Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree517Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-06-2018, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
Rebel - I would be interested to know how you apply and where the information on costs is as I may be interested in the future. The biggest problem I perceive is the cost of complying with the regulations e.g. seperate water meters for individual apartments.
Hi GG
Last month a emergency AGM was held by our block to get the required clearance from the owners to apply for the licence which was carried then the administrator done the required paperwork not sure of costs from the administrator if any for his work.
In our block we have a Spanish family who own rental property around the port who was probably the driving force behind it. In the know.
If you pm me I will give you our administrators name and number.
Rebel
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2018, 18:37

Figures released yesterday are somewhat different to those quoted by Rebel. It will be €875 per bed for a five year licence on top of the costs of getting the appropriate paperwork needed for an apartment and €3500 per bed in a villa.
Old 08-07-2018, 14:48

I looked into this a bit more and a single family house is classed the same as a villa so our 3 bed mouse hole in old town will cost €21000 to licence correctly. So when i spilt the cost of that over the ~4 weeks a year that I'd lett my house out for that makes €1000 per week. Then add IVA to that makes €1210 and to top it off there would be tourist tax of €84 as well.... plus another €50 To get it cleaned and i won't see a penny... something isn't right. But it's all irrelevant because you can't get a licence in the old town anyway...

Last edited by bobley; 08-07-2018 at 14:54.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post
I looked into this a bit more and a single family house is classed the same as a villa so our 3 bed mouse hole in old town will cost €21000 to licence correctly. So when i spilt the cost of that over the ~4 weeks a year that I'd lett my house out for that makes €1000 per week. Then add IVA to that makes €1210 and to top it off there would be tourist tax of €84 as well.... plus another €50 To get it cleaned and i won't see a penny... something isn't right. But it's all irrelevant because you can't get a licence in the old town anyway...
Really? That seems utterly ridiculous....who is going to be able to pay that, apart from the multi million pound properties?
Old 09-07-2018, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
Really? That seems utterly ridiculous....who is going to be able to pay that, apart from the multi million pound properties?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post

No one is going to be able to afford it!!!! This is exactly what the government hope to achieve as they are only supporting the hotel lobby and other resorts in Mallorca which have a totally different hotel/apartment mix to PP.

As I understand it the local businesses continue to make known their concerns to the Mayor but he says his representations to the Mallorcan Council are falling on deaf ears. The law will not be changed for one municipality. I wonder if anyone has realised that if the local economy goes into a downward spiral it can only lead to the growth in more hotels. Overtime every development along the pine walk could see new hotels rather than apartments and the beautiful original houses!
graham and Tommo like this.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:24

It just gets worse. And if these hotels decide on the all inclusive basis,where does that leave all the excellent restaurants and their staff? We hav a provisional booking for a lovely apartment for next but they are still waiting to see if they get a licence, so if they do they will probably increase the price which then may be too expensive for us. Just a vicious circle.
Tommo likes this.
Old 09-07-2018, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
It just gets worse. And if these hotels decide on the all inclusive basis,where does that leave all the excellent restaurants and their staff? We hav a provisional booking for a lovely apartment for next but they are still waiting to see if they get a licence, so if they do they will probably increase the price which then may be too expensive for us. Just a vicious circle.
There's going to be a huge increase in friends and family visiting then!
Rosie34 and Tommo like this.
Old 19-07-2018, 22:36

Looks like it's going to be a slow process to legalise all these apartments...

https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...mmodation.html

"
The Council of Majorca yesterday presented its intention for there to be a limit on the number of places (beds) which can be used for holiday accommodation. The ceiling is going to be 430,000. Of these, 115,000 will be in registered and official holiday rental properties while the remaining 315,000 will apply to hotels of various types and hostels.

The cap is part of the new PIAT (plan for intervention in tourism areas), which has been drawn up to control the distribution of holiday rentals properties and create a balance between the tourism industry’s footprint and natural resources in Majorca.

The president of the Council of Majorca, Miguel Ensenyat, said yesterday that the PIAT has been devised to introduce some order in the tourism industry, which accounts for 45 per cent of the region’s gross domestic product and creates 32 per cent of jobs, be they full or short term.

The island councillor for planning and infrastructure, Mercedes Garrido, explained that the new rules and regulations will not apply to existing hotels and registered holiday rental properties and that from 1 August people can reapply for permission for tourism licences in areas not considered saturated until the PIAT is finally approved.

