Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2018, 16:35

The market is still quiet buoyant though. If you go to PollenÁa then you'll find plenty of houses for sale so you can dodge the "apartment" issue straight away... but you cant apply for a licence for anything at the moment. Having a house wont mean it's automatically going to get a licence as there are still hoops to jump though.

If you do have an apartment and let your friends and family use it then the authorities cant stop you anyway. Just make sure you dont let any idiots in who could annoy the neighbours and start arousing suspicion which is a sure fire way to get the authorities on you. Even if I did have a licence I would have reservations about putting my place on the open market so I think I'm happier to keep it for my family if they want to go out there. Having seen a few "second hand" apartments recently (look shiny enough on the estate agents website) you can certainly tell which ones have been rented out to the max even after a refurb and I found them a bit depressing.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2018, 12:59

Thanks, I dont think I would rent out to strangers, just friends and family. There seems to be a big difference in prices between say a Town House in Pollensa and a nice apartment in P Pollensa, both seem to have pros and cons.

Getting my head round prices is tricky even though in UK I am a property professional. Logic seems thin on the ground and I really get the feeling the Urban Myth about there being two prices ( one for those who know their stuff and one for gullible dreamers?) may have a grain of truth in it! I have a lot to learn before taking the plunge.
annascotland, Gp1602 and bobley like this.
Old 04-03-2018, 19:57

There are plenty of nice little houses in PollenÁa to choose from at a similar price to the port but I don't think you can go too far wrong. Tell you what, you buy a place in the port and we'll swap over next year for a trial period ;-)

Not sure about the pricing. I read (before we went in dec) that on the mainland you could offer 15-20% below asking. I mentioned this and it depends. If you catch a property maybe 6 months on the market still at it's original price then maybe 10% if they want to move but the two offers we put in and were accepted were at 5% off and we got all or some furniture at those prices.

There was a sweet little 2 bed place with several agents up for €300K but I was assured that we could've nabbed it for €250K (17% off).

You can get a lot of ground work done over the web but you cant beat getting over there and having a nosy. A lot of houses which look nice in the photos turned out to be little more than slums. There's one place (KNP06634 on Kensington) which looks lovely, and it's in a cracking location but it was wall to wall cat sh#t and mold when we went to look. The estate agent was so embarrassed it was almost funny - apart from she and I are both allergic to cats and spent most of our time standing on the roof talking...
annascotland likes this.

Last edited by bobley; 04-03-2018 at 20:10.
Old 05-03-2018, 16:19

Thanks, interesting stuff. I agree I need to be there in person, but all of the groundwork is needed to be completed before going to the bother of flying out only to be disappointed. My experience is that local agents in Spain make GB agents look like paragons of accuracy by comparison, and that's saying something! We may just rent for a while and get used to things on the ground.
Old 05-03-2018, 17:17

Iíve followed your conversation with great interest as we arrived in the Port today with the intention of finding a place to buy.

I Emailed a good number of the local estate agents with our wish list, and have had a very mixed response. Some clearly just threw together a random list of suggestions, others put a great deal of thought and helpful advice into their responses, whilst some have been as pushy as pushy can be, wanting to press us into viewings without advance property details.

So far Iíve selected the most promising three and have about 20 viewings to go at over the next three days. I suspect we may need to cast the net wider but itís extraordinary how many properties are listed with multiple agents.

Iím going into this well prepared and with eyes very, very wide open so it will be fascinating to see how we get on.

Iíll let you know.
Old 05-03-2018, 19:18

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
Iíve followed your conversation with great interest as we arrived in the Port today with the intention of finding a place to buy.

I Emailed a good number of the local estate agents with our wish list, and have had a very mixed response. Some clearly just threw together a random list of suggestions, others put a great deal of thought and helpful advice into their responses, whilst some have been as pushy as pushy can be, wanting to press us into viewings without advance property details.

So far Iíve selected the most promising three and have about 20 viewings to go at over the next three days. I suspect we may need to cast the net wider but itís extraordinary how many properties are listed with multiple agents.

Iím going into this well prepared and with eyes very, very wide open so it will be fascinating to see how we get on.

