Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > General Feedback

General Feedback Use this area to provide general feedback on the PuertoPollensa.com web site. Suggest new sections, tell us what you like and don't like.

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-05-2013, 11:06

Default A little unfair......

Good morning.My family have been coming to pp for the last 30 years,so we have seen many changes good and not so good,BUT what i find a little unfair is that there seems to be the IN PLACES and these are always mentioned ok it's a personal opinion but i really think you need to be more fair on comments and were you send people not going to mention names but very obvious were people are getting their benefits..........
Sponsored Links
Old 30-05-2013, 11:29
Super Moderator

Thank you for your feedback Suzanne.
The website doesn't actually send people anywhere and i don't understand your comment about "benefits", it's just that all members have their favourite places and will always suggest them when new members ask for advice. Every member is free to post about their personal experiences (good or bad and as long as it's not abusive) whether a bar/restaurant advertise with us or not so please feel free to post your suggestions .
pollensa, debz1, sws97sdg and 7 others like this.
Old 30-05-2013, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
Good morning.My family have been coming to pp for the last 30 years,so we have seen many changes good and not so good,BUT what i find a little unfair is that there seems to be the IN PLACES and these are always mentioned ok it's a personal opinion but i really think you need to be more fair on comments and were you send people not going to mention names but very obvious were people are getting their benefits..........
"BENEFITS!!!!??????"........... Do you mean free meals, backhanders?????. Please let me know which bars or restaurants you mean..... Could do with a couple of Extra Quid...
debz1, lollipop and usandthewoof like this.
Old 30-05-2013, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
"BENEFITS!!!!??????"........... Do you mean free meals, backhanders?????. Please let me know which bars or restaurants you mean..... Could do with a couple of Extra Quid...
I'll be there end of June, almost every year for 36 years, so let me in on the secret society too. We must have been eating at the wrong places.
Old 30-05-2013, 13:12

Yes, some places are mentioned more than others but as this is a public forum people can only put up their own experiences.

Yes, some readers may then decide to visit these establishments but it's then up to them to make up their own mind on them. Nobody is forcing them to go and put up a favourable review if they enjoy it.

At the end of the day people are more likely to report on a positive experience to allow others to hopefully have that same experience in the future and if you don't agree that's fine as you can equally spend time reporting your experience.

With regards to the benefits you suggest, I can only a.ssume you are meaning due to some members personally knowing some proprietors but I am sure all of us who have been visiting the port for many years know many of the locals to have a chat to but I don't think this means they are gaining anything on here by being positive About their establishment on here.
Old 30-05-2013, 13:32

Quote:
Hi, If places are mentioned a lot I would have thought it was because folk like them.
Re the comment... About where you send people. I thought we all had free will. Never realised it was compulsory. As for benefits.... Some of the places I've mentioned have never given me so much as a free glass of water.

When all is said and done you're only going to mention places that you like surely. If folk had some underhanded motive for mentioning a place it wouldn't take very long for people to sort the genuine from the bogus .

At the end of the day if you are fed up with seeing " The in places " As you put it, the answer is simple. Post about the others.
debz1, sws97sdg, Doogz1874 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by pollensafan; 30-05-2013 at 13:37.
Old 30-05-2013, 13:40

Re Ronnie's comment

Yep sounds good to me I'm up for that. If you find out before me let us know and I'll do the same.
Old 30-05-2013, 14:16

The last time I looked at my credit card bill post holiday there was very little benefits, if your loyal to a particular restaurant you'll maybe get a drink on the house, but that's about it! These people are running a business and considering they have not raised prices for years the last thing they can issue is benefits
Old 30-05-2013, 15:27

We too have eaten in certain restaurants that many times I wonder if we should have bought shares, though apart from some free drinks or bottle of wine now & then that's as far as it's gone. If you know any different please let me know but as Smiddy suggested my credit card company would be a bit disappointed
Old 30-05-2013, 19:27

Quote:
i really think you need to be more fair on comments and were you send people not going to mention names but very obvious were people are getting their benefits..........
I have to say that the title that you have used, "A little unfair...", was actually the first thing that came into my mind when I read your comments. (Well, I actually thought it very unfair...)

It is a little hard to tell exactly what you are suggesting, but is it that the webmaster and moderators are in some way manipulating the content of the board, so as to enjoy back-handers from businesses mentioned?

I must say, if I was one of the "accused", I would be feeling pretty upset by your comments.

I find this board to be well moderated, helpful, lively and featuring a very broad number of topics. Certainly, nobody is "sent" anywhere as a result of a discussion about favourite restaurants, or only favourable reviews shown.

Sadly, I think that your comment in this instance is ill-considered, and adds nothing positive to what is, in my opinion, a great forum.
Doogz1874, JMD40, lollipop and 3 others like this.

Last edited by lovemallorca; 30-05-2013 at 21:22.
Old 30-05-2013, 19:33

Oops 'lovemallorca', nothing to do with the subject matter, but, if you are to criticise somebody's spelling and grammatical errors you should at least make sure that YOU spell that bit correctly yourself!!
Old 30-05-2013, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MairiCladach View Post
Oops 'lovemallorca', nothing to do with the subject matter, but, if you are to criticise somebody's spelling and grammatical errors you should at least make sure that YOU spell that bit correctly yourself!!
I could blame a dodgy "m" on my keyboard, but it wouldn't fool anyone!
MairiCladach likes this.
Old 30-05-2013, 19:50

I do agree with your comments by the way 'lovemallorca'
Old 30-05-2013, 20:42
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemallorca View Post

It is a little hard to tell due to the spelling and grammatical errors, exactly what you are suggesting,

Can i just say in response to this comment......this is not the Open University it is a forum and this type of criticism does not really help, thanks .
Doogz1874, sunny, lollipop and 4 others like this.
Old 30-05-2013, 21:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Can i just say in response to this comment......this is not the Open University it is a forum and this type of criticism does not really help, thanks .
Fair point Sparky - I have edited the post to remove this reference. Sincere apologies Suzanne.

I'm still not 100% sure if I am reading Suzanne's original point correctly, but I do still stand-by my comments that her original post is very unfair in its nature.
debz1, Sparky and eleanor like this.