Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-07-2009, 22:11

Default New Ryanair Route to Palma from Glasgow

My favourite airline (not), have announced a new route from Glasgow Prestwick to Palma. Flights are available to book now and fly from 31st October. They go each Saturday and flight times are decent. Costs are about £9.99 outbound and most inbound flights free!! (plus taxes, charges, baggage, insurance, scratch cards, online check-in, etc etc).

In spite of my tongue in cheek comments I am glad Globespan are getting some competition on this route. More choice is can only be good for us.

If you are looking for some holiday reading I am eagerly awaiting the publication of "the little book of Mick", by Paul Kilduff (google it). A compilation of the wit and wisdom of my favourite CEO.

Adios

Dave
Sponsored Links
Old 30-07-2009, 17:50

Default Ryan Air

CD, Heard that on the news last night, must do a bit of homework, as it will still work out a good deal. Yes, Globespan could do with a bit of competition, as some of their flights were getting a tad expensive. Slightly off thread my wife has relatives in Gran Canaria, she went on-line last night and managed to get a return flight for around £80 including their baggage allowance and CC charge. Not bad!

I was reading in the Sunday Times, you can actualy profit from their catering service. Apparently, if you buy a coffee you get offered the choice of change in euros or pounds, the trick is to pay by a 50 euro note and ask for your change in sterling, you end up making about £5 on the deal Although i'm sure Mr o' Leary has copped this and closed the loophole
Old 08-08-2009, 00:59

Have just booked with ryanair to replace our cancelled globespan flites in january and despite the actual flites being free... the total bill is £20 more for 3 of us and that is with 5 kilos each less baggage allowance.

Been a while since I travelled with ryanair... and it has changed a lot... extra payments for everything !

Miriam
Old 08-08-2009, 08:44

Watch the weight allowance too, Miriam. We ensured our bags were well under before leaving the villa. Ryanair argued they were 1kg over and insisted on making a charge.
It is impossible to argue with them at the desk and somewhat embarrassing - I just took a couple of things from the case and placed in my near empty hand luggage bag! - Just be aware! I for one, will only travel with them if there is NO alternative. Thankfully we have a choice of Stansted or Gatwick.

Eleanor
Old 08-08-2009, 09:49

IMO Ryanair are not doing themselves any favours and i wouldn't be surprised if they weren't the next victim of the recession. There is still a lot of competition out there, people will not allow themselves to be fleeced!
Old 08-08-2009, 10:00

Unfortunately, from Scotland there isn't a lot of competition and I'm not prepared to travel south when I live within a maximum of an hour drive of 3 international airports.

Going out oct/nov eleanor, with globespan so will make sure I leave as much as I can out there so its less for the ryanair flite, but thanx for the warning !

Miriam
Old 08-08-2009, 19:10

Yes good idea, Miriam. Have a lovely time. I hope to be in PP around that time too - all being well - and i hope to travel Easyjet who, imo, are just ahead of Ryanair! ( That is unless I get all 6 numbers up tonight then I will arrive by private jet!!) See you off the Easyjet flight!!
Old 05-09-2009, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by med777 View Post
Unfortunately, from Scotland there isn't a lot of competition and I'm not prepared to travel south when I live within a maximum of an hour drive of 3 international airports.

Going out oct/nov eleanor, with globespan so will make sure I leave as much as I can out there so its less for the ryanair flite, but thanx for the warning !

Miriam
like yourself i live 5 mins from glasgow, 35 mins from prestwick and an hour edinburgh airports and hate the fact that globespan can almost charge what they like for palma flights

i cant honestly remember the last time we have flown from scotland due to high prices, have flown from newcastle, liverpool, manchester and even as far down as birmingham and saved a fortune therefore a bit of competition wont be a bad thing

just booked flights for xmas yesterday for 4 of us, cheapest return flight from scotland £180 ea, from liverpool £85 ea

ok still have to pay for parking for the week at £30 and £50 for deisel but its still a £300 saving
Old 23-10-2009, 08:35

So far so good for the Ryanair flights from Glasgow. Booked my daughter, husband 2 kids and 2 cases for £110 total. The strange thing is that it is £5 including taxes one way for the adults and child but £20 for an infant. Just checked and 2 people can fly out return for £20 including taxes in November.
Old 13-11-2009, 00:35

we have booked a week in december £40 returns for 2 inclusive
we hadnt planned to come over but hey ho

also have booked to come in January for the bonfires etc a bit dearer at £60 total
cant wait
Old 13-11-2009, 02:06
Super Moderator

Looking forward to seeing you again Smiddy.
Old 14-11-2009, 11:50

smudger, lke yourself we are very much looking forward to our trip to pp in december (our 1st time that late in the year)

are the flight times from prestwick ok?

also did you notice recently that the airport in conjunction with scotrail were doing free rail tickets, might be worth looking into

would be be handy for us we are right beside an ayr line station, think you have to change at kilwinning though

we flew from prestwick once maybe 5 years ago, spanair were doing flights from there at the time but demand was low and they stopped, enjoyed flying from there though, nice wee airport

keep me posted on your ryan air experiance would you please, or if we are in pp at the same time you can fill me in, make minez a heavy
Old 14-11-2009, 20:22

We returned today from a lovely week in PP and for the first time flew with Ryanair, it is cheap and cheerful with no luxuries, but it was one time and we will certainly use them again.

PP76
Old 14-11-2009, 21:09

pp76, looks like you had fairly decent weather too going by sparkys weather reports

as my previous post, i dont seem to be able to find ryanair timetables

can you help at all, cheers
Old 15-11-2009, 09:54

Gers,

If you look at the Ryanair site, the third line down is in yellow and the eighth box along is timetables, put in your dates and if flights are not available press next day or previous day. This may not be the best way but it will let you find flights.
The weather was lovely, this is the latest we have ever gone and will certainly do it again.

PP76