Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 15:22
Under Moderation

Default Looking for Toddler friendly villa

We haven't visited PP before but have had it recommended to us by friends and it sounds ideal for us.

We are planning to visit next July, by which time our kids will be 4, 2 and a half and around 10 months. Realistically we will be staying 'in' most nights after they are in bed but would ideally like a garden to sit out in (and for the boys to play in during our stay). We'll be there with the kids grandparents so we'll need 3 bedrooms.

Our problem is, that all of the villas we have so far looked at seem to have swimming pools in the garden - great for when the kids are pool safe but not so good for the age they will be when we go.

The best of all worlds would be a pool which is gated but, failing that, we would be happy with a villa without a pool but with a (road safe) garden.

Any recommendations from previous visitors (or property owners/agents) would be much appreciated - please pm me.

Thanks in advance

Craig
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2010, 18:31

We've been staying in villas in the area since my daughter was 9 weeks old. I have two children and we've holidayed in villas with pools right through their toddler years. They're now 14 and 10. We were extra vigilant around the pool (I remember my daughter wearing a lifejacket at a villa in Cala San Vicente when she was two) and made sure that when we were all in the villa, the outside doors were locked so the children couldn't wander outside without us knowing.

I have never seen any villas with gated pools in PP but maybe if you called one of the Villa companies they might know of one and be able to recommend it for you. I would take a look at Villa Plus, Villa Parade, James Villas or Villas4you. Last year in France, there was an alarm on our pool and it would sound if anyone went in without it being switched off first. It would switch on if no-one had been in the pool for about 20 minutes and was brilliant. I'm not sure whether any pools have this as an extra. Apparently it's the law in France.

I would definitely recommend a villa - for total freedom, loads of space for the children to enjoy themselves and the luxury of a private pool.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:58

Hi - we stayed at a great villa between PP and Pollensa old town - it was pretty expensive but it had a gated pool. It was called C'an Xaloc - it is on with a company called owner's syndicate- you can search on their website specifically for a gated pool - the villa had three bedrooms one of which was enormous and we had our 2 and 1/2 yr old and our 1yr old in cots in there with us - there was loads of space and a lovely large ensuite - there was also a family bathroom shared by the other 2 rooms. We shared the property with another couple and their child. It is all on one level and the outside areas are lovely with a great pool. The gate was easy to open which wasn't a problem as our children were so small and our friend's baby was only 6months but you could always take a combination lock to put on it.

We also stayed in a lovely apartment one year in the Llenaire area and that was great as it had a garden and was only one of 6 in the block - the pool was shared but we were very lucky and only one other family were there as it was fairly early in the season and the properties were privately owned - the children couldn't get to the pool but we could easily get to it as our garden was on the ground floor - we just picked them over the wall to save going inand out of the building. A small shared complex may suit you if you can get a ground floor apartment.

Hope this helps - we are back again on Saturday - can't recommend the area enough - it is fabulous - this time we have a villa with no gated pool but the children are 4 and 6 and are aware of the dangers - having said that we will of course be extra vigilant but I feel much more relaxed about it this time. Can't wait!!

Jo
Old 11-07-2010, 12:47
Founder

We ahve several villa companies listed on the main site Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca Holidays - Travel Companies whom you can contact & do make clear what it is you are looking for. Do report back on how you get on.
Old 11-07-2010, 19:10

Jomell - many thanks for the kind words, Can Xaloc is actually our villa! We don't often get feedback directly from clients so it's good to know you all had a nice time. (We do try to keep costs down, but what with all the maintenance, revamping etc most years we just about break even...I hadn't realised before we bought that the day to day running costs would be so expensive!)

We fitted pool gates because when we originally bought the villa our children were babies and I have to say they have been invaluable - complete peace of mind when the girls are playing outside and even now they are older and can swim it's good to know nothing awful can happen when our backs are turned. We stayed in loads of villas before we bought and none of them had pool gates, they are still a rarity. That French alarm system sounds a good idea though!
Old 11-07-2010, 19:30

Oh! What a beautiful place Kate.......(couldn't help having a peep!) you must just adore it!!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:35

I do love it -have to say I love it a lot more than our 'real' home back in the UK - it completely feels like home to me and always has done, ever since the day we first saw it. It's where my heart is! Hopefully one day in about ten years time we can move there permanently...
Old 12-07-2010, 22:04

Villa Los Pinos via Villa Plus has a gated pool, with added advantage of a 'beach' type sloping access to a good part of it, although main part is deep enough for diving. Handily placed, & well kitted out, we enjoyed our stay there in 2009. VP provided good service too. Price seemed to hike a bit for 2010, otherwise we would have gone there again.

