Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree517Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-01-2018, 15:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
Scotslizzy, unfortunately no apartments can be offered for rental without a licence number so it unlikely many will be available this year. We have yet to see how long the application process will take and what conditions will be imposed to qualify for a licence.
This announcement is at least a start and shows the process is slowly moving forward.
Hi Paillon
Do you or anybody in the port know when they are likely to start the application process or the feeling from locals what the requirements are likely to be.
Regards
Rebel
annascotland likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 21-01-2018, 18:36

It won't be before July I understand. I am sure lawyers and possibly administrators will have the list of requirements which are many.
I have just done a simple google search on requirements for touristic licences/Illeslex and they are all listed.

Last edited by lollipop; 21-01-2018 at 18:59.
Old 21-01-2018, 20:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
It won't be before July I understand. I am sure lawyers and possibly administrators will have the list of requirements which are many.
I have just done a simple google search on requirements for touristic licences/Illeslex and they are all listed.
Hi Lolipop
Ive done some searches and most conflict depending on date is there a full requirement list passed and published by the council outlying what will be needed to optaining a licence or is it still up in the air.
Old 22-01-2018, 13:24
Founder

Rebel,

the information available regarding the new rental law has not changed since we discussed it on this post http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...tml#post120687 back in November.

The points listed by Illeslex are much the same as we were given given by our community administrator. Some communities are starting to have votes to establish whether members of their communities will be able to apply for licenses when they become available. We don't yet know how many licenses will be available for each 'zone' or what they will cost.

The one point where there appears to be some confusion - I misunderstood - is the "the so called "main housing rental modality”, which ONLY allows the owner (private person) to market tourist stays in her/his main residence for a maximum period of sixty (60) days a year, no matter its architectural typology. We infer that the owner must be a resident in Spain and must be duly registered to be able to accredit her/his main residence in such housing."

Somewhere I read on this thread, this meant that only Residents could obtain licenses. However what I now understood is that IF you are resident and wish to let out your main residence, then you may only let it out for 60 days a year. This does not stop non-residents or owners of several properties (there may be a limit) of obtaining licenses to let them out.
lollipop and rebel like this.
Old 23-01-2018, 12:40

Pollensa

I believe that there is an additional caveat to the 60-day rule and that is that the property is the owners' habitual residence. I am not sure what difference this makes to the conclusion you reach in the final sentence of your posting.

Luckjon
Old 23-01-2018, 13:35
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckjon View Post
Pollensa

I believe that there is an additional caveat to the 60-day rule and that is that the property is the owners' habitual residence. I am not sure what difference this makes to the conclusion you reach in the final sentence of your posting.

Luckjon
As it is has now been explained to me this 'modality' only applies to people who wish to rent out their 'main' residence (as you put it 'habitual' residence) i.e. they live in this property most of the year. In that case they can only let it it out to tourists for a maximum of 60 days per year.

This was misinterpreted as meaning that only Residents could apply for a tourist license i.e. not foreign owners of second homes. I no longer believe this to be true. This 'modality' is quite separate to people (Spainish residents or foreigners) who own second properties who wish to let them out.

As I now understand it, if you own an apartment that is not your main residence i.e. you normally live elsewhere in Spain or another country, you may eventually be able apply for a tourist license to let this property out and there is no maximum 60 days a year. You do need to satisfy other regulations including agreement by the community.

It also now seems from the zoning maps published that properties in some areas will also be restricted to letting out for a maximum of 60 days p.a.

Hope that makes sense?
lollipop and rebel like this.
Old 23-01-2018, 17:40

Default Zoning Map

Has anyone found a link to the original zoning map? Perhaps the council website? The links in previous messages, and the MDB, only display as very low resolution pictures. I have recently been to Specsavers, so my eyes are not causing my inability to make out the small print.
Old 23-01-2018, 18:20
Founder

Am afraid it's disappeared off the Ultima Hora website. There is a notice about it here (in Catalan but Google will translate it) Aclariments sobre la zonificació del lloguer vacacional de Mallorca :: Home :: Consell de Mallorca

"Clarifications on the zoning of the holiday rental of Mallorca (23.01.2018)
The agreement that will be approved in the Friday Plenary is a document that begins a period of consultations. Until the final approval, the document can be improved with the contributions made by the city councils.

The Department of Territory and Infrastructure wants to make a series of clarifications about the zoning of Mallorca vacation rental, due to the diversity of opinions that arise based on facts that can lead to confusion.
The Plenum of the Consell de Mallorca will initially approve zoning this Friday. This document is only a proposal that must be submitted to the public. For this reason, after its publication in the BOIB, a period of public exposure of 30 days will begin so that everyone has the option of presenting allegations."

etc. etc.
lollipop and clinkham like this.
Old 23-01-2018, 18:41
Founder

Here we go, I think I found it!

http://www.conselldemallorca.net/med...onificacio.pdf
El Gordo and clinkham like this.
Old 06-02-2018, 16:09

I've just been looking at the zoning map, and I have to say, I'm confused. All of this came about because of an island Saturated by tourists, yet the saturated zones (Red) are a tiny tiny part of the island.
Not to say we didnt already know this, but it just seems to prove them wrong in their theory. 'Magaluf is getting a bit busy! lets cripple all of the island!!!!'
animagic21, annascotland and Tommo like this.
Old 02-03-2018, 19:56

My family have rented an apartment in PP for 10 years for 4/6 weeks every year, I understand about the problem with licenses but I have been told until it is sorted that to be able to rent for over 30 days I have to give a deposit of the same amount of rent to the department (I am not sure what it is called) of tourism.I have been to told it is refundable but not sure when. Just wondered if anybody knows anything about this arrangement.
Old 02-03-2018, 20:54

As far as I know, such private contracts for long term rentals are between you and the owner. I wouldn't imagine it will take long to get the deposit back if you can agree at a final inspection that the premises are in the same condition as when you arrived?
Old 03-03-2018, 11:15

Thank you for your reply but maybe I didn't explain properly, the money equivalent to the rent I would pay the landlord would go to a the department that I think issues the licenses, a Spanish department somewhere. I think it is because the landlord I rent from does not have a license. I know in a previous post someone said a third party holds the depoist, so I want to know how I or the landlord goes about doing this? Thank you
Old 03-03-2018, 14:48

Default Hoping to buy in Pollensa or Puerto Pollensa

Hi,
Just joined the forum recently. My wife and I are now seriously thinking of buying in either P Pollensa or Pollensa town having holidayed here for years. I wondered what others thought about the new rental laws and if they have or will effect prices? I don't intend to rent out, but I know lots do, and if this is banned by the authorities surely this will hit prices as demand from part time renters drops?

Ricky
annascotland likes this.
Old 03-03-2018, 15:17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky230 View Post
Hi,
Just joined the forum recently. My wife and I are now seriously thinking of buying in either P Pollensa or Pollensa town having holidayed here for years. I wondered what others thought about the new rental laws and if they have or will effect prices? I don't intend to rent out, but I know lots do, and if this is banned by the authorities surely this will hit prices as demand from part time renters drops?

Ricky
Hi ricky230 as you will see i have moved your post to this thread, do read past posts as many have posted their thoughts here .