Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   General Feedback (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/general-feedback/)
-   -   Problems logging in (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/general-feedback/6868-problems-logging.html)

Belladonna 14-12-2010 10:57

Problems logging in

It has taken nearly half an hour this morning to get connected to the site. Is it just my laptop in pre Christmas breakdown mode or has anyone else had problems? Other sites were ok with their connections which is why I am wondering if its the new server on this site.
It could just be early morning frost on the line ofcourse, a bit like the trains! :confused:

whaleywanderer 14-12-2010 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 52807)
It has taken nearly half an hour this morning to get connected to the site. Is it just my laptop in pre Christmas breakdown mode or has anyone else had problems? Other sites were ok with their connections which is why I am wondering if its the new server on this site.
It could just be early morning frost on the line ofcourse, a bit like the trains! :confused:

I suffered a bit of a glitch yesterday but managed to get logged in on my second attempt.:) Like you I just put it down to teathing problems with the new server.

Kym 14-12-2010 11:58

I gave up yesterday and today it's taken me about 10 mins which was annoying. Only percevered as I needed info on main site.

sws97sdg 14-12-2010 12:16

I have had no problems at all logging in so its not a server problem, maybe your browsers but I assume Zelda would have tested all options, just keep trying.

Sparky 14-12-2010 12:28

I had no problem earlier this morning but have just failed to get in on IE so i tried Firefox and got in with no trouble.

Mark 14-12-2010 12:44

No problem at all here so must be to do with some ISP's and the server move,

maybe the DNS has changed ( name server) and it takes time for all the various internet companies to catch up, sure it will be all OK after a day or so :)

Belladonna 14-12-2010 13:24

Seems to have cleared itself now, whatever it was! Christmas Grinch strikes again - then runs away!!:D

pollensa 14-12-2010 13:57

Am afraid I'm not aware of any problems at all & have monitoring services that alert me to any issues.

The forum itself did NOT move servers so there should be no change there.

The main site did move servers & does have a new IP address but this is being handled by our hosting company with immediate forwarding to the new site so there should be no issues there & in any case the move took place a week ago now.

If you continue to experience problems, please email me at webmaster@puertopollensa.com & let me know which page you were trying to access - you'll see it in the address bar of your browser. If you find that a different browser e.g. firefox helps, then do 'clear the cache' in Internet Explorer as perhaps it is trying to pick up an old page on the old server.

Zelda :)

Sparky 14-12-2010 14:10

I have been having hiccups on IE for a couple of days so it might be them :confused:. Everything is ok again now thankfully. :D

PeRu 15-12-2010 02:27

After one attempt to get the site up this evening (actually after 1am) it came up at it's normal sort of speed. Logging in reminded me of dial up days. as did changing pages. I am using Firefox. Hope the info is of use.

PeRu

pollensa 15-12-2010 12:38

Hi guys,

it would really help if you can let me know if the 'site' you are talking about is the forum or the main website as they are on different servers. Thanks.

Belladonna 15-12-2010 14:10

Hi Pollensa. My problem was with actually logging onto the site in the first place. Once it had actually connected - I left it on and did other things for about 20 mins, popping back to check if it had closed down or connected - the post sites were fine to click onto. I use internet explorer.
Have had no problems at all for the last day though.
Now THATS just asking for trouble obviously!:eek:

snowy2007 15-12-2010 17:35

Swap to Google Chrome its very good :D

PeRu 16-12-2010 01:02

Hi Zelda,
Sorry I was not clear about what I was readingg. It was the Forum.
Tonight it seems to be OK.

Best Wishes,

Rufus
PeRu

whaleywanderer 16-12-2010 11:10

Only once did it happen and it was logging onto the main site, no problems since though.