Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Lorenzo
  • 1 Post By Lorenzo
  • 1 Post By alcanadakid
  • 1 Post By Mark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-04-2014, 11:19

Default Freight out to PP.

Can anyone help with suggestions for a Freight / courier company that deliver out to PP.
I seem to be getting nowhere online.
May be finger trouble but would appreciate any help
Thanks JandJ
Sponsored Links
Old 21-04-2014, 11:52

Webbs Removals are very good if you are in need of moving large items/household goods to Mallorca.

Also if you just need to send suitcases or large boxes of items, you can also use Sendmybag . com and they offer a door to door service for a modest price. On the recommendation of another forum member, I used this service recently and it was excellent!
whaleywanderer and eleanor like this.
Old 21-04-2014, 12:57

whites removals also deliver items to mallorca pp , we used them to deliver a whole load of stuff to pp
Old 21-04-2014, 13:13
Super Moderator

You will find the link to Webbs here :- Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca (Majorca) - Property Services.

Parcels2go.com are also very good for boxes of stuff.

Last edited by Sparky; 21-04-2014 at 13:16.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:46

I want to send a suitcase out in advance of getting to our our villa in September. We need it to be there before we arrive. The only problem is that there will be no one in the villa to receive it before we get there.

I've thought about using sendmybag.com and getting them to deliver to Ideal, but Ideal open from 9-4pm and Sendmybag won't stipulate a time - they just say anytime between 9-6pm.

So...questions: a) anyone used sendmybag and are they any good? b) is there anywhere in the port that can receive bags between 9am-6pm so that I can pick up when I get there? c) Any other recommendations????
Old 08-08-2016, 08:36

Only people I can think of is Multi Hire
Old 08-08-2016, 09:52
Banned

I would agree with MdR. I've ordered stuff off the internet before and had it delivered there. We agreed a small "goodwill" fee for the service.
Both parties happy.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
I want to send a suitcase out in advance of getting to our our villa in September. We need it to be there before we arrive. The only problem is that there will be no one in the villa to receive it before we get there.

I've thought about using sendmybag.com and getting them to deliver to Ideal, but Ideal open from 9-4pm and Sendmybag won't stipulate a time - they just say anytime between 9-6pm.

So...questions: a) anyone used sendmybag and are they any good? b) is there anywhere in the port that can receive bags between 9am-6pm so that I can pick up when I get there? c) Any other recommendations????
I am very happy to recommend Sendmybag.com and have used their service several times. It was recommended to me by a lovely member of this forum. A large suitcase weighing up to 30 kilos costs around £32 The suitcase was collected by a DHL courier from my house and was fully trackable until it turned up at my apartment in Mallorca. I always arrange for the delivery to be the day after I arrive so I can be sure to be at home for the delivery. A little tip I have learned is to hand write my phone number in large writing on the label attached to the case just in case the delivery driver decides to phone in advance of turning up. Many of them do!
As I usually send out linen and heavy items for my apartment in the suitcase, I empty it and then take it to the Allen Graham Charity shop so that they can sell the suitcase on.
LK1960 likes this.

Last edited by Lorenzo; 08-08-2016 at 14:16.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:24

We often post small parcels to our house in Mallorca using Royal Mail. We buy the boxes in WH Smith and then just post them. It is usually about £15 for their largest box. It takes about 5-6 days and if we are not there then we get a card through the letterbox asking us to collect at the post office.

We often post 2 or 3 parcels together to overcome their maximum weights and sizes.

It works well for us.
kate1 likes this.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:50

I will be interested to hear how your Sendmybag experience goes.

I watched the original quest for funding on Dragons Den and was surprised that none of them thought it was a good idea. Then again if they had of done, they would have demanded far too much equity to make it worthwhile for the owner to part with.

They use reputable couriers (DHL, UPS etc ) so shouldn´t be a problem if you are there when they pick it up and they have somewhere with a flexible timetable to receive the goods.

I´m sure Multi Hire would like to add another string to their bow of services.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:28

Do SendMyBag only handle actual bags - or is it possible to send boxes of a certain size/weight?
Old 12-08-2016, 11:03

Copy and pasted from sendmybag website FAQ:

What can I send?

Whilst our name would suggest you can only send bags, we're happy to accept sturdy cardboard boxes and correctly prepared sports equipment as well as suitcases. Plastic boxes and plastic bags (including laundry bags) of any type are not acceptable.

Please bear in mind our service is designed for sending clothing, shoes, books and other items which do not require additional packaging when placed in a suitcase.

If you choose to send non-standard excess baggage items you must ensure the items are packaged thoroughly and appropriately for transportation through an automated network. Your suitcase or box may be stacked with other items and will move on automated belts and slide down sorting chutes.

Non standard excess baggage items such as electricals (TVs, PCs, Printers etc) and furniture (including flat pack) are sent at the owner's risk and are excluded from cover against damage, see our Terms of Service for more information.

While all items are handled with care, your item will move through the automated network as described above and as such we do not recommended sending items made of materials such as glass or porcelain, regardless of the level of packaging. 'Fragile' or 'this way up' stickers cannot be adhered to by the automated network.

While damage of any type is rare, complimentary cover cannot extend to damage to sports equipment or musical instruments unless they are prepared within manufacturer guidelines and sent within either a freight approved case. If using a standard soft sided or hardshell carry case this should be securely packaged within a double walled cardboard box.

Hope that helps.
Lorenzo likes this.