Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-11-2009, 10:57

Default BMI FLIGHT FROM MANCHESTER TO PALMA FRIDAY 5th FEBRUARY 2010

Hi, I just thought I might mention that back in September I booked a flight from Manchester to Palma from Friday 5th February – Friday 12th February 2010. Last night I tried to get into my booking online to change personal details and the system didnt recognize my details so I finished up ringing BMI direct at approx 20:00. The person I spoke to made the necessary amendments and within 10 minutes I had an email, which at a glance I took as confirmation to my changes. But after reading the threads on here recently re BMI I went back online later to read the email properly - so glad I did. It was my travel and flight itinerary and the outbound date had changed. It was now Monday 1st February! I had not received the usual email notification about this change. I fly with BMI several times a year to Palma and 9 times out of 10 the outbound flight times change, they send an email, I click on a link to accept this etc. I check my email daily and there wasn’t anything from BMI about the change.

I rang them as soon as the lines opened this morning and the guy I spoke to was quite helpful. He said they had sent me an email yesterday – explained I hadn’t received it so after much discussions – especially about me not being about to take a 2 full weeks off work, as is their policy, they agreed to refund my air fare minus the £15 booking fee.

If I hadn’t had changes I needed to make re my personal details I would have probably not gone into my booking again and turned up at the airport on Friday 5th February. It may be that other passengers booked on that flight have received the usual email notification of the changes and for some reason I have slipped through the system. However I thought I should mention it in case other Puertopollensa.com members were also booked on that flight and hadn’t received an email either – I recommend that they check their bookings – and if you cant get into it, you know why – the date has changed.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-11-2009, 13:14

Typical BMi 'tactics' in my opinion. They bombard you with special offer emails etc however once you have booked and want further information/wish to complain etc they make life difficult. I know others have had a similar experience with the other budget airlines however BMi seem to be the worst with Ryanair close behind!
Old 19-11-2009, 10:48

We read your post with interest in as much as we have had trouble with BMI Baby before but could only get out to our accomodation in March by using their flight on a Friday. Having seen the post, we have just checked and it seems that they have cancelled the Friday flights up to the 12th. Feb but have kept the Monday service from Manchester. When asked IF the Friday service would still be operating in March we were told " at the moment we plan to operate the service". Anybody take bets that it will be changed in a week or so?