Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Sis Pins??? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/13641-sis-pins.html)

varsp 09-10-2017 14:40

Sis Pins???

Not quite sure where to place this question, so Sparky please re-direct if you will.
I've heard that Sis Pins has been taken over by owners of the Capri. What changes, if any are to be made ?

ragdollabbi 09-10-2017 15:54

Not 100% sure but we had heard it had been taken over/about to be taken over by Cappuccino who already have the bar/restaurant there. Dread to think what accommodation will cost if that is the case:eek:

debz1 09-10-2017 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdollabbi (Post 120272)
Not 100% sure but we had heard it had been taken over/about to be taken over by Cappuccino who already have the bar/restaurant there. Dread to think what accommodation will cost if that is the case:eek:

I heard the same thing last week.

CathB 10-10-2017 15:49

I heard the same a few weeks back and that they've planned to refurbish next year

cumberland8 10-10-2017 19:01

We were told by a reliable source that Cappuccino were offered the hotel but had declined as they had overstretched themselve having just built a brand new hotel in Palma, so someone else may indeed have bought it. Hopefully not the Cappuccino group as the prices will quadruple.

varsp 11-10-2017 14:15

I'm sure whoever refurbishes Sis Pins will increase prices substantially. I think this may be our last summer that we will be able to afford to stay there !

scotslizzy 12-10-2017 13:32

Perhaps the Hoposa Group?

They already own quite a few hotels and this would add to their portfolio.
Economies of scale would hopefully mean prices would not rise too drastically .

Scotslizzy

Teacu 12-10-2017 20:12

scotslizzy - I think Hostal Bahia are in the Hoposa stable, have looked at their rates lately ? It's not a monopoly yet, but it could be drifting that way. We stayed in Sis Pins for a couple of nights last February and I think it cost just under Euros 50 per person, per night for B&B in a room with a balcony and sea view. IMO the attractions of Sis Pins are it's location, the fact that it's open all year round, and for some, it's ambience. You can't change it's location, but if you tamper with the other elements (and/or the price), it will be a shame..

Sparky 12-10-2017 21:39

Ever since Cappuccino moved in i have thought that the Sis Pins is no longer a hotel, without a resident's bar and dining room it is now a hostal so should only charge hostal rates. Just my opinion ;).

ragdollabbi 13-10-2017 10:23

We spent 4 nights in Sis Pins at the end of March and I have got to say I was a bit disappointed in the arrangements for breakfast. It was really cramped in the area where the buffet was and not enough space inside to eat. Luckily we had a couple of mornings where eating outside was possible. It would have been nice to have had a bar within the hotel to perhaps have a coffee or drink in the evening too.

scotslizzy 13-10-2017 11:57

Sad

We have stayed in the Sis Pins a number of times but not since it was taken over (not sure that's exactly correct) by Cappuccino .Was a great place but I agree with Sparky not the same place now. If the Hoposa group did buy it out then that would be the end of Cappuccino surely as they would not want to share the premises .

But as all this is speculation at the moment bets not get ahead of ourselves !

Scotslizzy

Sparky 13-10-2017 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotslizzy (Post 120313)

But as all this is speculation at the moment bets not get ahead of ourselves !

Scotslizzy

My thoughts exactly scotslizzy, rumours lead to confusion so it's always best to wait until we have the full facts :).

scotslizzy 14-11-2017 08:22

Any Update ?

Just wondering if there is nay more news on Sis Pins ?

Scotslizzy

Sparky 14-11-2017 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotslizzy (Post 120591)
Just wondering if there is nay more news on Sis Pins ?

Scotslizzy

Not heard anything but it's open as planned ;).

lollipop 14-11-2017 15:23

And offering discount on winter bookings.