be putting this in numbering order. The problem will be deciding which one is top of the list for uselessness. 5% plus IVA is the charge. I fail to see how this money is justified. They ask me for photos and descriptions. They don't turn up when they say they will. If they do turn up they offer the world but you never hear from them again. If you do it's because you have contacted them to then be told your property is in the wrong place or to high in price although they told you the price in the first place. Then the person leaves so you start again with there replacement then they leave.Usually because they work on commission and they have been offered the world to but can't hack it. There has to be a better and cheaper way. I know names have been given as recommendations but I have yet to find a good one.The 2 above were only interested in getting the property on there books. Totally useless but not top of the list. I have many storys to tell but will do that later. There might just be a few red faces but may be they may realise that to charge what they do they have to be professional and they are not. This rant follows a awful week with Balearic Properties. They are heading for the top spot at the moment.
Teflon likes this.

Last edited by Tomir; 24-03-2017 at 06:56.
Old 24-03-2017, 18:00

We would agree with Sunny Sunshine and would highly recommend Veronica's from Mundo
Mediterraneano.
She helped us buy our apartment in Pinaret about 7 years ago
And then 2 years ago helped with the purchase of our beautiful Finca near to Campanet. A truly lovely professional lady.
Old 24-03-2017, 20:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG View Post
We would agree with Sunny Sunshine and would highly recommend Veronica's from Mundo
Mediterraneano.
She helped us buy our apartment in Pinaret about 7 years ago
And then 2 years ago helped with the purchase of our beautiful Finca near to Campanet. A truly lovely professional lady.
Funny how people's opinions can differ so much. I found this women to be anything but professional. The day she visited me it was raining. She was more concerned that her hair might get wet then looking at my property. She valued much lower than any of the other agents and seemed to have little idea of the block just speaking generally. She then became quite annoyed when challenged about her valuation and stormed off never to be heard from again! Yes that is professional!
Old 24-03-2017, 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomir View Post
Funny how people's opinions can differ so much. I found this women to be anything but professional. The day she visited me it was raining. She was more concerned that her hair might get wet then looking at my property. She valued much lower than any of the other agents and seemed to have little idea of the block just speaking generally. She then became quite annoyed when challenged about her valuation and stormed off never to be heard from again! Yes that is professional!
Do you find her un-professional because of her hair getting wet or the value she put on your property, as you've said in other posts agents over value property to get them on there books, so maybe she is right with the valuation.
Old 24-03-2017, 22:47

I sense some sparks are going to fly with this one! no pun intended.
Old 24-03-2017, 22:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel View Post
Do you find her un-professional because of her hair getting wet or the value she put on your property, as you've said in other posts agents over value property to get them on there books, so maybe she is right with the valuation.
Well seeing as I sold this afternoon at the asking price I think that answers your question!!

I didn't consider her unprofessional as her hair was wet or by her under valuation. I found her attitude and storming off when questioned plus lack of knowledge unprofessional. Of course as you have taken such notice in my previous posts I assume the same with this one so can only conclude that the remarks to be provoking!
Jimbo the Jambo likes this.
Old 24-03-2017, 22:59

By and large I do agree with you Tom, fees at 5% are ridiculous especially with valia tax to pay as well!
Tomir and driftwood like this.
Old 24-03-2017, 23:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquet View Post
By and large I do agree with you Tom, fees at 5% are ridiculous especially with valia tax to pay as well!
The fees charges are ridiculous! The agent who has sold my apartment today actually wanted 6% but accepted 5% as I had verbally agreed this. It is a lot of money. The lawyer is charging 1% plus IVA These costs need to be taken into consideration. We need a Purple Bricks in Mallorca!
Jimbo the Jambo and driftwood like this.
Old 24-03-2017, 23:22

Yes you are correct. Ive paid 5%agent,1% lawyer plus sustantial valia tax all plus IVA at 21% and tax on any capital gains you may have made.
I could have had cruise and a new BMW!
Gp1602 and driftwood like this.
Old 25-03-2017, 10:24

I am currently dealing with Chris Stanley, from Kensington/Rodemann & Wood. He has gone out of his way to help us. Very highly recommended.

Lee
Old 25-03-2017, 16:51

I too am dealing with Kensington/Rodeman Woods and they have been very prompt and professional. The owner is coming to meet us personally when we are out April. Of the estate agents I have dealt with and am dealing with currently we can only speak highly of. No issues in the past or currently.