2010 went to Strawberry Fields Forever, perfect location in Llenaire, excellent property, just no pool gate...
Old 14-07-2010, 18:36

We stayed at Los Pinos in 2005 and it was brilliant. 3 bedrooms, in Gommar and with a gated pool! It wa a bit pricey, but worth it. Have a look here Casa Los Pinos, Puerto Pollença, Mallorca, Villa Plus
Old 15-07-2010, 09:06

Your villa is beautiful Kate! Just the type of place I like to stay in, so is now firmly planted in the back of my mind for the next time I go down the villa route.
Old 03-02-2012, 18:39

Default Can Xaloc

Hi everyone!

We are a couple from Holland with two children aged 3 and 5. I came across a couple of posts regarding villa Can Xaloc in Pollensa and even found photos of it on the internet, but aren't able to find a rental agency that rents it out. Is the owner "Kate1" still active on this forum and if so, can you help me in finding out if it is for rent this spring? Thanks! Tineke Kruit
Old 04-02-2012, 07:25
Banned

Hi t k and welcome to the forum.

I've just checked for you and "kate1" is still a member. I think she posts quite often?

To find members look at the blue bar below your sign-in name at the top of the page then select "community" (third from the left) then "member's list" the it's all alphabetical. Very easy once you know !

Your command of English is very good by the way...........you put us Brits to shame !!
Old 04-02-2012, 16:34

Hi nickpaulanoah!

I'm not sure if I am actually answering your post, have to still figure out how to use this forum....Somehow, I can't get to the list you mentioned in your reply. I think it's because I am a new member and have to yet prove I am reliable...anyway, I am still hoping Kate1 will read this...

I will try another time to find the member list or email Kate1.

Thank you so much for answering, I didn't think someone out there would notice I had asked a question, hahaha, so I was very surprised!

I have an American mother! My English should be above average!
Old 04-02-2012, 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH02JLH View Post
We've been staying in villas in the area since my daughter was 9 weeks old. I have two children and we've holidayed in villas with pools right through their toddler years. They're now 14 and 10. We were extra vigilant around the pool (I remember my daughter wearing a lifejacket at a villa in Cala San Vicente when she was two) and made sure that when we were all in the villa, the outside doors were locked so the children couldn't wander outside without us knowing.

I have never seen any villas with gated pools in PP but maybe if you called one of the Villa companies they might know of one and be able to recommend it for you. I would take a look at Villa Plus, Villa Parade, James Villas or Villas4you. Last year in France, there was an alarm on our pool and it would sound if anyone went in without it being switched off first. It would switch on if no-one had been in the pool for about 20 minutes and was brilliant. I'm not sure whether any pools have this as an extra. Apparently it's the law in France.

I would definitely recommend a villa - for total freedom, loads of space for the children to enjoy themselves and the luxury of a private pool.
Hi!

Can anyone tell me if Pollensa would usually be sunny and warm at the end of April, beginning of May? I have found sites with average temperatures of course, and they seem to indicate it should be around 20 degrees celsius? Would it be nice enough to go to the beach with our children aged 3 and 5 and just play around with sea and sand? Too cold for an unheated swimming pool? Is there a particular part of Majorca that is warmer or colder than the rest? We were thinking of going to somewhere near to Pollensa as it seems to be where everyone is going and we've never been to Majorca before. We would like to go somewhere that has an authentic, not too touristy atmosphere, but with all necessary amenities. What do you think?
Old 04-02-2012, 17:23
Super Moderator

Tineke, hello and welcome to the forum. Have a look at these links, it will give you an idea of what to expect.

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...2010-a-26.html.
http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...2011-a-25.html

Last edited by Sparky; 04-02-2012 at 17:27. Reason: Added link.