Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones

Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones Anything on telephones, mobiles, cybercafes, internet, post etc.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By bobley
  • 1 Post By Bircho
  • 1 Post By Bircho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2018, 21:23

Default JazzTelInEnglish Internet - Great service

One of the priorities when I moved in on the 28th was to sort the internet access so my lads can keep studying. On the 29th I went into town to watching the procession and got distracted by the english voices coming out of the U Gallet bar. So in the next few minutes I met Neil the landlord, Chris who was helping on the bar and is a housekeeper for the folks 3 doors down from us and offered to look after our place, then I met Neils folks who gave me lots of info and finally Terry and Gary who suggested I either speak to Pedro at Confort or possibly look into Jazztel.

So on saturday I went down to the port to see Pedro and he immediately told me that as I had fibre to premises that I should go to Movistar so I bought a nice frying pan from him and walked into the Movistar shop (tried not to loo threatening holding a frying pan ;-) ). They could only offer the €80/month tariff and wouldn't talk about the €30/month intro deal on the web at the time so there was no way I was signing up to that given the issues many folks have trying to escape!!

I came back and pondered some more and looked at the movistar web offer but it needs a spanish mobile no which I didn't have at the time so I parked it again until monday. So by monday one of my lads had arrived and was pressuring me to get the internet sorted so I remembered the Jazztel suggestion. I googled it and found a website called Jazztelinenglish . I hit the contact me button and I got a call from a nice lady called Amanda. This was followed up by an email from her with suggestions and it turns out that Jazztelinenglish is a facade for Fortec Communications who we've had good dealings with before in a previous Spanish mainland adventure... anyway they were placing clients with Tiekom and getting discounts and within 24hrs I'd "photoshopped" my signature onto their contract and they put a fibre router in the post. All emails from Tiekom in english. The router arrived friday (amazed the Correos postman calls back an hour after trying to deliver while I was in Palma). So that left me wondering when the engineer was going to call to configure the connection.

Well I woke up this morning and was having a coffee when my (UK) mobile rang and it was a Tiekom agent from Madrid (great english) saying the engineer was in the street and would it be okay to come round now. Yep!

So it's taken a week to sort and I'm now connected to the Movistar fibre network with a Movistar router for the princely sum of €45.90/month + €66 installation (that includes a landline which I wont use). It works a treat. I've got the whole place set up with TVs on netflix and amazon. Speakers running Google Home and VOIP from Vonage.

If you want UK TV channels then Tiekom will sort that too for €20-25 / month.
El Gordo, Lorenzo and Gp1602 like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2018, 10:11

Nice one Bobley.....thanks for sharing! Ive been looking at the options and based on the fact that we are not going to be able to use the house beyond a few weeks a year currently, have decided to forgo the wifi and use 4g instead. Still working on my sat TV signal with the help of Confort and hoping to get my Sky box working. Have got Pedro booked for a visit when we return.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:50

Movistar fusion#0 is €48 per month (3 month contract) with no installation fee - includes 50mb fibre, landline and 2 mobile lines with a few hundred minutes (combined) and 2gb date on the main line.

Just saying - €2 a month more to save on the installation fee (even if you don't use the landline and mobile - although when in Spain it is useful to dial Spanish numbers like the community agent)
Old 10-04-2018, 13:19

Yeah, I didn't bother typing out what happened when I tried to call up about that. It didn't end well. I know it's my fault for not learning Spanish but I've got enough on my plate.

The point is that I hit one button on the Jazztelinenglish website, they called me, gave me all the options and sorted it out.
Old 10-04-2018, 13:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post
Yeah, I didn't bother typing out what happened when I tried to call up about that. It didn't end well. I know it's my fault for not learning Spanish but I've got enough on my plate.

The point is that I hit one button on the Jazztelinenglish website, they called me, gave me all the options and sorted it out.
Movistar do have an English speaking team that you contact by email. If you put your message in the contract form on their website they do get back to you pretty quickly.

Alternatively you can call them and the first break in the answerphone message just say "English" - if you don't get through to the English operator just keep saying "English" each time the message stops. You do get transferred through to the English team.

Not trying to promote Movistar by the way - just showing the alternative.
lollipop likes this.
Old 10-04-2018, 19:10

Interesting to hear about Jazztelinenglish. We've had Pedro out too and a couple of trips so far to Moviestar. He too directed us to Moviestar. Our best option currently would have to be Moviestar as the previous people had the router etc but again the price quoted was pretty high. We will look into Jazztelinenglish as this might be an option.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:06

Here you go:

ADSL + TV con FUSIÓN #0. Oferta Fusión#0 - 900 103 183 - Movistar

No contract no minimum term.

If you only have a NIE number I don't think you can do it online but if you go through the chat room they will give you the details for the English speakers. We booked one day and it was installed the next.
lollipop likes this.
Old 19-02-2019, 10:02

Bobley - we need to install internet in an apartment we bought last year. It has a phone line but not connected. When you called Jazztel did you have a line already setup or did they sort all of that for you?
Or if anyone else can help that would be good.
Thanks
Old 19-02-2019, 18:04

I had a copper and fibre into the premises already. I dont think it's very hard to fit the fibre though if it's already in the street. Can you see any sign of the big grey boxes with black connectors in the bottom? Alternatively, worst case, I think you can still get 10 meg on copper if it's not far to the exchange. I certainly saw a few Fibre boxes on the street when I was down there yesterday.
Old 19-02-2019, 20:59

Thanks. Fibre is in our street I believe, I will give them a call. Thanks for your original post - just what I needed ��