Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones

Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones Anything on telephones, mobiles, cybercafes, internet, post etc.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2016, 21:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
It you already have an ADSL router it might be worth piggybacking it to the Movistar router. By doing this with our TP Link router we increased the download speed on wifi from 30Mb/s to 100Mb/s. This was on the advice of the Movistar engineer.Apparently the Movistar router has a wifi limit of 30Mb/s.

However 30Mb/s is fast enough for vitually everything.

If you do want to piggy back the routers then you will need a special cable that looks like an ethernet cable but has more connection pins. Not sure what it is called,
Thanks, will have a look when next out.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2016, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
We have a Samsung TV and watch Filmon when weather bad.we access through the web Filmon.com
We used to get it on another Samsung smart TV that we have, but on the new one we can't even get it by going through internet on the TV. We can access the site, but when we try to pick BBC it just reverts back to the previous option screen.

It might be some thing to do with certain Samsung models or is a new problem with all Samsung TVs. Certainly if you google the problem there is a lot of discussion about it.

However, there is now supposed to be a Samsung App,

see
FilmOn App released for Samsung TV
lollipop likes this.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:45

Default Samsung and Skype

Just a note to those who may use the Skype app on certain Samsung smart TVs, as from June Skype will not be supporting the app and Samsung have inferred that the app will be deleted from their line up on Smart Tvs.

I'm not a happy bunny having recently invested in a 6 series and a 5 series Samsung Tv and a comparatively expensive camera which will only work on certain Samsung TVs.(ie. it becomes redundant)

Fingers crossed Samsung will leave the app on their line up, all be it with no future updates forthcoming from Skype.

The fact the advertising material for their TVs is still showing the Skype app is even more annoying, considering my most recent purchase - the 5 series - was only a month ago.

It occurs that Microsoft now owns Skype - I'm sure this has nothing to do with closing the Samsung Skype app...

Is there as Trading Standards Officer in the house?

Last edited by clinkham; 07-04-2016 at 10:50.
Old 14-04-2016, 11:01

May I ask what you are all paying for the basic fibre optic internet connection and phone line ?.

Thanks
Nick likes this.
Old 14-04-2016, 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molt de Renou View Post
May I ask what you are all paying for the basic fibre optic internet connection and phone line ?.

Thanks
€58 per month
glentobay likes this.
Old 14-04-2016, 18:45
Banned

Am I right in thinking though, certainly when I enquired, that at that price you also got a very good deal on a Spanish mobile phone usage?
Old 14-04-2016, 18:57

We have the fusion pro package which includes a mobile phone with unlimited texts and calls to national numbers and internet to 3GB. I think our bill this month which includes UK calls, maintenance and a deal which gives us cheaper international calls was about 78 euro.
Old 14-04-2016, 19:32

Thanks to both of you. Presume price includes IVA ?

Has anyone availed themselves of the log on log out service they offer when you are not here ?

If so, does it work as they say it should ?
Old 14-04-2016, 19:35

The mobile 3 GB is certainly a good deal. I pay around € 25 for 2 GB.
Old 15-04-2016, 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molt de Renou View Post
Thanks to both of you. Presume price includes IVA ?

Has anyone availed themselves of the log on log out service they offer when you are not here ?

If so, does it work as they say it should ?
Yes it includes IVA, but I have not used their log on service
Old 15-04-2016, 11:49

Thanks for that
Old 15-04-2016, 21:28

This is a really useful discussion and a very current issue. We have our broadband & phone land line with EWTelco. I think this piggy backs on Telefonica but not sure. We have our own Draytek router set up to enable us to connect to our business in UK. I am interested in fibre optic service and know that our neighbour in Bellresguard has fibre optic installed with 30Mb download speed. Any advice welcome on whether we need to consider changing service provider (Telefonica / Moviestar / other/?) - I liked the sound of the reutllisation of owners existing router as well. We do not require mobile phone service. It would be really beneficial to be able to communicate in English as partly that is why we cchose our current provider - that and the low cost.
Old 16-04-2016, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by glentobay View Post
This is a really useful discussion and a very current issue. We have our broadband & phone land line with EWTelco. I think this piggy backs on Telefonica but not sure. We have our own Draytek router set up to enable us to connect to our business in UK. I am interested in fibre optic service and know that our neighbour in Bellresguard has fibre optic installed with 30Mb download speed. Any advice welcome on whether we need to consider changing service provider (Telefonica / Moviestar / other/?) - I liked the sound of the reutllisation of owners existing router as well. We do not require mobile phone service. It would be really beneficial to be able to communicate in English as partly that is why we cchose our current provider - that and the low cost.
I can't speak for the other providers but Movistar (which is Telefonica) have been very good. There is always someone who can speak English in their call centre.

When we piggybacked our router on to the Movistar router it was to enable a quicker Wifi speed within the house, so I am not sure whether that would meet your requirements linking your router to your UK business. It might but I am not sure
Old 21-04-2016, 11:28

We decided to bite the bullet and have broadband installed so popped into the Movistar shop on Joan XXIII on Tuesday morning. The girl there was very helpful and told us about the different packages available, television, no television etc plus one where you could have it for just 3 months then cancel and reactivate later. She said if we signed up now it could be installed on Friday. We said we would think about it. So we had a little think overnight and decided to just go for normal broadband but for all year round at 58.40 euros a month. Not the world’s cheapest but we paid that each to eat at IRU on Monday night so … Anyway, we popped back on Wednesday morning and signed up. She said that someone would call us but we needed a Spanish telephone number as they don't call UK mobiles. We asked her to ring our Administrators and speak to Georgina who would then ring us on our UK mobile. Being Wednesday, we strolled back through the market, bought some stuff, had a coffee at Mojitos came home had lunch on the balcony. I love PP. At 5:30 the same afternoon, the phone rang and it was Georgina telling us that “the lad from Movistar” was at the gate and could we let him in. An hour and a half later, whiz bang and we have very fast, fully functioning broadband. Wow! 10 out of 10 for Movistar service.
pollensa, sws97sdg and Sparky like this.
Old 21-04-2016, 12:46

So you didn't go for the activate / reactivate service ?