Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 21:06

Default Disruption/Roadworks Around the Daina Hotel

Can anyone tell me what is going on around the Daina Hotel please? Mum and Dad (both around 70) are due to go on their annual visit at Easter and have had a letter from Portland Holidays telling them of possible 'dissruption'. Of course now they are worrying, especially about getting cases from coach to hotel. The letter also suggest that some public rooms are effected with dust. Any news will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2008, 22:26

When we were there at New Year the restaurant on the opposite corner to Daina was being demolished [I can't remember the name but it is beside Don Corleone]. It might be this work that is affecting Daina. If it is suitcases etc should not be a problem as the street betwen the site and Daina was open and accessible.
Old 07-03-2008, 22:35

Default Disruption/Roadworks around Daina Hotel

Cafe/restaurant next to Daina has been demolished.
At the back of the Daina, Tango too has been demolished.
I should think there will be some "disruption."
Old 09-03-2008, 12:42

Question I am here from 17th March 2008

What kind of disruption can I expect ?
any photo's, also can anyone suggest good local food bars, resturants and places with Music,

Thanks
Ian
Old 09-03-2008, 13:59
Founder

Hi Ian,

welcome to the forum.

Please can you try & post any questions in the appropriate forum i.e. if you'd like recommendations on where to eat etc. do post in the Eating & Drinkingforum as it makes it a lot easier for other users to find what they want. Also do read through the posts there first as you'll find loads of good advice already there.

Regards,

Webmaster
Old 09-03-2008, 14:19

Ian

Jane's restauraunt Threads in the Eating & Drinking Section will give you all the answers you need regarding eating out.

Here are the links:

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ead.php?t=2834

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ead.php?t=2833

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...read.php?t=623

Sharon
Old 11-03-2008, 19:47

It is just the annoyance of building work not any discruption. As `Frito´states, the sea front bar right next to Daina (ex Casinet) has been demolished and work is going on there - although this weekend there was a huge hose removing underground water from the site!! This, dependant on work going on during your stay, will cause noise and dust plus an unpleasant view. Directly behind Daina - the huge site of Tango and surrounding buildings (including lovely choc. bakers shop) have gone and this will eventually be turned into apartments as well as another Tangos!!! Further noise and dust from there.
In addition I noticed that the Daina this weekend had their sun terrace around the pool closed as they were re tiling the terrace - and the pool empty!!
However, the road is ok so no problem in getting the cases into the hotel for your elderly parents and dependant on the position of their room they may not be disturbed at all.
Old 11-03-2008, 20:07

Default Thanks for the Information

Looking forward to the Holiday next week

Ian Anderson
Old 11-03-2008, 20:21

Default Daina Hotel

Thanks for your help everyone, Mum and Dad were flooded out last summer and can not bear the thought of building work on holiday as well as at home so I think that they are transfering to the Uyal Hotel. Portland have been very understanding and I am glad that you have all helped with info rather than have them suffer whilst they are away. I hope the work will be done for when I get to PP in the summer.
Old 13-03-2008, 13:37

I have uploaded a couple of photos to my flickr account of the work beside hotel Daina, taken on February 24th 2008.

-
-

The apartments on the left of the photos have more of a problem than Daina.
(see the first floor apartment on the huge photo below)

larger size photo on flickr here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yo43yo/2321063615/sizes/l/

huge photo here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yo43yo/2321063615/sizes/o/

Mark.
Old 13-03-2008, 14:09

Wow! Fascinating photos! Thanks for posting them. We like to sit in front of the Daina in the summer with a drink and watch the world go by! Your photo shows a different side to the hotel at the moment!

Jane
Old 13-03-2008, 19:35

Such a shame The Daina bought El Casinet in the first place and for subsequently having the building demolished.

It was the best bar in the Port in my opinion and a great place to people watch..nothing else quite compares

Debs

Last edited by debz1; 14-03-2008 at 01:01.
Old 13-03-2008, 23:12

Default Hotel Daina

Thanks so much for those photographs. My wife and I will be staying at the Daina in April and, to be honest, it doesn't look quite as horrendous as some posts suggested.

Anyway, who cares! It's just great to be back in PP and all are favourite restaurants are demolition free!
Old 13-03-2008, 23:23

Default Thank You for the Pictures

Looking Forward to a Holiday from this Monday
Old 14-03-2008, 12:57

Default Thank you for the photos

Thanks for the photos, I am not sure whether to show them to Mum and Dad or not as they like to sit in the windows of the Daina and watch the world go by. They have now decided to stay at the Daina and not the Uyal as they go every year and love it, I think the waiters remember them and make a fuss. Clicked on the link to your other photos and they made me want to go back to PP before August. Just noticed aswell that you are just up the road from us at home Yo43yo.