Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Holiday Shopping

Holiday Shopping Includes useful links to on-line shopping for travel essentials.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 17:56
Founder

Thumbs up World's Lightest Cabin Case only £28.49

Buy Worlds Lightest Small Soft 2 Wheel Trolley Case - Charcoal at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Cabin luggage, Suitcases.

A few days ago I noticed that my brilliant Cabin Bag is now on sale for only £28.49! I paid nearly £50 for mine two years ago and it's been worth every penny! My previous bag (which just about squeezed into that cage at the airport weighed over 3 kg empty). This one weighs just over 1.5 & fits comfortably into the size restrictions. We've just bought another one (for my husband) & my sister bought 4 for her family (2 adults & 2 kids) and managed to take everything they need for a 10 day holiday in PP.

They are briiliant. Catch them while the price is so low!
Sparky likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2013, 10:52

Have been looking for lightweight, four wheel cabin bag that isn't a ridiculous price, but where is the style ? Ones that I consider to be reasonably priced, resemble "old ladies" shopping trollies, that look like you may only get one or two uses out of them before they drop to bits...... will keep looking for this elusive, cheap, light weight, high quality, long lasting, super stylish, hard wearing piece of luggage.... maybe until I die !
Old 12-09-2013, 20:06

Default world's lightest cabin case

Know what you mean about 'old lady shopping trolley' - I think it's the shape of the handle that does it. Lots of this style of case on sale in Matalan at the mo. Not as cheap as Argos sale price I don't think but lots of sizes and colours and 10 year warranty. Some of the styles have 4 wheels not 2 (spinners, I think they call them) which are supposed to be even easier to manoeuvre.
Old 12-09-2013, 21:01
Founder

Maybe it isn't particularly "stylish" but it is light & hard wearing with a 10 year warranty. Mine has been on about 15 return flights without any damage although I would't put it in the hold. As a cabin bag on Ryanair it is perfect!
lollipop likes this.
Old 12-09-2013, 23:05

I can't help it, I'm still a "mod" at heart, I want form as well as function.......... but not willing to pay through the nose for it ! Maybe I'll invest in one of those voluminous waistcoats with enormous pockets instead, a bit like the latest Victoria Beckham creation !
Old 21-10-2013, 08:19

Well I bought one of these cases, brilliant! Keeps it shape well and is so light. When it's packed to capacity it still fits in that dreaded gauge at the airport. My style conscious other half won't admit but she is very jealous of the fact that her very expensive samsonite is not so easy to control with its four wheels, unless you are on really flat floors, and holds less because of all frame etc "inside" the case. Back to the port tomorrow and case already packed. Thanks for the tip Pollensa
pollensa and lollipop like this.
Old 21-10-2013, 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
Maybe it isn't particularly "stylish" but it is light & hard wearing with a 10 year warranty. Mine has been on about 15 return flights without any damage although I would't put it in the hold. As a cabin bag on Ryanair it is perfect!
These 10 year warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. They almost always exclude "flight damage". I tried to claim once and realized how worthless they are.
Old 21-10-2013, 12:37
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
These 10 year warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. They almost always exclude "flight damage". I tried to claim once and realized how worthless they are.
I agree that they would not cover 'flight damage' which is why I would not use them as hold luggage but as Cabin Bags they are excellent!
lollipop likes this.
Old 23-10-2013, 14:30

•Size H49, (including handle 55cm), W34, D19.5cm.

I believe Easyjet now have a 50cm size limit, does this include the handle ??
Old 23-10-2013, 14:46

If anyone has a Home Bargain store near them they were selling these at £19.99 today.
Old 23-10-2013, 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcoxon View Post

There are two sizes now on EasyJet, a guaranteed size for everyone and a larger 56cm size for those that pay the extra fee for upfront seats etc.
Cabin baggage | easyJet

It is borderline if someone is picky with the rules.
Old 23-10-2013, 15:50

I believe the rules are that if you hand luggage is up to 50cm, they guarantee you will never have to put it in the hold, if you bag is over 50cm and up to maximum size, and there is no space in the overhead lockers, you will be asked to offload you hand luggage into the hold.!!

On island time!!
Old 23-10-2013, 15:57
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
I believe the rules are that if you hand luggage is up to 50cm, they guarantee you will never have to put it in the hold, if you bag is over 50cm and up to maximum size, and there is no space in the overhead lockers, you will be asked to offload you hand luggage into the hold.!!
That's what I understood. When we last travelled with Easyjet, even though we had paid for specific seats, I still got to the gate as soon as possible & sat in the queue (much like for Ryanair) to ensure we were among those who could take standard size cabin luggage on. You had to get some sort of sticker & they had a limited number.
Old 23-10-2013, 16:04

They had the stickers at Rome airport, but never seen them from Gatwick/Palma, you are right about getting there early still, especially if like us you have the front seats as there are less lockers there, and of cause it varies with the season, in the winter everyone has hand luggage, in the summer most take hold luggage so not an issue then.

On island time!!
Old 23-10-2013, 16:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcoxon View Post

The size has not changed, but to guarantee it will be accepted in the cabin they have introduced a smaller size. They may put your bag in the hold if it measures more than the guaranteed size. See here: Cabin baggage.

PS Sorry to re-iterate other posters!!

My FlickR Photos