Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree19Likes
  • 3 Post By clinkham
  • 1 Post By cumberland8
  • 7 Post By pansy potter
  • 4 Post By Papillon
  • 1 Post By alcanadakid
  • 1 Post By debz1
  • 1 Post By snowy2007
  • 1 Post By ChrisW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2018, 00:02

Default Easyjet Flight release dates

This from the just arrived latest Martin Lewis email:

Tickets go on sale via the Easyjet website this Thursday (12 April), for travel from 28 October 2018 to 3 Feb 2019.

This will be followed by another seat release on Thursday 26 April, for tickets from 4 Feb 2019 to 24 March 2019.

There is also a 'How to' guide on 18 Easyjet tricks:
"How to manipulate the budget behemoth" in the current email.
El Gordo, Gp1602 and Pocket_Buddy like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2018, 17:07

Flights booked on EZY, LGW to PMI for 12 of us for our annual November golf trip. Seats £65 return excellent, but £74 to put our clubs in the hold, utter madness!!!!
Old 12-04-2018, 20:00

unfortunately all these airlines lure us in with so called cheap flights then fleece us for the extras.
Most of us are fed up of all this rubbish, stop all the sales & card robbery & charge us all a fair all in price.
Jimbo the Jambo likes this.
Old 12-04-2018, 21:35

I think the pricing is very fair and reasonable, why should people who travel with just hand luggage subsidise other passengers who have hold luggage as well. An aircraft uses more fuel the heavier it is so any additional weight adds directly to the cost of the flight. It makes far more sense to pay for what you actually need and use. Same for complimentary meals and drinks, some passengers drink more of the free alcohol than say a family with two children who just have a soft drink each , they all paid approx the same fare but the teetotal passengers are subsidising the ones drinking alcohol. It seems far more sensible to to bring seat prices down and charge for any extras whether they are drinks , meals or luggage .
its cd, debz1, Rangers1 and 4 others like this.
Old 13-04-2018, 11:24

Default The Truth Sometimes Hurts

Cumberland8 can I assume you and your neighbours have added all your bills together, ie gas, electricity, sky, broadband, car loans etc and have divided it amongst all those living in the houses so each home will pay his allocated share.
There does seem to be a lack of understanding that paying for your own lifestyle choices is the burden we all have to carry.
I can just imagine a golf holiday where the one who has the starter, rump steak, dessert, cheeseboard and coffee suggests they divide the bill by 12 so the poor sod having chicken salad and water gets taken to the cleaners.
Anyway we all know all low cost airlines have a standard fixed charge for golf clubs, skis boots etc and the only variable is the seat price. Teflon you have been lucky to get your seats that cheap by booking early, so when your party flies out you will know you paid the least for your seat and nobody will have paid less than you for their golf clubs. Enjoy your holiday, think of the positives.

PS I worked for an airline for 33 years and recently saw the lives of many of my friends devastated by this race to the bottom within the low cost industry so I apologise if I don't sympathise with those that will always find something to moan about.
Old 14-04-2018, 10:26

Don't forget that airlines use dynamic pricing which means the price varies with demand. When airlines release their flights they expect a surge in bookings and those prices may not always be the cheapest. I have always found waiting a while after release yields the best prices.
Jimbo the Jambo likes this.
Old 14-04-2018, 12:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
Don't forget that airlines use dynamic pricing which means the price varies with demand. When airlines release their flights they expect a surge in bookings and those prices may not always be the cheapest. I have always found waiting a while after release yields the best prices.
I think that may be the case with other airlines but with EasyJet it is always cheaper to book early. The prices increase as seats get sold. Unless they bring out an extra flight on the same day, due to demand, then price will be lower again. This is rare, other than high season, and a bit of a gamble 😊
pansy potter likes this.
Old 14-04-2018, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
I think that may be the case with other airlines but with EasyJet it is always cheaper to book early. The prices increase as seats get sold. Unless they bring out an extra flight on the same day, due to demand, then price will be lower again. This is rare, other than high season, and a bit of a gamble 😊
Debz we did well only booked on 6/4/18 for 18/4/18 just £64.78 each with one case between 2 off us. If I remember correct the outward flight was £33.00 and inbound £10:00 ish
Hope you clear all that rain away soon before we get there.

Snows
debz1 likes this.
Old 14-04-2018, 22:03

Just for the record, my post was not knocking EasyJet who support the island all year round unlike other more prestigious airlines (I use EZY at least 6 times a year) but £74 to take a piece of luggage? Really??

Book as early as you can, get great prices and support the airline that supports Mallorca all year round
Old 15-04-2018, 22:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Not necessarily, see my post here about a reduction i got because the price dropped after i had booked:

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ht-club-2.html

I suspect it's all a bit hot and miss.....
debz1 likes this.
Old 15-04-2018, 23:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
Not necessarily, see my post here about a reduction i got because the price dropped after i had booked:

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ht-club-2.html

I suspect it's all a bit hot and miss.....
You got a reduction because they added an extra flight due to demand. As normal the new flight started at a lower price . This is one of the benefits of being part of the Easyjet flight club 😊