Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SandySunshine
  • 1 Post By P&C@29
  • 1 Post By kate1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2014, 17:37

Default Dog walking in Puerto Pollensa

Hi there
My husband, dog (very well-behaved German Shepherd) and I are moving to PP early next year (hopefully! - building work to be done on our house first!!!) and for the last few trips we have been trying to find some decent - 1hr plus - dog walks but unfortunately we have encountered a lot of 'no perros' signs

Can anyone help us out please? We have our next trip out in May, so could check out any walks then.

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-05-2014, 15:39

I've just moved here with my Labrador and struggling to find good walks. Any ideas?
Old 15-05-2014, 21:23
Banned

Maybe looking at "Google earth" would help show you some areas? Mallorca is full of good walking routes.

Unless of course you mean/want dog specific ones?
Old 20-05-2014, 13:34

Hiya
There are of course lots of beautiful walks in the Puerto Pollensa area, but the problem is often that about half-way round the walk, you may suddenly come across a 'no perros' sign as the walk crosses someone's land for instance, so you have to turn round and go back. So I guess, yes, we would be looking for specifically dog-friendly walks!
Old 21-05-2014, 12:40

This is easier in the winter than the summer!
I used to walk around La Gola natural park and if you go off the path you can ramble around there for about an hour. Also taking the sea road out towards the beach which is infront of the old hostel Posada de Verano, I used to walk my GSD on the beach there in winter months and no problem, I also found the no dogs sign on the walkway along there which I did find rather strange!
Pollensa is easier than Puerto Pollensa actually as the lovely Cala Boquer walk does not allow dogs, not sure but maybe the Cala San vicente walk does. Failing that its a case of walking around the ring road...
Please consider supporting our DOGSFORU rescue home for German Shepherds, based in Inca, we always needs volunteers.... and if you would like a second GSD we can also help. haha
Old 23-05-2014, 17:54

Many thanks for your reply JMD40 I realise it's definitely easier in winter than in summer - I think our GSD may be inclined to fit in with an early on-lead walk in the summer and flake out in the garden for the rest of the day - he doesn't really do hot!
Your other ideas are a great place to start though, thanks again. Oh and yes, I have already discovered the DOGSFORU website - much to my husband's chagrin! I will be hotfooting it out to Inca when we finally move out to PP to to offer my services and maybe even consider a new friend for our dog!
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 07-07-2014, 20:11

Wow, sorry for the delay... high season does not give me time to keep in touch with the world. That would be fantastic to have some extra help there and if you could foster or adopt a dog even better. We are full to the brim at the moment with some truly beautiful dogs... even a beautiful one year old dog with wolf heritage! I am happy to meet you when you want to come along.. meanwhile if you would like to sign up for ^teaming¨ (one euro donation a month) that would be most appreciated too. JAN
Old 16-10-2014, 18:11

Hi again
Sorry but haven't been on here for a while, so was unaware you had replied. Just to let you know I have already signed up for teaming My husband and son will be coming over at the end of November to try and get things moving with our house renovations (!!!) and will be visiting Dogs for U at Inca to meet the dogs.
Old 18-10-2014, 16:02

We have been to La Gola a couple of times and there was so much dog poo along the paths we haven't bothered to go again. It was horrible. Whilst there are good dog owners I am sure like the members posting here, there are a large number who spoil it for everyone by leaving dog mess everywhere. It is more likely to be residents than holidaymakers of course but even so it is a big problem in PP
Old 18-10-2014, 18:15
Banned

You are so right tangofan. The ignorance of some dog owners and it is indeed a big problem in PP. Unfortunately the authorities are so spineless when it comes to punishing those owners who don't clear up after their dogs.

If people were to see the effects that dog faeces can have on children they might have a different attitude.
Old 20-10-2014, 11:16

Angry Dog mess

We have been visiting PP for over 30yrs but we were disgusted at the amount of dog mess in and around PP. The worst areas are streets behind the church and along the main road at the back of town.
On a more pleasant note the food and service we receive in PP is second to none. We would pick out the Brisa Marina, Los Faroles and Can Ferra as the best.
tangofan likes this.
Old 20-10-2014, 16:46

It is very annoying - about the only thing I don't like about PP - however, having said that we were at a Suffolk coastal resort this weekend and were absolutely horrified by the amount of dog poo on the pavements. It happens on a regular basis in my home town too - where the council even go to the trouble of providing special dispensers for poo bags in all the parks. It only takes one or two individuals to decide they can't be bothered to clear up after their pets…. Anyway, don't want to hijack the thread - I'm sure the original poster is a very responsible dog owner (as are 95% of us!)
Sparky likes this.