Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-10-2010, 14:31

Default EasyJet looking to change boarding policy

It's reported in the Sunday Times today that EasyJet is about to change to a 'paid for' seat policy rather than the stressful scrumage that is their present boarding policy. The suggestion is that if you don't want to pay for a confirmed seat number, you take pot luck at check in.
It would be nice if they could also have a limit on how many people the squeeze into the buses that take you out to the planes....
Sponsored Links
Old 31-10-2010, 15:19

Is this as well as the Speedy Boarding charge? If so, they are certainly having a bit of a laugh. It should help with the "not sitting in the middle seat" problem though.
Old 31-10-2010, 16:30

THis could mean that you won't be able to check in online without pre booking seat as is the case with Monarch.
Old 31-10-2010, 17:18
Founder

There is more on the 'rumour' here Exclusive: EasyJet may scrap speedy boarding for allocated seating - ttglive
Old 31-10-2010, 17:28

Pretty interesting. How does the cost change - there is no mention of that part yet. It does change easyjet from being a low cost airline, pushing it up a class. Is that really necessary? The link suggests it could change easyjets turn around time, as passengers no longer rush to get on board!
Old 01-11-2010, 14:29

I'll be very interested to see how this pans out as we've already booked July flights with EasyJet from Liverpool including Speedy Boarding (I know, I know you don't all approve of it.....!). So what will they do, I wonder, since I've paid for Speedy Boarding?

Hopefully, this will convert to pre-flight seat choice.....we'll just have to see.

I'm one of those (possibly rare) people who has nothing bad to say about EasyJet. I've had BMI Baby flights cancelled and all kinds of grief getting booking and credit card charges back (successfully....eventually!) Last month we ended up flying from Gatwick instead of Manchester to Lanzarote because Monach overbooked our flight and we got bumped off. They tried it on with the credit card charge too until I used the magic words "Trading Standards".

Seems everyone is out to get us!

Duncan
Old 01-11-2010, 15:18

Dont panic! Its not in operation yet, so those of us who have already booked should be safe. I assume that if it does come into force, they will need to give Speedy Boarders the Choose a Seat option as a changeover. But lets cross that bridge if and when we come to it!
Old 01-11-2010, 20:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
I'll be very interested to see how this pans out as we've already booked July flights with EasyJet from Liverpool including Speedy Boarding (I know, I know you don't all approve of it.....!). So what will they do, I wonder, since I've paid for Speedy Boarding?

Hopefully, this will convert to pre-flight seat choice.....we'll just have to see.

Duncan
Yeah, looks like this is to be announced at their results meeting on Nov 16th along with other measures ???

They won't " mix and match " so those who have booked Speedy Boarding it will still apply for next year . Expect it to be introduced only when they " open up " booking slots in the future i.e in about a years time for bookings for 2012 .

Defo move in the right direction as four of us on the " Speedy Boarding Bus " at Munich airport last Dec was overtaken by the the " Oiks " in the following bus and I was the last to get a seat . Absolutely appalling !!!!!

Trust these " other measures " will include the introduction of " first class travel " .

Long overdue in my opinion

BonysLad
Old 02-11-2010, 19:18

I reckon this will mean more work for the cabin crew. They will have to put up signs on each seat such as "reserved for the esteemed Mr BonysLad and party" as us "oiks" will have to make do with second class and the riff raff in third.

Adios

Dave
Old 02-11-2010, 23:24

me and my mob will be with bonyslad!
Old 03-11-2010, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical Dave View Post
I reckon this will mean more work for the cabin crew.

Adios

Dave
Absolutely, Dave .

They'll be busy pouring my champagne so won't be worrying about whether you lot have got seats or not !!!!!

BonysLad