Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones

Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones Anything on telephones, mobiles, cybercafes, internet, post etc.

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2015, 10:30

Thank you Capvermell for your very helpful and informative posts.

However, can I point out that I quoted Mike Dublin regarding the post about the advice from the owner of Ocean TV, in the Majorca Daily Bullitin.

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 08-06-2015 at 12:40.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2015, 07:54

Default UK tv channels

As we'll be in PP for a month in Sept/Oct I am wondering what is the situation re receiving UK channels at the moment. There is a tv in the apartment we will be renting and had no problem a couple of years ago but reading posts on the forum it looks as if the situation has changed. (And being there for a month, we would like to watch some tv progs as cant be out gallivanting every night
Old 08-09-2015, 09:40
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
As we'll be in PP for a month in Sept/Oct I am wondering what is the situation re receiving UK channels at the moment. There is a tv in the apartment we will be renting and had no problem a couple of years ago but reading posts on the forum it looks as if the situation has changed. (And being there for a month, we would like to watch some tv progs as cant be out gallivanting every night
I believe it is still a bit hit and miss for some people especially in bad weather, but others are not having any problems at all. I would suggest that you contact the owner as only they will know what is happening in their apartment .
Old 08-09-2015, 12:21

Thanks Sparky - will do this
Sparky likes this.
Old 02-05-2016, 14:25

A word of warning
Certain satellite / tv engineers are selling a quick fix to the tv reception problem. This fix entails selling a satellite receiver which has been hacked with the security codes needed to access Intelsat 907 which is an emergency back up satellite for UK freesat. This satellite is not meant to provide tv service to the general public. Hacking is illegal. Intelsat 907 is due to be replaced within the next year. The access codes needed to use it are changed regularly.
Before handing over wads of cash for what appears to be a miracle cure make sure you know what you are getting. If you want to know more go to this link.
Intelsat 907 at 27.5 West - BBC SATBACK - The Sat and PC Guy - UK TV in Spain Sky Freesat IPTV
lollipop and Nick like this.
Old 25-06-2016, 08:08

After a frustrating 2 years with limited and very recently non existent SKY, I now have a full complement of channels including all the terrestrial ones! The picture quality is incredible all being in HD. The guy who came round and installed the system was very helpful and had it all up and running in under an hour. I paid €85 for the installation and now subscribe €40 a month for the subscription...its cheaper than it was when having a SKY box....and the beauty is I no longer need the ugly oversize dish on my roof anymore. Every channel you can name I now receive....it really is fantastic. skytvmallorca@outlook.com is their contact details if you need info or want it installed. It really is fantastic.
Bekki likes this.
Old 26-06-2016, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
After a frustrating 2 years with limited and very recently non existent SKY, I now have a full complement of channels including all the terrestrial ones! The picture quality is incredible all being in HD. The guy who came round and installed the system was very helpful and had it all up and running in under an hour. I paid €85 for the installation and now subscribe €40 a month for the subscription...its cheaper than it was when having a SKY box....and the beauty is I no longer need the ugly oversize dish on my roof anymore. Every channel you can name I now receive....it really is fantastic. skytvmallorca@outlook.com is their contact details if you need info or want it installed. It really is fantastic.
Is this via the internet?
Old 27-06-2016, 16:51

Do you have more details?

Like what kind of system is it?

Internet, satellite, etc.

If internet, what kind of speed do you need etc etc

Thanks

Chris
Old 03-07-2016, 12:23

Chris W / Alcanada Kid,

It is a small box that is run from the internet. You see all the same channels as SKY and probably an extra 500! It really is fantastic and the picture quality is HD and crystal clear. I'm not sure what internet download speed you need but my broadband in the house works just fine. You have a remote and access the channels in the same way you would as if it was SKY. There really is no difference. For the money too its great value. Its probably best contact the engineer who set up my installation.
skytvmallorca@outlook.com.
Old 26-09-2016, 12:51

Trying to get hold of Mike Edwards, who installed NowTV for us. Does anybody know if he is around? Thanks
Old 26-09-2016, 13:07
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracken View Post
Trying to get hold of Mike Edwards, who installed NowTV for us. Does anybody know if he is around? Thanks
Try messaging him on FB here :- https://www.facebook.com/mike.f.edwards.37?fref=ts .
Old 27-09-2016, 19:26

Hi All
I'm sure the answer to this question is on this topic somewhere but I can't find it.

We've got 200Mbs internet so it's super super fast.

When I'm out in PP I simply watch BBC iplayer and skyGo on the internet and connect it to my TV. Easy.

But when family and friends are out they want to watch UK terrestrial channels. (And they don't have VPN) Is there a way of doing that without a dish?
Old 27-09-2016, 20:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
Hi All
I'm sure the answer to this question is on this topic somewhere but I can't find it.

We've got 200Mbs internet so it's super super fast.

When I'm out in PP I simply watch BBC iplayer and skyGo on the internet and connect it to my TV. Easy.

But when family and friends are out they want to watch UK terrestrial channels. (And they don't have VPN) Is there a way of doing that without a dish?
Filmon is the answer. They have live BBC channels. Use your browser to find it. Depending on your TV make and model, it can be easy or fiddly to watch
graham likes this.
Old 27-09-2016, 22:15

Also look at camposat.tv
I find the interface less cluttered than filmon.
Picture quality will never be as good as live tv of course.
Molt de Renou likes this.
Old 28-09-2016, 11:58

If you have an android phone or tablet you could "sideload" Mobdro. If you have a smart tv with wifi connection you can then cast the signal to your tv. This will give you all the Sky channels amongst hundreds of other channels. Alternatively, if not smart tv there are other options depending on the model of your phone such putting a miracast dongle into the hdmi socket of the tv. Chromecast also works with Mobdro. You can also use a Slimport to put a direct wire from your phone to your tv (again dependant upon your model of phone) if you are not bothered about seeing trailing wires.
graham likes this.