Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   General Feedback (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/general-feedback/)
-   -   Threads On View (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/general-feedback/6843-threads-view.html)

pescador2009 27-11-2010 00:00

Threads On View

Message for "Pollensa"
There seems a great dearth of threads on view on the Forum at the moment.
I know we're out of season and a dramatic reduction in threads is normal
- 'but' - Threads used to go back a full 24 hours (under either today or yesterday).
At the moment, for instance, the immediately viewable threads on view only go back about 10 hours.
Could you tell me / us, is this reduced amount of viewing to continue, or is it just temporary?

pips 27-11-2010 00:31

I suppose most people are now thinking about Christmas, it's sooner than we realize. Some have already booked their holidays for next year, others are maybe waiting for the economy to be more certain before deciding. So with the time of year etc I suppose there are fewer posts.

El Gordo 27-11-2010 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by pescador2009 (Post 52471)
Message for "Pollensa"
There seems a great dearth of threads on view on the Forum at the moment.
I know we're out of season and a dramatic reduction in threads is normal
- 'but' - Threads used to go back a full 24 hours (under either today or yesterday).
At the moment, for instance, the immediately viewable threads on view only go back about 10 hours.
Could you tell me / us, is this reduced amount of viewing to continue, or is it just temporary?

Hi Pescy

Are your Options under User CP not set correctly.

You can set these, or check them, by clicking on your username at the top of the page, select User CP at top left then Edit Options, then scroll down to Thread Display Options. Check these are not limiting your view.

Sorry if this is not what you meant and were merely commenting on lack of posts!!:confused:

pescador2009 27-11-2010 21:59

You can set these, or check them, by clicking on your username at the top of the page, select User CP at top left then Edit Options, then scroll down to Thread Display Options. Check these are not limiting your view.

Hi GL - Thanks for that info, interesting.... I have checked as suggested. My settings are on "Forum Default"..... So no different to previous. I have left them at the same.

Forum must be showing less 'Threads' than previous these days - anyone else noticed this?

Sparky 28-11-2010 11:26

Pescador2009, as far as i am aware there have not been any changes made to the forum and posts are still showing under "today or yesterday".
The only reason i can see for the [dearth of threads] is simply that members are not posting as much, which is perfectly normal for this time of year.

pescador2009 28-11-2010 22:39

Yes Sparky, I fully appreciate there are many less 'threads' this time of year.
I was just referring to the number of 'threads' actually shown. It appeared for several days the last week or two that 'back threads' were only showing for about the previous 10 or 12 hours or so instead of the usual 24hrs.
However, I note this evening that the viewable threads do actually go back 24hrs approx. (until the yesterdays 10-30pm one disappears!).

As Christmas Shopping is now getting to be in full swing over here in dear old 'Blighty' may I be the first to wish everyone in P.P. a Merry Xmas. (Sorry, it's not quite December yet).