Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By eleanor
  • 2 Post By Brisbane
  • 1 Post By JMD40
  • 1 Post By The Wob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-06-2013, 14:44

Default Long term property rental wanted for 2014

Hola! I've finally made the decision to leave the UK and bring the fella with me to Mallorca. However before we buy a property or a business, we need to make sure we're doing the right thing and just come over to Puerto Pollensa next year and get jobs for the summer. think of it as a 'try before you buy' scenario. So what we need is an apartment, or small house to rent long term for say February 2014 for at least until October or maybe even longer. What agencies would you recommend? or am I better just door knocking on all the places with a 'for rent' sign on the window?
I'll be out in August this year for a week to do a bit of viewing. I'd really appreciate some advice......
Sponsored Links
Old 28-06-2013, 14:51
Super Moderator

Hi Emski i think you are very wise to "try before you buy", PP is very different in winter and if you have only been here in season it could be a bit of a shock.
Do have a look at this link for rental agents in the area Rent Villas, Apartments from Agents in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca .
Old 07-07-2013, 09:01

If you google Amco House Mallorca you will find a lot of long term rentals. Andy who runs the business is British so you won't have any problems with the language or the Spanish rental contracts. We used them to move over to Pollenca in May & they sorted everything with no problems at all.. Good luck.
Old 14-07-2013, 07:43

Hello there, How exciting for you and it sounds like a very good idea to rent long term before confirming your decision. As Sparky says the resort is very different in February to as it is in July. I am afraid that during August it will be almost impossible to view properties that will be available for long term rental at a later date as they are probably occupied. Most long term rentals (11 month contracts) will become available during the winter months (Nov/Feb), however I do have a few on my books. There will be plenty of properties to choose from and prices have reduced over the last few years. If you would like to email me with your wish list regarding area, number of bedrooms, essential facilities like swimming pool, air con, lift, etc.etc. maybe we could meet up when you are over in August as I do handle long term rentals as well as summer rentals.

Last edited by Sparky; 14-07-2013 at 08:50.
Old 14-07-2013, 17:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD40 View Post
Hello there, How exciting for you and it sounds like a very good idea to rent long term before confirming your decision. As Sparky says the resort is very different in February to as it is in July. I am afraid that during August it will be almost impossible to view properties that will be available for long term rental at a later date as they are probably occupied. Most long term rentals (11 month contracts) will become available during the winter months (Nov/Feb), however I do have a few on my books. There will be plenty of properties to choose from and prices have reduced over the last few years. If you would like to email me with your wish list regarding area, number of bedrooms, essential facilities like swimming pool, air con, lift, etc.etc. maybe we could meet up when you are over in August as I do handle long term rentals as well as summer rentals.
Often thought of doing long term myself over the last few years, but cannot believe the cost for a one bedroom flat, as per your website is 2000 euros a month,???!!!, the same over the winter months?. Doesn't seem that long ago you could get a villa for about £650 per Month!!!!!
Old 14-07-2013, 18:24

That's a heck of a lot of money! Think I might rent our villa long term. £500 a week during the main holiday season sounds about right for a one bedroom but during the winter? I wonder if there is a mistake here?
SENOR CIGAR likes this.
Old 15-07-2013, 07:48

Regarding winter rental prices €2000 per month is definitely not right for a 1 bed apartment.

I stayed in the port from September last year until April this year and paid €550 per month for a penthouse 1 bedroom apartment on the front directly overlooking the south sandy beach with no additional bills to pay, I even had unlimited free WIFI. This was the rate between November and March with a slight increase in rate for the additional weeks either side.

I searched around for ages to get the best deal and made loads of enquiries. I'd say the average rate for a 1 bed apartment close to centre on a long term basis (I suppose 1 month or more...) during the winter would be around €450 per month, cheaper further out - Gotmar for example. Most charged for electricity on top and if you want an internet connection you would have to arrange this yourself no doubt. This was the main reason for my decision to take the one I chose, but there are others that offer free internet too...

On average take the weekly winter rate as advertised and expect a 50% reduction for long term.

Steve.
SENOR CIGAR and lollipop like this.

Last edited by Brisbane; 15-07-2013 at 08:05. Reason: Used a $ sign instead of € - oops!
Old 16-07-2013, 13:55

Ronnie, I would imagine that you were looking on my webpage under holiday rentals section! These are showing weekly prices. I have a seperate section on my homepage which is clearly marked long term rentals.
Average rental prices have reduced over the last 2 years, and a long term rental, for an annual rental has a price of between 400 - 550 euros a month, a 3 bedroom between 550 - 750 euros. Naturally, there is a great difference as it depends on the facilities available and whether this price includes water and community charges.
Stay calm!!
eleanor likes this.
Old 16-07-2013, 18:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD40 View Post
Ronnie, I would imagine that you were looking on my webpage under holiday rentals section! These are showing weekly prices. I have a seperate section on my homepage which is clearly marked long term rentals.
Average rental prices have reduced over the last 2 years, and a long term rental, for an annual rental has a price of between 400 - 550 euros a month, a 3 bedroom between 550 - 750 euros. Naturally, there is a great difference as it depends on the facilities available and whether this price includes water and community charges.
Stay calm!!
Sorry JMD40, but I did hit Long term rentals and have just so again and the first one that comes up is the 1 bedroom flat for 500 euros a WEEK!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:26

Default Long Term Rental in Gotmar from 3/10/2013

I might be able to help.

Preferably a forum member, so please pm me if interested.

Nigel Rawlins
JMD40 likes this.

Last edited by Sparky; 12-09-2013 at 14:18. Reason: Member contacted.
Old 26-09-2016, 11:49

well guys, I never did get around to renting in 2014, but we're ready for 2017! I'm coming back out in October to have a look at a couple of properties, but if you know of anything 2 bedroom or more, ideally more towards pinaret than the centre, with parking......
Old 26-09-2016, 13:12

We will have a 3 bedroom apartment with parking, available in Pollenca, if you have no joy in PP. Feel free to PM me, if you need more info. Thanks.

Last edited by Big Sal; 26-09-2016 at 13:13. Reason: incl. parking.
Old 26-09-2016, 19:07

Hiya Jan Dexter at Parasol Properties is great - she found a great apartment for my cousin for November to March - and at a very reasonable rent. Just google Parasol Properties, Puerto Pollensa.
Old 27-09-2016, 14:10

thanks Sandy, I tried adding on facebook and messaged them, nothing back as yet.