Iíll let you know.
It will be like shopping with the mrs in Meadowhall. You spend all day looking at loads of stuff and finish up buying the first thing you see
Rosie34, rebel and Bekki like this.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:48

That is very interesting. I'd be keen to see how you get on. Last time put there we contacted the agents and gave them our price range of up to £250000. After looking at a few I was bewildered and very suspicious about the Agents attitude. They were, to put it bluntly, full of "****" For example one young agent who was about 10, was keen to show us a town house near the steps in Pollensa. Nice enough house but needed work and was very very expensive. Turned out it has been offered with several agents for SEVEN YEARS, as our pals saw it originally and watched it ever since. That really set alarm bells ringing!
My view (and I stand to be corrected,) is that some families have a house they are really not bothered about selling, and place a silly price on it just in case a gullible buyer comes along and does not do due diligence.Or am I being cynical?
BTW what sort of thing are you after?
Old 06-03-2018, 18:32

Thanks guys. I suspect you may be correct.....the first property we visited seriously ticked a lot of boxes. But a way to go yet.

We want a property in the Port with 3 double bedrooms and a roof terrace, with access to a pool. Iím amazed by how many agents think that a single room with bunk beds equates to a double!

Still, itís a project we are very lucky to have. By the way, thanks to recommendations on this Forum, we met with Tony de la Cruz who we have no hesitation in asking to act as our solicitor. Once again this Forum has been a massive help.
debz1, sws97sdg, lollipop and 1 others like this.
Old 06-03-2018, 22:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky230 View Post
That is very interesting. I'd be keen to see how you get on. Last time put there we contacted the agents and gave them our price range of up to £250000. After looking at a few I was bewildered and very suspicious about the Agents attitude. They were, to put it bluntly, full of "****" For example one young agent who was about 10, was keen to show us a town house near the steps in Pollensa. Nice enough house but needed work and was very very expensive. Turned out it has been offered with several agents for SEVEN YEARS, as our pals saw it originally and watched it ever since. That really set alarm bells ringing!
My view (and I stand to be corrected,) is that some families have a house they are really not bothered about selling, and place a silly price on it just in case a gullible buyer comes along and does not do due diligence.Or am I being cynical?
BTW what sort of thing are you after?
A property may well have sold but remain on the agents registers. I sold one of my properties last summer it still remains on 2 agents websites after I have asked for it to be removed.

Selling a property in Spain can not be compared to selling in the UK. The market is different often being one of second homes. This means buyers are not around all the time but may be seasonal. The best time to buy is the start of the holiday season or the end. During the summer the number of property available to view become limited as often they are rented out. This means although a property may ( or may not) have been for sale for 7 years it is not the same as being for sale for 7 years in the UK. In terms of availability for viewing when added up it may well be that the property has only been available to view for a few months over the winter time.

It is important to leave the UK in the UK and look at buying property and the agents as different. Yes agents do have the same property but that is because they charge a high sales commission 5%. They share there property and there buyers to make sure they get a part of that commission. Neither the seller or the buyer would be aware of this.
Lorenzo and Jimbo the Jambo like this.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:32

Thanks for that Tomir, interesting. I have a lot to learn obviously. On the one we saw in Pollensa however it hadn't been rented out it was too scruffy and unmodernised, clearly it was a try on. My concern is a lack of transparency; as a property pro in the UK I am mega careful before buying anything, so multiply that by 100 for Spain. But this Forum has people who know a lot more than me so I am very grateful for the replies as I try to get my head around this market.
Old 07-03-2018, 13:09

Hi Ricky
I think you may be over thinking this. Its actually quite simple really if you focus on what is important and what isn't. We completed on our house in PP in December BTW.

We wanted to be close to the beach. tick
we wanted a certain amount of space and communal pool. tick
we wanted it to fit into our budget. tick

I think you need to make a few decisions before wasting your time viewing umpteen properties, most of which won't be of interest. The prices are all over the place and will confuse you too.

Thats my opinion anyway.

debz1 and annascotland like this.
Old 07-03-2018, 17:44

I just agree that prices are ďall over the placeĒ but I am beginning to grasp what is and isnít a reasonable price.

Thereís plenty out there to look at and Iím not feeling negative about finding something we will like.

Fingers crossed!
Pina likes this.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:27

Default Apartments

All the "legal" ones are available.
Old 13-03-2018, 18:32

We want a property in the Port with 3 double bedrooms and a roof terrace, with access to a pool.

There’s plenty out there to look at and I’m not feeling negative about finding something we will like.

Hi Ricky, how many of the places you are looking at fulfill the requirement stated and fit into your budget? (asking price) Just wondering as I would have thought you might find about two, tops?
Old 15-03-2018, 16:10

Hi,typically looking at £200000-£250000 but I'm conflicted between Pollensa Town and P Pollensa. The old town is much more expensive but quaint(ish) but not much to do after every restaurant menu is exhausted, and only one decent (vertical) walk up to the Monastery. PP is lively and of course has the beach, and some lovely walks but a bit dead in the Winter so I'm told. Much better value though. Still researching!