Finalising the PIAT could take a period of two years to be approved. During this period of transition only a maximum of 10,000 new hotel beds will be permitted while a maximum of 15,000 more holiday rentals beds will be permitted."
Old 20-07-2018, 10:14

It would appear that by controlling the number of tourists on the island the only way to get growth of income is to increase prices. This plus the hike in tourist tax and the anti tourist demonstrations, leave me cold, we have been regular visitors to PP for 36 years and now feel that we are no longer welcome. We have one more 5 week holiday planed for September/October then we will have to go a destination where we are welcomed as tourists. A sad end to a lovely relationship.
Old 20-07-2018, 10:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&C@29 View Post
It would appear that by controlling the number of tourists on the island the only way to get growth of income is to increase prices. This plus the hike in tourist tax and the anti tourist demonstrations, leave me cold, we have been regular visitors to PP for 36 years and now feel that we are no longer welcome. We have one more 5 week holiday planed for September/October then we will have to go a destination where we are welcomed as tourists. A sad end to a lovely relationship.
In 36 years, the island has changed hugely and, if development continues, Majorca will no longer be an attractive destination. In my experience, the local people in PP are as friendly as ever. The handful of anti-tourist demonstrators are simply an equivalent to the 'go-home' types we have in the UK; an embarrasing minority. The reasons behind their protests need to be appreciated but not necessarily accepted. In PP, significant improvement works make it a nicer place to visit and taxes have to pay for this.
PP76, Carmel, Tommo and 2 others like this.
Old 20-07-2018, 12:22

I think PP will still be a friendly and welcoming destination but have to say all the empty apartments we witnessed in June, especially along Pine Walk, was very sad. I don't know what the outcome will be but I hope and pray blocks of apartments along the Pine Walk won't be sold to developers and demolished, and hotels built in their place. Many of the beautiful houses, of which there are now very few of along the Pine Walk, were sold by their Mallorquin owners to build the apartment blocks. If these cant get licences it will become a very different PP.

I believe most of the protestors are in Palma and to a certain extent I can see their reasoning. My daughters Mallorquin boyfriend, who grew up in Palma, told me that one of the biggest problems is the thousands of people who get off the cruise ships . They 'mooch' around polluting the capital but don't spend any money as they can eat and drink on board.
LK1960 and eleanor like this.

Last edited by debz1; 20-07-2018 at 18:43.
Old 20-07-2018, 16:26

We bought an apartment in April, for family use only, and I feel very lucky to have been able to. The running cost per annum equates to about what have been used to paying for two weeks villa rental in July. So hopefully (in retirement) we can increase our number of visits each year. No tourist tax, but I do wonder, when the rental issue is finally settled, whether the authorities may turn their attention to non resident (non EU! Aarrgghh!) property owners. The current tax isn’t ridiculous......maybe this will change?
Old 20-07-2018, 21:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
We bought an apartment in April, for family use only, and I feel very lucky to have been able to. The running cost per annum equates to about what have been used to paying for two weeks villa rental in July. So hopefully (in retirement) we can increase our number of visits each year. No tourist tax, but I do wonder, when the rental issue is finally settled, whether the authorities may turn their attention to non resident (non EU! Aarrgghh!) property owners. The current tax isn’t ridiculous......maybe this will change?
They kind of already do. Thats what the none rental tax is. Dont you have to pay ~21% of 6% of the catastral value?

Damned if you do and damned if you cant (rent)
Old 21-07-2018, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
I think PP will still be a friendly and welcoming destination but have to say all the empty apartments we witnessed in June, especially along Pine Walk, was very sad.
Yes, must have been sad to see they apartments lying empty but I have been reading on holiday rental sites all the reviews of private apartments for 2018, so some owners and visitors still taking a risk!? I was tempted to do likewise but not brave enough.....especially reading of some owners cancelling at last minute.
These, as mentioned in the reviews, were for 2 week holidays not the "30 day lettings" and also noticed many bookings for 2019 already placed.
I saved one for next year......hopefully I will feel braver! Things may be back to normal by then and all the empty ones will be full again with happy holidaymakers, me being one as I am missing my PP fix this year.......we can live in hope.
RUBY 97 likes this.
Old 22-07-2018, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by favie View Post
Yes, must have been sad to see they apartments lying empty but I have been reading on holiday rental sites all the reviews of private apartments for 2018, so some owners and visitors still taking a risk!? I was tempted to do likewise but not brave enough.....especially reading of some owners cancelling at last minute.
These, as mentioned in the reviews, were for 2 week holidays not the "30 day lettings" and also noticed many bookings for 2019 already placed.
I saved one for next year......hopefully I will feel braver! Things may be back to normal by then and all the empty ones will be full again with happy holidaymakers, me being one as I am missing my PP fix this year.......we can live in hope.
I guess many people are hedging their bets that they will have obtained a licence by next year. I hope they do not disappoint